It is quite frustrating when you find your iPhone running slow, which can affect your work and social activities with your friends to a great degree. Nowadays, we are used to spending much time on our phones. Smartphones have become an indispensable tool for us to communicate with others, and process some tasks. Therefore, it is necessary to learn the reasons for why is my iPhone running so slow, and how to fix this issue effectively. This guidance will help you to get rid of the slow running iPhone trouble. You are lucky to get here and read through the whole tutorial to understand clearly.
Part 1: Why Is My iPhone Running Slow?
Many iPhone users have encountered the issue of iPhone running slow, and they kept asking “why is my iPhone so slow”. Here, we will list some common factors that can lead to lagging iPhone.
Why is my iPhone running so slow?
- One of the main reasons for iPhone running slow is the lack of updates. If your iOS version is not the latest one, and the software you are using on your iPhone is outdated, it is likely that your iPhone will perform slowly.
- Maybe your storage space is clogged up by some bloatware, and too many junk files. Full memories and insufficient storage space can lead to lower iPhone performance.
- If there are too many background apps, your iPhone will slow down other activities to keep the normal running of apps in the background. Therefore, it is clever for you to close unnecessary apps to ensure the fast running of your iPhone.
- When the network connection of your iPhone is poor, your iPhone will also get slow performance. Maybe the Internet line has something wrong, or the Wi-Fi network is not stable enough for fast iPhone running performance.
- Under extreme weather conditions, iPhone running slow issue can also occur. When the weather is too cold or too hot, your iPhone hardware can meet with challenges.
- Deteriorating iPhone battery and simple aging processes can slow down your iPhone performance as well.
- Poor and unreasonable settings of your iPhone, like motion and brightness displays, is also a common reason for slow running iPhone.
- Malware is also likely to cause iPhone running slow issue, especially when you have a jailbreak on your iPhone. It is sensible for you to use firewall software to prevent malware all the time.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Running Slow?
The tips for dealing with iPhone running slow are various. Here are some effective methods for your reference.
1. Restart Your iPhone to Fix iPhone Running Slow
It is clever for you to restart your iPhone to make your iPhone faster. To make it, you need to press and hold the side button on the right side of your iPhone. After that, you can swipe right on the button of “slide to power off” gently.
2. Update Your iPhone to the Latest iOS System
Since outdated iOS system version is one main reason for iPhone slow running issue, you’d better try to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version to get rid of this trouble quickly. To get this work done, you need to hit on “Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install” to wait for the successful installation of the latest iOS version.
You are recommended to turn on the feature of “Automatic Updates”. This function can remind you new updates of iOS version in time.
3. Clear Cache and Cookies on Your iPhone
Too much cache and too many cookies can slow down iPhone. Many apps will cache data. Here we would like to take Safari for instance, for it is a default web browser on your iPhone, which is used frequently.
Step 1: Navigating to the Settings app on your iPhone home screen.
Step 2: Hit on “Safari > Clear History and Data” to finish the task.
As for clear the cache and cookies of other apps, you can read on How to Clear Cache and Cookies on iPhone to achieve your goal.
4. Check Network Connection of Your iPhone
It is also sensible for you to check your network connection on your iPhone. This error can also lead to slow iPhone running condition. As for how to troubleshoot this problem, you can read on How to Troubleshoot iPhone won’t connect to Wi-Fi to learn several effective tips. Among these methods, reset network settings is always effective, which has been proved by many users. To make it, you can just move to hit on “Settings > General > Reset Network Settings”.
5. Check Your iPhone Battery Health
When you ask “why is my iPhone so slow”, you can try to check your iPhone battery health by going to click on “Settings > Battery > Battery Health”. If your iPhone battery is lower than 80%, you need to change a new battery. Otherwise, Apple will restrict the performance of your iPhone to ensure the battery life. If your iPhone battery is draining too fast, you can read on How to Fix Fast Draining iPhone Battery to learn how to settle this issue.
6. Upload Big Files to iCloud or Computer to Free Up More Space
In order to free up more space on your iPhone to improve your iPhone running speed, it is worth trying to upload big files like photos, videos and audios to iCloud or computer for backup. For transferring files from iPhone to computer, you are suggested to use Leawo iTransfer to assist you, which can assist you a lot and save you much time.
7. Limit Background App Refresh
Too much background app refresh can result in iPhone running slow issue. Here, you can go to “Settings > General > Background App Refresh” to selectively toggle off Background App Refresh for certain apps.
All these measures listed in this part are effective to a kind of issue that caused your iPhone to slow down. You can try them one by one till your iPhone running slow issue disappears. If you are searching for a more professional fixing tool, you can continue to read the next part to help you.
Part 3: One-Click to Fix iPhone Running Slow
The reasons of iPhone running slow issue are various and it is quite time-consuming to try the methods shown above one by one. For the aim of fixing iPhone running slow issue with just one simple click and save your time, you can resort to Leawo iOSFix to boost the speed for iPhone. This software can deal with diverse iOS issues without causing any data losing, such as stuck in boot loop, stuck on transferring data, stuck in recovery mode and so forth. The following step-by-step instruction will show you how to figure out this problem easily.
Step 1: Download and install Leawo iOSFix
Navigate to the official website of Leawo iOSFix and then download the software to install it on your computer. This process is quite quick and simple to handle.
- Fix 50+ iOS/tvOS issues on iPhone, iPad, iPod or Apple TV
- 2 repair modes for data lossless fixing
- Fix all iOS and tvOS versions in clicks
- Multiple iOS/tvOS system fixing pathse
- One-click to upgrade to the latest iOS/tvOS version
- One-click to enter/exit Recovery Mode
- Troubleshoot iOS/tvOS not recognized issues in detail
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer
Plug your iPhone into computer with a proper USB cable and then launch the tool on your computer. The program will recognize your iPhone info automatically. You need to know that this software can not fix hardware issues and it only allows you to connect one device for safe fix every time.
Step 3: Select repair mode to fix iPhone running slow issue
You can choose the Standard Mode or Advanced Mode. The first mode can figure out the issue by keeping all previous iPhone data, while the Advanced Mode can assist you to deal with serious errors by erasing all data. In order to get rid of the iPhone running slow issue, you can first try the Standard Mode to get the work done without losing data. If this mode fails, you can try the Advanced Mode. Before your carrying out the second mode, you’d better back up your iPhone data to computer for later use.
Step 4: Download firmware
Confirm your iPhone model. Hit on the button of “Download Now” to begin to download suitable firmware for your iPhone. If you have downloaded and saved a proper firmware on your computer, you can click on the “Select” tab to choose it from your computer local folder to get this work done easily.
Step 5: Initiate the process to fix iPhone running slow
Find the button of “Fix Now” to hit on to begin fixing your iPhone running slow issue. Wait for a while and you will be able to use your iPhone with fast speed after the whole process comes to an end.