“I recently deleted some photos that mean a lot to me on my iPod Touch. I want them back badly. I have synced my iPod Touch with iTunes before the deletion but I don’t know how to recover deleted photos from iPod Touch backup in detail. Could anyone help me?”
Situation 1. Synced iPod touch before Deletion but iTunes Have Been Updated after Deletion
Oops, you are out of luck. Since you have backed up your iPod Touch after accidently deletion, your deleted photos can’t be gotten back to iPod Touch. That means your photos are lost forever.
So to avoid such a misfortune, please remember to disable auto synchronization as soon as the accidental deletion happens. Just launch iTunes and go to “Edit< Preferences... < Devices", then check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".
Situation 2. Synced iPod touch before Deletion but iTunes Haven’t Been Updated after Deletion
Under such a situation, there are two options available for you to recover photos from iPod Touch: one is using iTunes and the other is using iPod Touch Photo Recovery software.
1. Tutorial to restore iPod Touch Photos via iTunes
Firstly launch iTunes and connect your iPod Touch to computer, then click “File>Device>Recover from Backup”, choose the backup belonging to your iPod Touch, and click “Apply”. All accidently deleted photos will be back to your iPod Touch soon.
2. Tutorial to recover deleted iPod photos via the iPod Photo Touch Recovery software
Firstly, download, install and run the iPod Touch Photo Recovery software on your Win computer. Mac users could turn to iPod Touch Photo Recovery for Mac.
Step 1: Extract iTunes Backup for iPod Touch
When entering the main interface of iPod Touch Photo Recovery, you can choose the mode “Recover from iTunes Backup” to scan all iTunes backups on your computer. All backups you have made for your iOS devices will be listed. Choose the one belonging to your iPod Touch and click “Scan” to extract iTunes backup of your iPod Touch.
Step 2: Recover Photos from iPod Touch Backup
When the iTunes backup of iPod Touch has been extracted, you could preview all photos on folders like Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, etc. on program left side. Then tick the photos you accidently deleted and click “Recover” button on the bottom-right to recover them.
Step 3: Save Recovered Photos on Computer
A new window will be popped up to inform you to set a saving folder on your computer for recovered photos. When done with the setting, click “Go” to undelete iPod Touch photos. As all recovered photos have been saved on your computer, just apply iTunes to sync them to iPad Touch.
The differences between iTunes and iPod Touch Photo Recovery:
1. iTunes supports entirely recovery. That means iTunes will get all your previous backed up data to iPod Touch, not only the photos accidently deleted or already existed on your iPod but also the data like photos, notes, reminders, messages, videos and more.
2. The iPod Touch Photo Recovery software gets selective recovery. It lets you preview all contents like photos, videos, SMS, notes, reminders, etc. from iPod Touch backup, then enables you to recover those photos you want from the backup.
3. It’s worth mentioning that the iPod Touch Photo Recovery software supports to recover deleted or lost contacts, messages, call history, calendar, notes, reminders from iPod Touch directly. No iTunes backup needed.