"A little help: I’ve just bought my first 3D Blu-ray and I want to backup it to my PC’s HDD. I typically used some Blu-ray ripper software and converted a normal Blu-ray to the drive with no problems. It keeps all the menu’s and movie intact. However I’m not able to do the backup with a 3D Blu-ray. A point in the right direction as to what software to use to rip the 3D disc would be greatly appreciated. I won’t be buying any more 3D discs unless I can figure out how to rip them successfully. Thanks in advance for your help."
Generally, Blu-ray backup tools could only backup 2D Blu-ray movies onto computer hard drive or blank disc. Backup 3D Blu-ray movies requires special 3D Blu-ray backup tools. Leawo Blu-ray Copy is one of these 3D Blu-ray backup tools you could use to copy and backup your 3D Blu-ray movies with 3D effect retained.
Part 1: Get Prepared
To copy 3D Blu-ray movies from either disc, folder or ISO image file, you need to get full prepared. The very first thing you should prepare is source 3D Blu-ray movies. If you want to copy 3D Blu-ray disc onto another blank disc or computer hard drive, insert source Blu-ray 3D movie disc into the Blu-ray recorder drive. If you want to copy 3D Blu-ray movie folder or 3D Blu-ray ISO image file, also, get source Blu-ray movies ready.
Secondly, get clean target drive. To copy 3D Blu-ray movie to blank Blu-ray disc, prepare a blank writable Blu-ray disc and insert it to the Blu-ray recorder drive. To backup Blu-ray 3D movies onto computer hard drive, make sure the target drive gets enough storage space.
Thirdly, download and install 3D Blu-ray copy software - Leawo Blu-ray Copy on your computer. This 3D Blu-ray backup software could help copy and backup source 3D Blu-ray movies to anywhere you want it to be.
To sum up, all things you need to prepare are listed below:
1. Source 3D Blu-ray movies, in either disc, folder or ISO image file.
2. Blank writable target Blu-ray disc, or hard drive with enough space.
3. Blu-ray recorder drive.
4. 3D Blu-ray copy software.
5. Internet connection (in case of 3D Blu-ray discs being encrypted).
Part 2: Copy 3D Blu-ray Disc and Folder
"Can I burn 3D blu-ray's to HDD and still get 3D playback? - I burn all of my blu-rays to my HDD because it's just easier to find and access the one I want/need. Like the title says I'm trying to find out if I can burn my 3D blu-ray's to my HDD and still get 3D playback on them to my TV via my HDMI connection. If so, how exactly would I go about burning them (if there is a certain way), and is there any special software or anything I'll need to play the blu-ray's back through to do this? I use VLC to play them back for the time being, I'm just not sure if that will work in regards to 3D. Thanks for the help."
Many people may have a bunch of 3D Blu-ray movie discs purchased from Amazon. Questions like the above one is quite common. The answer is of course yes. You could choose to burn or copy 3D Blu-ray movies to HDD and then play 3D Blu-ray movies with 3D Blu-ray player on your computer easily. The only thing to attention is that you need to copy the full 3D Blu-ray movie to HDD for smooth playback.
How to Copy or Burn 3D Blu-ray Disc and Folder with Leawo Blu-ray Copy:
1. To copy 3D Blu-ray disc to another Blu-ray disc, if your computer gets 2 Blu-ray recorder drive, you need to insert source 3D Blu-ray disc into one Blu-ray recorder drive and then insert blank writable Blu-ray disc into another Blu-ray recorder drive. If your computer only gets one Blu-ray recorder drive, you need to firstly choose to create an ISO image file of source 3D Blu-ray disc (by ticking the ISO image file option in "Copy to" setting in Step 4), and then copy the created 3D Blu-ray ISO image file to blank Blu-ray disc (detailed steps are listed in Part 3.)
2. To copy 3D Blu-ray movie, you need to set the copy mode as "Full Movie" mode.
Part 3: Copy 3D Blu-ray ISO Movie to Disc
Some people may have downloaded some 3D Blu-ray ISO image files from online movie sites or blogs. These 3D Blu-ray movies could be directly played back by 3D Blu-ray player software on computer. However, there are people that plan to watch these 3D Blu-ray movies in ISO image file on 3D Blu-ray players or 3D TV. What should they do? It's actually simple. With Leawo's 3D Blu-ray Copy software, people could easily copy 3D Blu-ray ISO image file to Blu-ray disc in several clicks.
How to Burn 3D Blu-ray ISO Image to Blu-ray Disc with Leawo Blu-ray Copy:
1. You could click the wheel icon on the top-right corner and then select "Copy&Burn" option to set the TV Standard, region code, and burning engine.
2. Leawo Blu-ray Copy gets both Win and Mac versions. So if you run on a Mac, you can turn to Leawo Blu-ray Copy for Mac. This guide is applicable to both versions.