iPad mini is popular among students because of its high cost performance. The 7.9-inch tablet has same functions as iPad but provides handy size and pretty price, so it is good for the students to take notes or record voice memos in class.
Speaking of taking notes with iPad mini, the users may sometimes feel confused with that tablet. Sometimes the notes get lost with no reason, and they cannot be found anywhere on the iPad mini. In fact, the data loss doesn't only happen on iPad mini, but also happens on the other iOS devices. The reason of the data loss is yet to be discovered, it may be caused by the sync of iTunes or other software problem in your iPad mini. So every time you have added notes into your iPad mini, you ought to update the backup with your iTunes.
Once you create an iPad mini backup in iTunes, you are able to restore the device with this backup, and this restoring process may help you recover lost notes from iPad mini. iTunes makes the restoring process easy to be done, and the tutorial is as follows:
1. Plug iPad mini into computer via the USB cable, and iTunes will launch. If not, you should manually start it.
2. Click "File Device > Restore from Backup" at the upper left corner of iTunes window, then choose the iPad mini backup in the pop-up dialog. Click "Restore" at the right bottom of the dialog.
3. iTunes will make a confirmation again, and you should click "Restore" again, and then iTunes will start restoring your iPad mini.
The restoring process usually takes a while as the backup is always large in size. When the restoring process is done, you will get the lost notes back to your iPad mini.
You are also able to use iCloud to recover deleted notes on iPad mini. If you have enabled iCloud on your iPad mini, iCloud will automatically upload the data to the cloud service. Restoring iPad mini with iCloud is similar as iTunes, but you will need good Wi-Fi connection to restore it directly on your iPad mini.
Besides iTunes and iCloud, you can also take advantage of iPad data recovery software to recover deleted notes from iPad mini. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is used for recovering deleted files from iOS devices and iTunes backups, and it enables you to recover deleted notes from iPad mini directly. The following guidance will show you how to recover deleted notes from iPad mini, and you are allowed to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version will stop at the preview window.
How to Recover Deleted Notes from iPad mini
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery, and it will show you two recovery modes, one is "Recover from iOS Device", the other is "Recover from iTunes Backup". Choose "Recover from iOS Device" and connect your iPad mini to computer with the USB cable.
3. When the analysis is finished, the software will scan the contents in your iPad mini and show 12 categories in the left sidebar. When the scan is done, the names of the categories will turn white. Choose "Notes" and the contents will be shown in the right part of the window.
4. Check the notes you need to recover and click "Recover" at the right bottom of the window. You will see a pop-up dialog, and you need to click "Open" in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported notes. Then click "Go" to start recovering deleted notes from iPad mini.
When the recovery process is finished, you will get the exported notes in the target folder. The notes are saved as an HTML file, and can be viewed with the Internet browser on your computer. If you want to use the "Recover from iTunes Backup" mode of the software, you are able to recover 12 kinds of files from the backup, such as recovering contacts from iPhone and so on. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is helpful for all the users of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. If you are interested, don't be hesitated to check it out.