iOS data transfer issue has been a bit problem among iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod) owners since Apple has made it a little bit difficult to transfer data and files between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod), iTunes and computer. After getting a new iPhone, jailbreaking, or an iOS upgrade, some users can’t find out a good way to transfer the photos they have backed up in PC to their new iPhone. In fact, transferring photos from PC to iPhone is not that difficult. iCloud and iTunes can both be helpful. Besides, the iPhone transfer software is also helpful for you to transfer photos from computer to iPhone.
Well, if you happen to have the same questions as mentioned above, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we would like to show you different and effective solutions on how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone. These solutions also apply to data transfer from computer to iPad and iPod devices.
- Part 1: Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone with iCloud/iTunes
- Part 2: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone with iPhone Transfer Software
- Part 3: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone via Email
- Part 4: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone using Dropbox
- Part 5: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone using Google Drive
Part 1: Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone with iCloud/iTunes
First of all, we would like to talk about the official solutions provided by Apple: iCloud and iTunes, both of which help Apple users to manage their data and files on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod) effectively. You could transfer photos from computer to iPhone with iCloud and iTunes respectively:
Using “Photo Stream” to transfer photos from PC to iPhone automatically with iCloud is pretty convenient. Go to “Settings > iCloud > Photos (Photo Stream on iOS 6)” and then turn on My Photo Stream. Then get your iCloud started on your PC. In the iCloud Control Panel, Check the “Photos” and then enable the “Photo Stream” option. After that, import the photos into the “Photo Stream” folder on your PC, and then you will be able to view the photos on your iPhone. Using iCloud to transfer photos from computer to iPhone is easy, but this method needs Wi-Fi connection. Only over Wi-Fi connection can iCloud sync photo on PC with iPhone. The following steps will show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone with iCloud.
Using iTunes to sync photos with iPhone is also easy. As a media management center, iTunes helps you easily manage data and files (purchased and non-purchased) on your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod). You could easily sync data and files to iPhone with iTunes. But you should be very careful of the syncing function of iTunes because it is a double-edge sword. Once wrong click, you may lose data in your iPhone. You’d better back up your iPhone to iTunes before you try to sync photos to iPhone with iTunes. The following steps are going to show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone with iTunes:
1. Plug your iPhone into computer via the USB cable. Launch iTunes if it doesn’t launch automatically. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
3. In the sidebar on the left side of the iTunes window, click Photos tab under your iPhone.
4. Click the box next to "Sync Photos". If instead you see "iCloud Photos is On", all of your photos and videos are already on all of your devices that use iCloud Photos. You don't need to sync them through iTunes.
5. Choose the app or folder that you want to sync from. If you choose to sync a folder with sub-folders, the first level of sub-folders will appear as albums on your device.
6. Choose to sync all photos and albums or selected albums.
7. Select "Include videos" to sync the videos from your app or folder too.
8. At last, click the “Apply” button.
You may need your Apple ID to start the photo syncing. If iTunes asks, type your Apple ID into the blank, and then the synchronization starts.
But as mentioned above, iTunes is a double-edge sword. iTunes has very strict content management system, and the software never allows users to transfer files which are not got from iTunes back to computer or iTunes Library. So when you are transferring photos from PC to iPhone, iTunes wants to sync with your iPhone. Once syncing with it, you may lose the files which are not got from iTunes.
Part 2: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone with iPhone Transfer Software
If you want to transfer photos from PC to iPhone with no worries, I suggest you try third-party iPhone transfer software. Leawo iTransfer is multifunctional transfer software for iPhone, iPad and iPod. It can be used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs. Up to 14 types of data and files could be transferred, including: photos, videos, music, notes, reminders, messages, call history, bookmarks, etc. What makes Leawo iTransfer better than iTunes in data transfer is that it enables you to preview and select data and files before you start the transfer. What’s more, you could even transfer data and files not purchased in iTunes store from iPhone to iTunes or computer with Leawo iTransfer, for example, transferring movies from iPhone to computer.
The following guidance will show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
Step 1. Run Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPhone
Run Leawo iTransfer after installing it on your PC. Connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The software will detect the iDevice and show the libraries in the left sidebar.
Step 2. Add Photos from PC
Right click the “Photos” in the left sidebar and choose “Add File” or “Add Folder”. Or click “Photos” and then click “Files” on the upper right corner, and choose “Add > Add File/Add Folder”. If you put all the photos you want to transfer in one folder, the “Add Folder” choice will be perfect for you.
Step 3. Transferring Photos from PC to iPhone
The photo transfer from PC to iPhone immediately after choosing files. The dialog of transfer process pops up, and a progress bar shows the percentage of the transfer. When the transfer finishes, you will get all the photos in your iPhone.
Leawo iTransfer is a good iTunes alternative for all iPhone users. Leawo iTransfer can also be used for transferring files between iOS devices, for example, transferring photos from iPhone to iPad. If you want to transfer iPhone, iPad and iPod files effortlessly, you can check this software out.
Part 3: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone via Email
You could also try to transfer photos from PC to iPhone via email as either email content or email attachment. This method could help you transfer photos from your PC to iPhone of your own or others. If you want to transfer photos from PC to your own iPhone via email, you just need to set your own email address as the receipt.
The below steps would take Gmail as an example to show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPad via email.
1. On your computer, open the browser and then log in the Gmail account.
2. Click "COMPOSE" button to create a new mail.
3. Enter the receiver address and complete the topic.
4. Click the "Attach files" icon to choose photo(s) as attachment if you want to send a large number of photos.
5. Click the “Send” button to send out the email to the receipt.
6. Log in your email account on iPhone to receive the mail you just sent.
7. Tap the attached photo file and download photos to your iPhone.
This would be extremely easy and it’s totally free. However, if you are going to transfer a large number of photos from PC to iPhone, this won’t be the first choice since every email attachment has its limit and the transfer speed depends highly on the Internet connection.
Part 4: Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone using Dropbox
If you prefer online backup cloud service, Dropbox would be a wonderful choice. It is available for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, and BlackBerry users to upload, share and download files. Dropbox provides minimum storage of 2GB upon registration, which could be expanded to 100GB for personal use and 350GB for Dropbox Team use.
The below steps show you how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone via Dropbox in detail:
1. Download and install Dropbox on your computer and iPhone.
2. Create a Dropbox account if you don’t have one and log in with it.
3. Open Dropbox, and then directly copy and paste the photos you want to transfer from PC to iPhone into Dropbox folder. You could create a photo folder for these photos as well.
4. The photos would be automatically uploaded to the Dropbox cloud service.
5. On your iPhone, open Dropbox and log in with the same Dropbox account as you have logged with on your computer.
6. You then will see the photos or photo folder on your iPhone. Open it and then you will be able to save the photos into Photos app on your iPhone.
Part 5: Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone with iCloud/iTunes
As far as we know, Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files. It is smart to store your photos to Google drive as well. Besides, Google drive photos can be accessed anytime and you can even sync these photos across devices freely. To do so, follow the guide below.
Step 1: Make sure you have Google Drive App installed on your iPhone simply by going to App Store & downloading Google Drive App on your iPhone.
Step 2: Open Google Drive on your iPhone and find the photo or video you wish to download from Google Drive. Click the three dots icon which lets you browse for more options, where you need to tap on Send a copy. Then, click to save image.
Step 3: Save images to your iPhone. Note that Google Drive will require access to your Photos app in order to save the image, so make sure you have given the app the required permissions.
It is pretty easy to do so. Just give it a try.