Instead of keeping the physical Blu-ray discs, more and more people are inclined to store the multimedia content in the ISO format which has contain the whole information of the digital media content. Next time, you can directly play the ISO files on your computer. Furthermore, if you prefer to burn the ISO file to the Blu-ray or DVD discs, you are also allowed to burn the ISO file right away. But now the question is how to convert and burn the ISO, especially the Blu-ray to other formats, like DVD? Why is it necessary to burn Blu-ray ISO to DVD disc? In order to solve these problems, just refer to the following article.
Part 1: Why to Convert and Burn Blu-ray ISO to DVD
What is ISO file? What is Blu-ray ISO file? ISO is one of the storage formats of CD Mirror on the computer. Because it is a file stored according to the ISO-9660 standard for the CD-ROM file system, it is usually named after the suffix .iso on the computer. It has only one file in the form, which can truly reflect the content of the disc, and can be created by burning software or image file creation tools. An image file is a complete copy of the disc file information. Including all the information on the optical disc, so you must use special virtual optical drive software to load and then read it. It needs to completely simulate the environment of reading the optical disc file. Then we can easily know that the Blu-ray ISO is a kind of ISO file of Blu-ray disc. Therefore, if you have obtained the Blu-ray ISO file, then we can conclude that you can have the complete information of Blu-ray media content. Then, you may ask why you would like to convert the current Blu-ray ISO file to DVD since you can play the Blu-ray ISO file directly? For your detailed information, you can read through the following aspects.
1. Player limitation. Well, if you have obtained a professional media player that has the capability to play the ISO file, you don’t have to waste so much time in converting the Blu-ray ISO to DVD disc. But sometimes, your computer has not been equipped with the ISO media player nor you don’t have the Blu-ray player to support Blu-ray playback, instead, you only have a DVD player, what would you do if you really desire to play and watch the Blu-ray content in ISO format? Then, what you have to do is to convert the Blu-ray ISO to DVD format which can be played on your current DVD player.
2. Further editing requirements. In the previous Blu-ray ISO content, if you are not satisfied with the original menu, titles, or some other specific information, and you would like to make some changes to the Blu-ray contents, then you can try to rip the Blu-ray ISO content and you will be allowed to set some changes during the ripping process and more customized features would be added accordingly.
3. More compatible and much cheaper. This is an economic reason that you can consider converting Blu-ray ISO file to DVD disc. First of all, you have to make one thing clear that Blu-ray player can be compatible with both Blu-ray and DVD content, while the DVD players can only support DVD disc. If you prefer a safer way to play the media content, you should prepare the DVD content instead of Blu-ray content. By the way, buying an empty DVD disc will be much cheaper than a Blu-ray disc. You will only cost half of the money on buying the DVD disc.
Part 2: What Do You Need to Burn Blu-ray ISO to DVD
In order to burn Blu-ray ISO to DVD successfully, you had better make sure all the following preparations have already been set.
1. A burning CD-ROM drive. Nowadays, computers are generally equipped with the burning CD-ROM drive. If the old computer is not installed, you can also buy a DVD burner. If the requirements are not high, buy a cheap one. Usually, you can find two kinds of CD-ROM drive, the first one is the internal DVD drive and the second one is external DVD drive. You can select your own preferred one.
2. An empty DVD burning disc. You can find various DVD disc types nowadays, for example, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R and so on. Some DVD discs are only readable, while some are writable. This should depend on your own requirements. If possible, you had better buy a good DVD disc.
3. A powerful DVD burning program. A powerful and easy-to-use burning software, not only has functions such as disc backup and copy, video disc production, backup data recording, music disc production and other functions, but also with audio and video editing, audio and video format conversion and other functions. At the same time, this software can back up files to CD or DVD discs, and make these data into image files, and create CD or DVD discs that can boot standard data, which directly guides the startup of personal computers. Here, I will strongly recommend you to take a try on Leawo DVD Creator.
Part 3: How to Rip Blu-ray ISO
Now, since you have already prepared all the needed, now it is time to carry out the burning process. Actually, you can divide the whole process into two parts. The first part is to rip Blu-ray ISO to some other digital formats. Then, the second part is to burn the ripped Blu-ray ISO in digital format to DVD disc. For the first part, in order to rip Blu-ray ISO to other digital video formats, you have to seek help from a third-party ripping tool. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is the one you should not miss. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is able to rip Blu-ray and DVD to 180+ video or audio with 100% original quality and 6X faster speed. With Leawo Blu-ray Ripper, you can personalize the Blu-ray movies including file merging, media editing, 3D movie creating, parameter adjusting, etc with the best output quality. Now let’s share the detailed instructions.
Step 1. Download Leawo Blu-ray Ripper on the website and then install it on your computer. After entering the main interface, then choose Blu-ray Ripper option.
Step 2. Import the Blu-ray ISO content on your computer to Leawo Blu-ray Ripper. You can click Add Blu-ray/DVD to import the file or you can just drag the ISO file to the converting panel directly.
Step 3. Choose output format. You can choose MP4 as the output video format. There is a drop-down box named MP4 Video by default next to Add Photo button. And you can find Edit, Change and Apply three options. You can click Change to enter the Profile panel to select the output format. Various video and audio formats are available for selection, like 4K MP4, 4K MKV, HD MP4, HD AVI, MOV etc.
Step 4. Set output directory. After setting the video parameters, you can click the green button Convert to start the conversion process. But before it starts, you need to set a directory under Save to box. Finally, you can just click Convert button at the bottom to start the Blu-ray ISO to MP4 conversion process. Just wait in several minutes, and you will obtain a new video in MP4 format.
Part 4: How to Burn Ripped Blu-ray ISO to DVD
Now, what you need to follow up is to burn the ripped Blu-ray ISO which is in the format of MP4 to DVD disc with the help of a DVD burning program. Leawo DVD Creator can be your helpful hand in completing the burning process. With Leawo DVD Creator, you can burn more than 180 formats videos in formats like RMVB, MKV, MP4, WMV, Xvid, MOV, and FLV to DVD-9 and DVD-5 discs with 6X faster speed than others. With the support for Intel Quick Sync acceleration technology, Leawo DVD Creator ensures the fast burning speed while you are burning the MP4 videos to DVD. Furthermore, Leawo DVD Creator can preserve the quality of the original video while burning the video to DVD and ensures that the DVD playback would look just as good as the original video. Also, you can edit video to make it your own style, such as trim, crop, add watermark to the video and so on. And you can change the disc menu templates and the items on the disc menu with fast speed and high quality so as to obtain a customized DVD disc. You can easily burn MP4 to DVD by referring to the following steps.
Step 1. Download Leawo DVD Creator and install it on your computer.
Step 2. Insert an empty DVD disc to the computer’s drive.
Step 3. Open the program and import the reluctant video files to the main panel of the program by clicking “Add Video”, or you can simply drag the MP4 video to the program directly.
Step 4. Set the disc menu templates. You can choose from the templates library in the right-hand column or you can DIY your own disc menu.
Step 5. Start burning DVD. Once all the templates have been selected, click the green “Burn” icon on the top right-hand corner to start the DVD burning process. And you will be required to confirm “Burn to”, “Disc Label” and “Save to” options.
Burning Blu-ray ISO to DVD can allow you to enjoy the Blu-ray content in an easier way. What’s more, you can obtain the playback solution on various players with ease and accuracy. But you have to spend more time in making good preparation on selecting a proper DVD drive, an excellent DVD disc and a powerful DVD burning program. Then, follow the steps showed above, and you can burn Blu-ray ISO to DVD very smoothly.