“I have downloaded a video in WMV format but I have no idea on how to transfer WMV to iPhone and how to make WMV playable on iPhone. Can anyone help me?” Asked by Amandaxue.
Here in this post, I will introduce two solutions for you to play WMV on iPhone. One is to make good use of a third-party WMV player for iPhone. The other is to make use of a WMV to iPhone converter to convert WMV to iPhone supported video. No matter which solution you choose, you need to transfer video file (WMV video file or converted video file) from computer to iPhone for playing WMV on iPhone.
Part 1: Transfer Video File from Computer to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer
There are more than one ways for you to transfer video file from computer to iPhone. For example, you can use iTunes to sync video file to your iPhone, including iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. As for me, I prefer Leawo iTransfer to any other data transferring programs. Download and install Leawo iTansfer on your computer, and follow the guide below to transfer video file from computer to your iPhone. If you using Mac computers, you need to switch to its Mac counterpart Leawo iTransfer for Mac.
Guide on how to transfer video file including WMV from computer to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer:
1. Run Leawo iTransfer on your computer and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The software will recognize your iPhone and automatically detect the contents in your iPhone. Then the software will show the libraries of your iPhone in the left sidebar.
2. Click “Movies” in the left sidebar, and the contents will be shown in the right part of the window. If your Movie Library is empty, the software will offer an “Add File” button in the middle of the window to help you add video files from computer. Or you can click “File > Add > Add File/Add Folder” at the upper right corner of the window to add video files from your computer.
3. After choosing files, the software will start transferring videos from PC to iPhone. The progress bar in the dialog will show you the percentage of the transfer process, and when the transfer is done, you will get the videos in the target folder.
Part 2: Play WMV on iPhone with a Third-Party WMV Player for iPhone
After you transfer WMV to iPhone, you can play WMV on your iPhone with a third-party WMV player for iPhone. VLC for iOS is a free video player for iOS that allows you to play a wide range of different video files on your iOS device, be it iPhone, iPad or iPod. It can handle many of the video and audio formats that your iOS device won’t recognize, including MKV, WMV, AVI, DivX, etc. Download and install VLC for iOS on your iPhone, and then you can start to play WMV on iPhone.
It is very easy to play video and audio file on iPhone with VLC for iOS. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of VLC for iOS.
- Very simple to use
- Supports a wide range of video formats
- Straightforward user interface
- Supports Google Drive & Dropbox streaming
- Won’t play back video captured by your device
- Playback isn’t always seamless
Part 3: Play WMV on iPhone After Converting WMV to iPhone
The second solution to playing WMV on iPhone is to convert WMV to iPhone compatible video format with the help of a WMV to iPhone converter. Before we start to convert WMV to iPhone, we need to figure out what video formats are supported by iPhone, iPhone 7/7 Plus included.
- H.264 video: up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- H.264 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Thus, if you want to import WMV videos to iPhone and play WMV videos on iPhone, you need firstly to convert WMV video to MP4, MOV, or M4V videos that iPhone could recognize. A professional WMV to iPhone video converter could do you the favor, just like Leawo Video Converter, a professional Windows-based WMV to iPhone converter that could easily convert WMV to MP4, MOV or M4V videos for your iPhone, iPhone 7/7 plus included. It gets specific profiles for various iPhone models built in, thus you could easily figure out the output profiles for your iPhone. For Mac users, Leawo offers Mac WMV to iPhone Converter to help convert WMV to iPhone videos on iMac or Mac book (10.11 El Capitan included) easily. The steps below show you how to convert WMV videos for iPhone.
Before you start to convert WMV to iPhone, you need to download and install Leawo Video Converter on your computer.
Guide on how to convert WMV to iPhone with Leawo Video Converter:
Step 1: Import source WMV video files
On the main interface of Leawo Video Converter, click “Add Video” button on the sub-menu to load your source WMV video files.
Step 2: Set iPhone video as output format
Click the drop-down box next to the “Add Photo” button. On the drop-down list, select “Change” option. Then on the popup Profile window, select iPhone video like “MP4” or “MOV” from “Format” column as output format.
Note: If you need, you could click the “Edit” button on the drop-down profile setting box to adjust video and audio parameters like video codec, aspect ratio, frame rate, resolution, audio codec, bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc.
Step 3: Convert WMV to iPhone
Click the big green “Convert” button on the sub-menu bar next to the format setting drop-down box. Then, on the popup sidebar, set output directory. After setting output directory, click the “Convert” button right below. Leawo Video Converter would start to convert WMV to iPhone immediately.
Video guide on how to use Leawo Video Converter:
After converting, you need to transfer converted video file from your computer to your iPhone by following the instructions in Part 1.
Note: You could also refer to this guide while you’re going to convert videos between other formats, like MP4 to AVI, FLV to MP4, MKV to FLV, FLV to VOB, VOB to F4V, etc.