iPhone is best phone you can buy today for recording video. While other phones like Samsung, Google Pixel and Huawei can match iPhone in terms of photos, iPhone’s video prowess is largely unmatched by other phone makers of. The image quality, color accuracy, the size and the ease of use of iPhone truly allow you to capture personal moments at any time in an easy way. However, videos takes up a lot of space on your iPhone. Therefore, no matter you want to tight up storage on your iPhone, or back up videos on your iPhone, you may want to transfer videos from iPhone to computer. This tutorial will cover 4 methods to transfer videos from iPhone to computer, including general methods and specific methods to Windows and Mac computer respectively.
Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer Without iTunes?
Maybe you’ve tried iTunes, but were held back by its intricate maze of steps. Fortunately, in order to help people transfer iOS data between iOS devices, computer and iTunes, as well as back up their iOS devices, Leawo iTransfer came into being. With this software, you can transfer, back up and manage up to 12 kinds of iOS files including photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, and so on without efforts. To send videos from iPhone to computer with iTransfer, follow the detailed guidance below.
Step 1: Free download Leawo iTransfer
Click either buttons below according to your computer system to free download Leawo iTransfer on your computer. Then, follow the onscreen instruction to install this software.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer
After installation, launch the software, and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. This software will automatically recognize your iPhone at instance.
Step 3: Choose target videos to transfer
In the left column, you can click the specific library that contains the videos you want to transfer, including Movies, TV Shows and Camera. Then, in the right pane, you will see all videos under this library. Choose target videos at will and right-click on them, then click Transfer to > Computer.
Step 4: Start to transfer videos from iPhone to computer
In the pop-up window, you can confirm the output directory, or click Change button to browse and reset directory. Finally, click Transfer Now to transfer videos from iPhone to computer.
Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud?
Wired transfer is always the fastest ways to transfer videos from iPhone to computer. However, if you don’t have a USB cable, iCloud would be helpful too. With iCloud Photo Library on, you can access all your iPhone photos and videos on the website of iCloud, including downloading. But it is worth noting that, you can’t upload videos that are purchased from other video platforms like YouTube and Netflix from iPhone to computer. Instead, it will only transfer videos that can be viewed in the Photos app of your iPhone. Plus, since iCloud only provides 5GB free storage space, make sure that there is enough iCloud space.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, and toggle on the button of iCloud Photo Library. Your entire Photos library will be uploaded to iCloud automatically when your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2: On your computer, open the browser and go to the official website of iCloud.
- Step 3: After logging into with your Apple ID, click the Photos button in the main menu.
- Step 4: Freely select target videos, and click the Download button in the top-right corner. Then, the selected videos will be downloaded to your computer automatically.
Part 3: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Windows Computer?
If you are using a PC, there are also two ways specific to Windows computer. For Windows 8, 10 and 11, you can use the built-in Photos app. But if you are a Windows 7 or previous system user, you can also transfer videos from iPhone to computer using the File Explorer.
1. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Windows 8, 10 or 11 Using Photos App?
You can upload videos from iPhone to Windows 8, 10 or 11 using the built-in Photos app. Simply make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing iPhone photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. If asked, unlock your iPhone using passcode and tap to Trust or Allow on the pop-up Trust This Computer prompt to continue.
- Step 2: On your PC, click Start button and select Photos to open the Photos app.
- Step 3: In the top-right corner, click Import > From a USB device. Then, select the videos you want to transfer from iPhone to computer, and click Import to start transferring.
2. How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Windows Computer Using File Explorer?
For Windows 7 and previous Windows system, you can also send videos from iPhone to computer using the File Explorer. However, it doesn’t sort photos and videos automatically, which means you need to tediously rumbling through random files to find the target videos.
- Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
- Open File Explorer, and your iPhone should be recognized immediately. Double click on it, and open Internal Storage > DCIM folder.
- Your videos will be scattered randomly in various folders. Find and select them, then copy and paste selected videos into a local folder on your computer.
Part 4: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Computer?
Certainly, iPhone users have always stuck to Apple ecosystem, so it is also significant to learn how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac computer. Generally, if you have enabled iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, you can get access to all your iPhone photos in the built-in Photos app. Alternatively, if you want to upload videos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly without using iCloud, you can also seek help from AirDrop. For more details, see: How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac? In this part, we will introduce a way that is similar to that in Windows PC – Image Capture. It is initially developed by Apple to manage iPhone captured images on Mac, but now it can be used to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac computer as well.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac and launch Image capture.
- In the left column, select the device to view its content. From the right, you can manually select target videos you want to transfer.
- After selection, set output directory in the bottom menu. Then, click Import button to transfer selected videos to Mac. Or, you can click the Import All button to transfer all videos and photos on your iPhone to Mac in one go.