Obviously, Apple products could always give us a surprise. It is learned that iPad Pro is equipped with 12-inch display, and has a high resolution of 2732*2048. The tablet may be not suitable for taking out, but it can be very helpful for doing work at home. In addition, iPad pro runs with A9x 64-bit processor, and it also has M9 motion processor to help users to handle multiple tasks just the same as iPhone 6s. Thanks to the high resolution of iPad Pro, people can have an excellent visual experience when they are going to watch movies. Many people may have many favorite DVDs at home, and they’ll want to transfer DVD to iPad for enjoyment. In fact, with the help of the third-party DVD ripping program and iPad transfer software, people can copy DVD to iPad easily. The following guidance will show you how to do that.
Part 1: Rip DVD to MP4 for iPad with Leawo DVD Ripper
Leawo DVD Ripper is a powerful program which enables users to rip Blu-ray/DVD discs to standard videos on computer, and it will keep the original resolution of the ripped videos. The following guidance will show you how to rip DVD to an iPad-compatible MP4 video, and you can free download the software to have a try.
Step 1. Insert your DVD disc to computer, and run Leawo Blu-ray Ripper. Click Add Blu-ray/DVD at the upper left corner to import your DVD disc, or drag the DVD disc into the window of the software.
Step 2. Choose the movie mode in the window. You have three modes to choose at the upper left corner. Click OK at the right bottom after selecting the movie mode.
Step 3. Click MP4 Video at the top middle, and click Change.
Step 4. Choose Device and select iPad model as an output for the conversion.
Step 5. Click Convert at the upper right corner, and click the browse button to choose a folder to save your video. Then click Convert at the bottom.
Finally, you will get the MP4 files in your own computer.
Part 2: Rip DVD to MP4 for iPad via HandBrake
In fact, ripping a movie to MP4 for iPad can seem complicated, but it’s actually pretty simple with Handbrake. Handbrake is easy to use, and it’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and it will convert your file into compatible formats for any device, like an iPad or Android phone. Follow along with these instructions.
1. Head to Handbrake’s homepage and download the latest version of this program. Install it to your computer as directed.
2. By default, Handbrake can only help rip unprotected DVDs, but most DVDs you buy from the store or online have copy protection. Therefore, to get around this, you will have to install libdvdcss.
3. After you have download and install libdvdcss successfully, then you can insert the DVD you want to rip, and open Handbrake
4. Click the Source button in the upper left-hand corner and find your DVD drive from the list. In general, the program will take a few minutes to start scanning your DVD. Wait patiently.
5. When it’s done, head to the “Title” drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner of the window, which is the place you will select which part of the DVD you want to get.
6. Now you can click the Browse button on the right side of the window. Then you will get a directory for you to save your movie file, and type in a file name in the box. Click OK.
7. On the right labeled “Presets”, you will get the chance to choose what format the resulting file will be in. If you just want to watch it on your iPad, the “High Profile” preset is better.
8. After all the settings are completed, you can hit the Start button at the top of the window.
When it’s done, you can double-click on your movie file to watch it, or sync it to your device of choice. Enjoy your time on iPad!
Part 3: Rip DVD to MP4 for iPad using Avidemux
Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding video files. As a simple and useful program, it supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. If you want to Rip DVD to MP4 for iPad, you can try it.
1. Launch Avidemux in your laptop. Click the “File” tab on the program menu and select “Open”.
2. You need to search for your Avidemux editing project in the file browser window. Select the item you want to rip and click “Open” to load the media into the application.
3. Then you need to choose a video codec and audio code for the video in the option box. Click on the box and select the codec from the drop-down menu.
4. In the Output Format section, click the pulldown menu to select the format you want the file to be. MP4 will play on most devices, and MKV is one of the preferred formats for PC use.
5. Click “Save” to encode the media. Avidemux displays a confirmation message when it successfully exports the MP4 file. You can access the video in its selected storage location.
Part 4: Rip DVD to MP4 for iPad through Format Factory
Format Factory is free multifunctional converter software that’s able to convert most video, audio, and image formats without much quality loss. However, you may not have noticed that Format Factory allows you to convert your DVD disc to digital video files for offline playback on different devices. Follow the simple steps below to get started for Format Factory DVD to MP4 or AVI.
Step 1. For Format Factory DVD to MP4, first of all, download and install the latest version of Format Factory from its website, if you have already installed the software, then proceed to the next step directly.
Step 2. Insert the DVD into the DVD drive and run Format Factory. To convert files with Format Factory, everything happens in a column on the left-hand side of the interface. This allows you to select the destination type (audio, video, image) and which codec you’d like to use.
Step 3. After the DVD is analyzed, the setup window will pop up. Now you will need to decide if you want to keep the subtitles included in the video (if it has subtitles) or not.
Step 4. Name the file where your video will be stored. Go to the Output File area and enter the title of your video. Also, select the output folder where you wish to store the file you’re creating.
Step 5. When you are done, click on the lower left corner of the software to set the output directory, and finally, click the Start button on the toolbar to start Format Factory DVD to MP4 process.
Part 5: Transfer DVD to iPad
The large, high-resolution screen makes iPad absolutely perfect for watching movies. In order to enjoy your DVD movies on your iPad anytime and anywhere, after you have converted DVD to iPad playable video files with Leawo DVD Ripper, now you need to transfer the converted DVD movie to your iPad with a powerful and useful tool, the Leawo iTransfer.
Leawo iTransfer will be helpful on transferring DVD to iPad. This software is used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and computers without the sync of iTunes, and it allows users to transfer various kinds of files easily. The following guidance will show you how to transfer DVD to iPad Pro, and you can free download the software to have a try.
Step 1. Run Leawo iTransfer and connect iPad to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Click the name of your iPad and choose Movies in the left sidebar. The contents will show up in the right part.
Step 3. Click the Add button at the upper left corner, and choose the converted MP4 video from your computer.
Leawo iTransfer will start transferring DVD to iPad easily. When the transfer finishes, you will get the video in your iPad Pro and have enjoyment. With the help of Leawo Blu-ray Ripper and iTransfer, you can transfer DVD to iPad with no efforts. If you this the programs are helpful, you can check them out.
In world, if you want to rip DVD to MP4 for iPad, or if you’re simply looking for a comprehensive software that converts just about any type of file, Leawo DVD Ripper is the ideal solution among the programs that we recommend above.