Both Chrome and Safari are popular web browsers on Mac OS and both browsers have their own merits. Some people would use both browsers to do different things. And if you are tired of using one of the two browsers mentioned above, you can try using another one. When you want to switch browsers, one important thing you need to do is to transfer the bookmarks you have in the original browser to the new one. For people who are not familiar with the bookmark transferring process, here’s how to import bookmarks from Chrome to Safari. To learn how to import bookmarks from Safari to Chrome, visit this page.
How to import bookmarks from Chrome to Safari
Step 1. Import Chrome bookmarks to Safari on Mac OS
First I’ll show you how to import Chrome bookmarks to Safari on Mac OS.
- 1. Open Chrome on your Mac.
- 2. Find the menu button on the top right-hand corner, click on it and select Bookmarks>Bookmark Manager.
- 3. In the Bookmark Manager page, click Organize, and then select Export Bookmarks to HTML File.
After exporting the bookmarks in Chrome to your computer, you’ll be able to import them to Safari.
Step 2. Import Chrome Bookmarks to Safari
- 1. Open Safari on your Mac.
- 2. On the menu bar, select File>Import From>Bookmarks HTML File and select the bookmarks HTML file you just exported from Chrome.
Note: As you can see, there’s an option for you to directly import Chrome bookmarks to Safari, you can use it to directly import Chrome bookmarks to Safari. But the Chrome bookmark HTML file can also be used by other devices.
How to import bookmarks from Chrome on Mac to Safari on iPhone
If you have bookmarks on Chrome that you need on your iPhone, you can choose to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Safari on your iPhone.
To import Chrome bookmarks to Safari on iPhone, the first step is the same as importing bookmarks from Chrome to Safari on Mac OS. You need to first export the Chrome bookmarks to your Mac in HTML format. Read the above instructions to learn how to export Chrome bookmarks first.
After exporting the Chrome bookmarks, you can start to transfer them to iPhone. To do this, you are going to need help from a third party program called Leawo iTransfer. It’s a data transfer program designed for iOS device users to transfer data between PCs and iOS devices.
Below are the instructions for transferring bookmarks to iPhone using Leawo iTransfer.
1. Open Leawo iTransfer and then plug your iPhone into your computer with a USB cable.
2. When the program detects your device, you can find it in the top right-hand corner. Click on your device to see more options. Click on Bookmarks and then click Import to import the Chrome bookmarks to your iPhone.
To import bookmarks from Safari to Chrome, there are a lot of means available. If you are switching from Chrome to Safari and don’t know how to import bookmarks from Safari to Chrome, this is the right place for you.