“What can I do to burn MKV to DVD Mac? – I have several MKV files and would like to convert MKV to DVD Mac. Who can tell me which kind of MKV to DVD converter Mac is with better quality? And then, can someone tell me the tutorial steps of how to convert and burn MKV to DVD Mac OS? The more detailed, the better.”
Currently, there exists an increasing need to burn MKV to DVD on Mac. As an advanced container format mainly for HD videos, MKV starts to take a greater share in the video territory. Many streaming videos or downloaded movies come with .mkv extensions. However, if you want to watch MKV files on DVD player, you will be disappointed. MKV is yet not compatible with DVD players and a large number of media players. You need to burn MKV to DVD Mac before you could view MKV files on DVD players. This guide shares you with an advanced Mac MKV to DVD converter to help you easily convert and burn MKV to DVD Mac.
Part 1: Things Needed for Burning MKV to DVD Mac
To most novices, it might seem to be quite difficult for them to burn MKV to DVD on Mac computer since they have no experience in doing this. The first thing they may ask is mostly what they need to burn MKV to DVD on Mac, and then which MKV to DVD converter Mac tool to use and how to burn MKV to DVD on Mac. As the saying goes that a beard well lathered is half shaved. Let’s firstly get prepared for burning MKV to DVD on Mac.
Without doubt, you need to get source MKV files ready on your Mac computer. That means there are two things you need to get: source MKV files, and Mac computer (iMac or MacBook). To burn MKV to DVD on Mac, you also need to get a DVD disc or enough hard drive space. Since only DVD burner software could help you burn MKV to DVD disc playable on standalone DVD players, you therefore need a DVD burner software program.
To sum it up, you need to prepare these things:
- iMac or MacBook with working DVD drive.
- Blank writable DVD disc if you want to burn MKV to DVD disc on Mac.
- Source MKV files.
- Enough hard drive space.
- MKV to DVD converter Mac software – Leawo DVD Creator for Mac.
Why Use Leawo DVD Creator for Mac:
Part 2: How to Burn MKV to DVD on Mac
Download and install Leawo DVD Creator for Mac on your iMac or MacBook. Then follow the below steps to learn how to burn MKV to DVD Mac with this MKV to DVD converter Mac app.
1. Import MKV video file
2 ways to import MKV videos: direct drag-and-drop, or, click the “Add Video” icon to browse and add.
- To burn MKV to DVD disc on Mac, insert a blank writable DVD disc into the DVD recorder drive beforehand.
- After importing videos, set output disc type ( DVD-5 or DVD-9, according to the output DVD disc type you want it be), set aspect ratio and output quality at the bottom.
- After importing, you could play back MKV files with the built-in player, select subtitles and audio tracks, add external subtitles, etc.
2. Edit MKV video files (Optional)
Click the “Edit” button in a loaded MKV file title to enter the video editing panel, where you could Trim, Crop, Effect, Rotation and Watermark loaded MKV files to get customized DVD output.
3. Set disc menu
On the right sidebar, select a disc menu template for final DVD movie. Click the middle of selected disc menu to preview it.
- If you want to customize disc menu, on the disc menu preview panel, click the pencil icon to enter the disc menu designer panel. You could apply personal background music, image or video, change main menu and chapter titles, adjust title text content, font, color, size, etc.
4. More MKV to DVD burning settings
After setting disc menu, click the big green “Burn” button on the main interface. On the popup sidebar, set “Burn to“, “Disc Label” and “Save to” options.
- If you only need to burn MKV to DVD disc on Mac, insert a blank writable DVD disc into the disc recorder drive and then select DVD disc recorder drive as output under the “Burn to” option.
- The “Burn to” option allows multiple choices. You could use this Mac MKV to DVD converter to create DVD disc, folder and ISO image file at the same time.
5. Burn MKV to DVD Mac
Finally, click the “Burn” button. This MKV to DVD converter Mac would start to burn MKV to DVD Mac immediately. After the burning process, you could then play burned DVD disc on any DVD player.
Extension: How to Play MKV Files on Mac
There are also many Mac users who would like to directly play MKV files on Mac computer. Actually, to play MKV files on Mac, there are 3 different ways:
- Install a codec package for QuickTime player, like Perian, to let QuickTime Player recognize MKV files and then play MKV on Mac.
- Use 3rd-party free Mac MKV player software like Leawo Free Blu-ray Player for Mac.
- Use Mac video converter to convert MKV to QuickTime MOV files for playing MKV on Mac, like Leawo Video Converter for Mac.
For detailed guide on how to play MKV on Mac, please refer to 3 Ways on How to Play MKV on Mac.