WhatsApp is one of the most popular social network apps. We take advantage of the app to share our thoughts with our friends or families. WhatsApp has become a part of our digital life. However, if you have some wrong operation, you may delete your WhatsApp chat history by accident. Under the circumstances, How can you recover WhatsApp chat history on iPhone? The post will give you two solutions.
Part 1. How to Recover WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud and are quite sure the lost data is included in the backups, you may be able to retrieve deleted WhatsApp chat history by restoring your iPhone from backup.
Method 1. Retrieve WhatsApp Chat History from iCloud Backup
To recover your chat history from an iCloud backup, first verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall the app from the App Store. After verifying your phone number, follow the on-screen prompts to restore your chat history. The same iCloud backup requirements apply for iCloud restore. In addition, the phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You cannot restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account. If you share an iCloud account, this will allow you to keep your backups separate.
Method 2. Retrieve WhatsApp Chat History from iTunes Backup
1. Open iTunes. First go to Edit > Settings > Devices to disable automatic syncing.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer. Wait for a while, right-click your iPhone in the devices list and click “Restore from Backup”.
3. Stay in the backup file contains WhatsApp messages, click “Restore”.
Part 2. How to Recover WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone Directly
If you have no previous backup on iTunes or iCloud, you can take advantage of the third-party iPhone data recovery software to retrieve WhatsApp chat history from iPhone directly. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is one of the most powerful iPhone data recovery tools to restore WhatsApp messages and WhatsApp attachments on iPhone. It enables you to retrieve WhatsApp chat history directly from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, even if you have no any iTunes/iCloud backup. You can download the trial version to have a try if you are interested.
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery on your computer, and you will see three recovery modes in the main interface. Choose “Recover from iOS Devices” and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The program will recognize and analyze your iPhone.
2. After the analysis of the iPhone, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to scan the contents in the tablet. It will list 12 categories in the left sidebar, and allow users to choose when the scan is finished. Choose “WhatsApp” and “WhatsApp Attachment” in the sidebar, and check the files you want to recover, then click the “Recover” button at the right bottom.
3. After clicking “Recover” button, you will see a pop-up dialog. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported WhatsApp messages. Then click “Go” to start recovering WhatsApp chat history from iPhone. You will get the recovered WhatsApp files in the target folder when the software finishes the recovery process.
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is helpful for various kinds of data recoveries of iOS devices, and it also helps to backup iPhone, iPhone and iPod touch files to computer. For example, you are able to backup iPhone contacts to computer with this program. If you are interested in this software, just free download it and have a try.