Speaking of iPhone XS Max, I bet the large size, high price and excellent performance will quickly flash through the heads of most of the people before they can think of something else. The iPhone XS Max (pronounced ‘Ten S Max’) is the biggest smartphone Apple has ever made. With a 6.5-inch OLED display, hardly any screen bezel and the now-iconic screen notch it’s a dominating presence in the hand. Meanwhile, starting from $1,099 for the 64GB version, iPhone XS Max is also the most expensive iPhone by far. The 512GB iPhone XS Max even reaches to $1499.
Despite the higher price, iPhone XS Max provides quite powerful features to its fans. The 2,688×1,242 OLED display on the XS Max delivers extraordinary visual effect for movies and games. The camera performance has also been improved a lot with dual 12MP main cameras and dual 7MP selfie cameras. The Apple A12 Bionic chipset provides faster response and more stable running. As to the system, iPhone XS Max comes with iOS 12.3, but now iOS 13 has been available to iPhone XS Max, which will bring more powerful features to iPhone XS Max like Dark Mode and a range of app speed increases. However, although with such a prefect handset on hand, we should also take care of the data loss problem. If you have deleted some contacts mistakenly and forgot backup in advance, do you know how to recover contacts from iPhone XS Max?
With a powerful iPhone XS Max contacts recovery utility, you can recover deleted contacts on iPhone XS Max with no hassle. Here are guides for you to retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone XS Max/XS/XR and other iPhone models step by step.
- Part 1: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR with iOS Data Recovery
- Part 2: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR via iCloud
- Part 3: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR using iTunes
- Part 4: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR through Gmail account
Part 1: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR
To recover lost contacts from iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, and other iPhone models, you need to make use of iPhone contact recovery software tools. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is the best iPhone recovery software you could find online. As a professional iOS data recovery program, Leawo iOS Data Recovery includes iPhone data recovery, iPad data recovery, iPod data recovery to help you recover up to 14 types of data and files from iOS devices, iTunes and iCloud, including contacts, messages, notes, reminders, photos, videos, etc. It could recover data and files for most iOS devices including iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 4/5, etc. The below guide would show you how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone XS Max/XS/XR and other iPhone models in detail with Leawo iOS Data Recovery.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone 5c to the computer
So as to recover deleted contacts on iPhone 5c, you should free download Leawo iOS Data Recovery on your computer first, and run it on the computer, and then use a USB cable to connect your iPhone 5c to the PC.
Step 2 Start to scan your iPhone 5c
Once your device has been detected by the iPhone 5c contacts recovery program, a “Start” interface will show, just click “Start” to scan your iPhone 5c.
Step 3 Preview and choose contacts on iPhone 5c
The scanning will only last for several minutes, after scanning, you are able to see all the different types of files listed in neat categories on the left sidebar. By clicking “Only display the deleted items” option on the left corner of the interface, you’ll see all the files that have been deleted from your iPhone 5c. Just click “Contacts” type to preview and then tick the single contacts you want to recover from iPhone 5c.
Step 4 Recover deleted contacts on iPhone 5c
After preview and selecting files, tap on “Recover” button on the right corner, then you’ll see a pop-up window for you to choose saving location for the files. Click “Open” to browse the computer file explorer and choose a saving folder on your PC, then click “Go” to start to recover contacts from iPhone 5c.
This is just an example to show you how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone XS Max and other iPhone models directly. Actually, Leawo iOS Data Recovery could help you recover deleted contacts from iTunes, and retrieve contacts from iCloud as well.
Part 2: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR via iCloud
If you have synced your iPhone XS Max to iCloud, it would be easier for you to retrieve deleted contacts from iCloud for iPhone XS Max and other iPhone models. The below steps would show you how to restore contacts you have deleted from iPhone XS Max from iCloud for your iPhone XS Max and other iPhone models.
1. On your computer, open icloud.com and log in with your Apple ID account.
2. Go to Settings tab on iCloud.com, then click “Restore Contacts” (in the Advanced section).
3. Then, you will see available versions listed by the date and time they were archived previously.
4. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore option.
5. Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. While it’s restoring them, any changes you make aren’t saved.
The restored contacts and contact groups will appear on all your devices set up for iCloud Contacts. If you haven’t set up your iPhone XS Max for iCloud, on your iPhone XS Max, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, swipe Contacts option to green on the “iCloud” window, and then click “Merge” button. You could then view all restored contacts on your iPhone XS Max.
Actually, with iCloud, you can restore your contacts, calendars and reminders, or Safari bookmarks and reading list from an earlier version that was automatically archived in iCloud. However, restoring contacts for iPhone XS Max and other iPhone models requires you to have archived contacts to iCloud.com previously. Otherwise you won’t be able to retrieve contacts from iCloud.com.
Part 3: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR using iTunes
If you have previously backed up iPhone XS Max or other iPhone models into iTunes, you could then also retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone XS Max/XS/XR by making use of iTunes backup. This is also quite simple and straightforward.
The below steps would show you how to restore deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR and other iOS devices from iTunes backup. Make sure you have previously backed up your iPhone to iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone XS Max or other iPhone models to your computer via USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer. Then you will see your iPhone icon on the secondary menu bar of the top left corner.
3. Click the iPhone icon to invoke your iPhone information.
4. Open the “Summary” tab and then click the “Restore Backup…” option on the right panel.
5. Select the latest backup entry appearing under the most recent date and click “Restore” button.
6. Wait for the restore process to complete. Disconnect your iPhone from computer safely.
Also, similar to the above solution, you need to make sure the deleted contacts are included in the latest iTunes backup you’ve chosen to restore. Otherwise you won’t get deleted contacts back. Meanwhile you need to keep this in mind that restoring iPhone, iPad, iPod contacts from iTunes backup will erase all media tracks currently existing on your device. That means you have to risk on the existing data and files you might not make any backup.
Part 4: How to retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR through Gmail account
If you have all your contacts saved in Gmail account, you could also retrieve deleted contacts for iPhone XS Max/XS/XR through Gmail. The process might be a little bit complicated but it does work and free.
Follow the below steps to learn how to retrieve deleted contacts from Gmail account.
1. Log in to your Google account and navigate to Google Contacts:
2. On the left-side menu, click on “More” > “Export” and select “vCard”. Hit “Export” to backup Google Contacts to a computer.
3. Save the “contacts.vcf” file to your computer. This file contains all your Gmail (Google) contacts.
4. Open iCloud.com and then log in with your Apple ID you have logged in on your iPhone XS Max.
5. Click the wheel icon in the sidebar, then choose “Import vCard” option.
6. Browse and upload the vCard file you just exported from Gmail to iCloud.com.
7. On your iPhone XS Max/XS/XR or other iPhone models, go to “Settings” app.
8. Tap on [your name] and then choose iCloud.
9. Switch “Contacts” option to green and then choose “Merge” option at the bottom.
Now, you have successfully exported contacts from Gmail to iPhone XS Max and any other iPhone model you want to retrieve contacts.