If you have an iPod, you may fall in love with listening to music or podcasts with your iPod. You probably have encountered the problem that when your iPhone is in the bedroom, but you are in the kitchen and want to call your friends while you are using your iPod. It is not convenient for you to run out of the kitchen to make phone calls. Can you make phone calls on an iPod? Here, I would like to recommend some solutions to fix this issue. Surely you need to transfer contacts from your iPhone to iPod for your convenience to make and answer calls, which will be illustrated in the last part. Let’s have a look.
Part 1: How to Make Phone Calls from iPod Touch Directly
If you have an iPhone and an iPod, when they are on the same Wi-Fi network and on the same Apple ID, then you can make calls on iPod. It's sort of weird to answer a phone call on the iPod Touch, but that's modern technology for you. It will be needless for you to ask “can an iPod make phone calls”. In this part, I will tell you how to use iPod as phone directly.
1. Launch the “Settings” app, and tap “iCloud”, and sign in to the same iCloud account both in your iPod and iPhone.
2. Back to the main interface of “Settings”. Choose “FaceTime” to click on. Enable “iPhone Cellular Calls” on your iPhone and enable “iPhone Mobile Calls” on your iPod. Confirm that you have signed into the FaceTime on your iPhone and iPod with the same iCloud account.
3. Click on “Wi-Fi” on the main interface of “Settings” and connect your iPhone and iPod to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Tap “Contacts” app on your iPod, and choose one contact number to tap on to make calls from iPod. (I will tell you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPod with Leawo iTransfer later.) You can also click a recent contact in the multitasking screen of your iPod to make phone calls from iPod Touch.
5. Launch the Phone app like screen on your iPod Touch, it will tell you that your iPod Touch is making calls by using iPhone.
Thus, you can easily answer and make phone calls with iPod Touch by following the above steps. Now, I will tell you two methods to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPod Touch to enable you to fix how to make phone calls from iPod Touch perfectly.
Thus, you can fix “can you make calls from an iPod Touch” easily with the above method. Have a try with the above steps in detail and you will fall in love with the amazing technology of Apple Company.
Part 2: How to Make Phone Calls from iPod with Apps like Skype
However, if your iPhone is in your company, and you want to make calls on iPod Touch, and the person you want to call is not an iOS user, then FaceTime won't work. Actually, you can download Skype for free and buy some Skype "credit" online. Then you can make free voice or video calls to other Skype users. This is probably the best choice to use iPod as phone when you can not use FaceTime. Let’s see the specific steps.
1. Go into the app store and search for Skype. Download it to your iPod.
2. Make an account with your name, a Skype name, password, and e-mail. Other people may have already taken your desired Skype name so you may have to try again. Then, add more info to your profile such as your location to make it easier for your friends to find you in the directory.
3. Add contacts through contact requests. Your friends can accept or decline requests to be contacts with you. You search people in Skype's directory and you can search based on name, Skype name, e-mail, and location.
4. Then you can make free calls between people on Skype only. Calling landlines, mobiles, or using other services requires you to purchase Skype credit.
This is probably the best choice to use iPod as phone when you can not use FaceTime, but you can also use other apps to turn your iPod Touch to phone. In the following part, I will introduce you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPod with Leawo iTransfer.
Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPod with Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is quite convenient to transfer up to 14 types of data between iOS devices, computers and iTunes. You can download and install this software to help you to transfer iPhone contacts to iPod Touch. First, you need to export contacts in your iPhone to computer. Next, you can import the exported contacts from computer to your iPod Touch. Let’s have a look.
More iPhone to iPod transfer, see How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone without iTunes.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1: Export iPhone Contacts to Computer
1. Plug iPhone into Computer
Lauch Leawo iTransfer on your computer and then connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Leawo iTransfer will detect your iPhone automatically.
2. Select and Export Contacts to PC
When the software recognizes your iPhone, tap the iPhone icon on the left of the interface, and head to “LIBRARY > Contacts”. Select contacts you need and tap “Export”. Then set the folder to store your contacts on computer and save the contacts as VCF file.
Step 2: Transfer Contacts from PC to iPod Touch
After you export contacts from iPhone to computer in VCF format, you can begin to transfer contacts from computer to iPod Touch.
1. Connect iPod Touch to PC
Run Leawo iTransfer and then Plug your iPod Touch to PC via a USB cable.
2. Select and Import Contacts to iPod Touch
When the program detects your iPod Touch, tap on the name of your iPod Touch and then tap “Contacts > Import” to select the VCF file you got from your iPhone. When the import process is over, open “Contacts” on your iPod Touch to see if the contacts have been imported to your iPod Touch.
Part 3 is the extension of Part 1 and Part 2. This part can help you solve “can an iPod make phone calls” perfectly and more efficiently. Leawo iTransfer is a powerful program, and you can also use it to transfer other files among iOS devices and computers.