When you have too many duplicates in your iPhone, you may want to erase all the data and reset iPhone to factory settings. After resetting iPhone, you will get all the data swept from iPhone, and you can restore the files from your iPhone, iTunes backup or iCloud backup. And the postwill introduce you three methods to recover lost data from iPhone after restoring to factory settings. All of these three methods are supported by the iPhone Data Recovery. This software enables you to recover files from iTunes/iCloud backups or iOS devices, and you will be able to recover 12 kinds of files from iTunesiCloud backups which include the most important data on your iPhone. What’s more, you can preview the files before recover them to iPhone so that you won’t recover the duplicates to your device. Click the guidance below to know how to restore iPhone after factory reset with the iPhone data recovery.
Download the free trial version below to have a try if you are interested in the software.
Method 1. Directly Restore iPhone After Factory Reset by Scanning iPhone
1. Connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable, and then run Leawo iOS Data Recovery. The software will recognize your iPhone, click the “Start” button in the middle of the window, and the software will start to analyze your iPhone.
2. After analyzing your iPhone, this iPhone data recovery software will begin to scan your iPhone. The categories will show up in the left sidebar, and the names of them will turn white during the scan if any contents are in the categories. Choose a category and then the contents will display in the right part. Check the files you want to recover and then click the “Recover” button at the right bottom of the window.
3. The dialog will pop up. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a target folder to save the recovered files, and then click “Go” to start recovering files from iPhone. Check “Automatically open the output folder” to get access to the target folder immediately after the recovery.
Method 2. Scan iTunes Backup to Extract Data from iTunes Backup
2. The software will detect the backups on your computer and show them within the window. The names and creating dates of the backups will display, and the serial numbers of the iDevice will show up next to date of the backup. Select the one backup of your iPhone and click “Scan” at the right bottom of the window.
3. The software will start a deep scan of the backup. After the scan, the names of the categories in the left sidebar will turn white if any contents are in the category. Choose the category you want to recover and then the contents will show up in the right part of the window. Check the ones you want to recover and then click the “Recover” button at the right bottom of the window to restore iPhone after factory reset.
4. A dialog pops up for you to choose target folder. Click “Open” and choose a folder on your computer to save the recovered files. Then click “Go” to extract data from iTunes backup. You can check “Automatically open the output folder after finishing recovery” so that the target folder will pop up after the recovery process.
After the recovery, the files will show up in the target folder. You are able to use third party transfer software to transfer the files to your iPhone. Although using third party iPhone data recovery software is not as convenient as using iTunes, it enables users to preview and choose the contents they want to recover, and that will avoid troubles after the recovery.
Method 3. Extract Files from iCloud Backup to Recover Previous Data
3. The iPad data recovery software will scan the backup(s) in your iCloud and display one backup in the main interface. Double-click the backup or click “Download” at the right bottom to scan the iCloud backup. If you don’t want to scan the backup under this Apple ID, you can click “Log out” at the left bottom. After clicking the “Download” button, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to download the iCloud backup if you are using the iCloud backup for the first time. The time of the download depends on the size of the backup. You can click “Cancel” to stop downloading the backup.
4. When the software finishes downloading the iCloud backup, it will start to scan the contents in the backup. When the scan is done, you can choose a category in the left sidebar, and then check the files in the right part to extract. Then click “Recover” at the right bottom to move to next step.
5. A dialog pops up after the recover button is clicked. Hit “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported files, and then click “Go” to recover lost data from iPhone iCloud backup.
Related Tip: How to Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
Reset iPhone to factory settings is easy to be done with iTunes. You will only need three steps:
1. Plug iPhone into the computer with the USB cable. The iTunes on your computer will automatically launch. If not, double-click the icon to start it.
2. Click the name of your iPhone at the upper right corner of iTunes, and then the information of your iPhone will be shown. Click the “Restore iPhone” button in the window to start.
You will also be able to reset iPhone to factory settings within your iPhone. You just need to go to “Settings > General > Reset” and then choose the categories you want to reset and then apply it. If you choose “Reset All Contents and Settings”, then you will get all the files in your iPhone erased.