With the advent of the Internet era, we can use some music playing software, such as iTunes, Spotify and so on to listen to beautiful songs anytime and anywhere. As a music enthusiast, I spend most of my time listening to music in my life. Of course, I really enjoy listening to music using all kinds of music playing software. But there's one question that's been bothering me for a long time: I can't play some songs on Spotify. In order to solve this problem, I learned about the causes of this problem and the corresponding solutions through the Internet. Here, I'll go over the reasons why I can't play some songs on Spotify and the solutions and I hope will help you with the same problem.
Why can't I Play Some Songs on Spotify?
When I searched the Internet for reasons why I can’t play some songs on Spotify, I found that many users had similar problems. So, the reasons why I can’t play some songs on Spotify have all been collected, as follows:
1. File format problem. This is the biggest reason why users can't play some songs on Spotify. For example, songs downloaded from iTunes are in M4P format and are DRM-protected. Other music-playing apps, except iTunes, can't play these songs. As a result, the Spotify platform can't recognize these songs and play them. Another reason is that music downloaded from Spotify is DRM-protected, and Spotify does not allow users to enjoy the music offline. As a result, users must be connected to the Internet to play these songs on Spotify.
2. Network issue. Users may use VPN access to Spotify platform, but may be unable to play songs due to the network signal is bad and other reasons.
3. Spotify has problems of its own. Spotify may crash during operation, causing it to be unable to play music.
4. National and regional issues. Spotify can't play certain songs for users because of regional or national rules.
5. Membership authority. Spotify charges users a fee for some of its songs, and to listen to them they need to become a member of the platform or else be unable to listen to them.
6. Copyright and legal issues. Spotify may not have bought the rights of songs by certain artists, so it doesn't have the right to play them for users.
How to Solve Problem - Why can't I Play Some Songs on Spotify?
After learning more about the specific reasons why I can't play some songs on Spotify, I also found ways to solve these problems. You can find solutions to your own problems in the introduction below.
- 1. Solutions to music file format problems. As we all known, Spotify is unable to buy all music rights, forcing us to download DRM-protected M4P files from other music players. In this case, we need a professional software that can delete DRM and convert M4P to MP3 or convert M4P to WAV. Since the main reason I can't play some songs on Spotify is also a file format issue, I used a variety of software on the market that can not only remove DRM in M4P, but also convert M4P to other formats. By comparison, I have selected the best one - Leawo Prof. DRM, and I highly recommend it to you. In the third part of this article, I will introduce how to use it in detail.
- 2. If a user is using a VPN to log on to Spotify, disconnect the VPN, wait for a while and restart the VPN to solve the problem of can't play some songs on Spotify.
- 3. If there is a run-time problem with Spotify, you can uninstall the original Spotify app, then re-download and install the pure version of Spotify.
- 4. If you can't play some songs directly on Spotify because they have to be paid for, you'll have to pay and become a Spotify member to enjoy these songs.
Solve Problem of can't Play Some Songs on Spotify via Leawo Prof. DRM
Leawo Prof. DRM is a powerful software that can remove DRM from iTunes videos, iTunes music, Spotify music, e-books, and so on, and convert these files into popular DRM-free files for users to better use. On the one hand, as a professional DRM removal software, in order to eliminate the limitation of only using certain video or music files on specified devices, Leawo Prof. DRM integrates DRM video converter (it is able to convert M4V movies and TV shows protected by iTunes DRM to DRM-free MP4), DRM music converter (it is able to convert M4P protected by iTunes DRM and non-DRM iTunes M4A music files to MP3 files), DRM audiobooks converters (it is able to complete the task of removing DRM from M4B, AA, AJAX file, and converting any can be heard of AA, AJAX files into MP3 without authorized by iTunes), DRM eBook converters (it is able to remove different types of DRM protection of the Kindle, Kobo, Adobe eBook, and convert a file in a particular format, which includes EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, azw, KFX, PRC, HTML, TXT and so on, into a DRM-free format file.) and DRM Spotify converter (similar to delete iTunes DRM, it can mass-delete DRM from Spotify music files and save it to a common format).
- Convert iTunes DRM-protected M4V movie and TV show to DRM-Free MP4
- Remove DRM from M4B, AA, AAX files and convert any Audible AA, AAX file to MP3, even without iTunes authorization
- Convert iTunes DRM-Protected M4P and non-DRM iTunes M4A Music to MP3
- Remove DRM-protection on Spotify music and convert to Universal audio format for enjoying music offline on any devices
- Convert DRM-protected eBook from Kindle, Kobo, Adobe to DRM-free epub, mobi, azw3, txt, etc., format
On the other hand, by using today's most advanced digital media processing technology, Leawo Prof. DRM can easily remove DRM of iTunes music files, Spotify music files and e-books in Kindle, Kobo and Adobe, retaining 100% of the original audio, video, and image quality, music ID tags, captions, and so on without any loss.
The following steps will be used to remove the DRM from the DRM-protected M4P music file in iTunes and convert it to MP3 by using Leawo Prof. DRM:
Step 1: To run Leawo Prof. DRM
Download Leawo Prof. DRM and install it on your computer, then boot it up. At this point, you need to authorize the computer by signing in with your Apple ID so that it can play the M4P music files you bought or rented in iTunes. Please do not use iTunes while Leawo Prof. DRM removes the iTunes DRM.
Step 2: To import all the M4P music files from iTunes into Leawo Prof. DRM
On the home page of Leawo Prof. DRM, you need to click the "Add File" button in the upper right corner or click "Add Files" on the submenu bar. A "Add Files" panel will then pop up that you can use to import one or more M4P music files that you need to remove DRM protection from into Leawo Prof. DRM. Of course, you can also drag and drop the M4P music file directly into Leawo Prof. DRM's interface to complete the import of the M4P music file.
Step 3: To set the channel, sampling rate, and bit rate in Leawo Prof. DRM
After importing the M4P music files from iTunes, the main page of Leawo Prof. DRM will display information about these M4P music files. You can view each of these M4P music files individually, and by clicking on the “Edit” button, then an “Edit” panel will pop up. You can use this panel to set the channel, sampling rate and bit rate of M4P music files.
Step 4: Set the location of the output file
After you have edited the channels, sampling rate, and bit rate of the M4P music files, it will return to the main page of Leawo Prof. DRM. At the bottom of the main page of Leawo Prof. DRM, you can click on the "...” button to set the location of the MP3 files that have been converted.
Step 5: Let Leawo Prof. DRM get to work
After you complete the above steps, click the blue "Convert" button in the lower right corner of Leawo's Prof. DRM home screen. Leawo Prof. DRM will then start removing DRM from M4P and converting M4P to MP3 at the same time. After a while, Leawo Prof. DRM will have done all the work. At this point, you can use Spotify to play all the MP3 files you get and enjoy the music.
Why can't I play some songs on Spotify? The above introduction is the answer to this question. Because Spotify owns few rights to songs, we have to download the songs we want to listen to from other music players. At the same time, because of DRM protection program, we cannot use Spotify to play these already downloaded music. At this point, it is quite necessary to use a professional music to convert these protected M4P music files into common MP3 files. Therefore, Leawo Prof. DRM is a good choice for us.