Excessive yawning or feeling fatigue when you wake up? Having difficulty waking up in the morning could be the result of stress and anxiety that interfere with your sleep. Besides improving your basic remedies and medical treatment, what else can you do to wake yourself up easily? The answer is the wake-up alarm. However, the default iPhone alarm sound is very annoying, which may even make you more tired or angry when you wake up. If you want to wake up better, changing iPhone alarm sound to another or a customized one may bring you vitality and energy. This tutorial will show you how to change alarm sound on iPhone.
Part 1: What Alarm Sound to Change on iPhone?
A lack of restful sleep may cause tiredness when you wake up. In this case, it's better to look for some medical treatment or sleep music to help you out. Beyond that, you can also change alarm sound on iPhone. Theoretically, an iPhone alarm sound that is gentle and stress-free can help you wake up with a morning boost and kick off a day with energy. If you don’t know how to get started, here are some tips when it comes to pick a tune for your iPhone alarm sound.
- Sounds of nature, like rainforest, ocean, birds singing, raindrops, flowing sounds of a stream, etc.
- Soft instruments, such pianos, violins, harps, etc.
- Ambiance sound
- Sound of crickets
- Smooth Jazz
- Your favored song
Part 2: How to Change Alarm Sound on iPhone via Clock App?
With the pre-installed Clock app, you can easily change alarm sound on iPhone in simple clicks.
- Open the Clock app, and tap the Alarm icon on the bottom menu bar.
- Tap the + icon on the upper left corner to add an alarm.
- Set a preferred time to wake up.
- To change iPhone alarm sound, just tap the Sound and pick an available tune from library.
- Tap Save to apply.
Part 3: How to Change Customized Alarm Sound on iPhone?
If you prefer to change iPhone alarm sound to a customized tune, then this part will be helpful to you.
- Step 1: Launch the Clock app on your iPhone, and tap the Alarm icon.
- Step 2: Tap the + icon on the top-right corner to add a new iPhone alarm.
- Step 3: Set a preferred time to wake up.
- Step 4: To change iPhone alarm sound to a customized tune, tap to enter Sound option. Here you need to select Pick a Song option under the SONGS section, where you can browse through your library. Choose a preferred track and tap to select it.
However, you can only choose alarm purchased from iTunes Store or Apple Music. If you haven’t purchased or subscribed from these two platforms, you can use some third-party clock apps, or follow the steps below to customize alarm sound for your iPhone.
Step 1: Download Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo Music Recorder is a powerful audio recorder to help you record any audio for free from online sources, such as iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, and more. To customize iPhone alarm ringtone, you need to download this software first. Click download button below to download and install this software to your computer.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2: Choose audio source
To record audio online, you need to click the microphone icon on the bottom-left corner to call out the Audio Source panel. Then, check Record Computer Audio option to record audio from stream or online music. Additionally, in the Settings panel, you can also set recording format and output directory.
Step 3: Start to customize iPhone alarm sound
After setting, go back to the main interface and prepare the music you like. Click the red start button to start recording, and play the prepared music at the same time. Finally, click the button again to stop recording.
It’s better to record the audio within 30 seconds, because iPhone alarm sound only supports 30-second length.
Step 4: Download Leawo iTransfer
After customizing iPhone alarm sound, now you need to transfer it to your iPhone. Here Leawo iTransfer will be recommended. It is an iOS transfer tool to help you transfer up to 12 kinds of files between iOS devices, computer and iTunes easily. You can choose a version according to your computer system, then download and install it to your computer.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 5: Connect your iPhone to computer
Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable and launch the software. It will recognize your iPhone automatically.
Step 6: Start to transfer custom iPhone alarm sound from computer to iPhone
Choose Music section under your iPhone library. On the right panel, click Add button in the top menu bar to browse and import alarms to your iPhone.
After transferring, you can follow the path mentioned in this part to change iPhone alarm sound to customized tune.
Part 4: How to Change iPhone Alarm Volume?
After changing your preferred iPhone alarm sound, if you find that the new iPhone alarm volume is too quiet or too loud, you can follow the steps below to adjust the volume of iPhone alarm sound.
- Go to Settings app.
- Scroll down and find Sound & Haptics
- Under the Ringer and Alerts section, drag the slider to left or right to adjust the volume.
- When you drag, the iPhone alarm will be played, so that you hear how the volume changes.
- Alternatively, you can toggle on Change with Buttons option to control your iPhone alarm sound using the physical volume keys.
Part 5: How to Change iPhone Alarm Vibration?
If you share the same room with others and don’t want to disturb them when you wake up, apart from a soft alarm, it is also a good choice to change iPhone alarm to vibrate.
- Step 1: Open Clock app on your iPhone, and tap Alarm tab on the bottom menu bar.
- Step 2: Click Edit to change an existing iPhone alarm to vibrate, or click + to set vibration to a new iPhone alarm.
- Step 3: Enter Sound option and scroll down to tap the None option. Then, go back to the top of the screen and select Vibration option.
- Step 4: Select a pattern you want. When tapping on one vibration pattern, you will get a short sample.
- Step 5: Alternatively, you can create vibration by your own. Just scroll down and tap Create New Vibration option. You can tap, hold, and release the blank space of screen to create your own vibration pattern. After setting, choose Play to play back the vibration; choose Record to record another vibration; choose Save to set as your iPhone alarm vibration. On the pop-up window, type in the name and tap Save. The custom vibration will be available on the list for you to choose.