How can I move videos from iPhone to my MacBook? When I connect my iPhone to MacBook, a window pops up and allows me to import the Camera Roll from iPhone to computer. But I still have other videos in my iPhone. Is it possible to move these videos to MacBook as well?
When the users are using iPhone to shoot videos, they will get the videos in Camera Roll. Users are able to transfer these videos from iPhone to Mac computers with ease. But users will also find the videos in the Photo Stream or Movies app, and they will find that they are not able to move those videos out of iPhone. Why? The reason is that the videos in the Photo Stream are synced with iCloud, and they are not actually saved in your iPhone; and the videos in the Movie App are synced by iTunes from your computer, and iTunes doesn’t allow users to transfer the media files back. If you are coming up with this problem, you should figure out what can be transferred back, and what cannot be at first.
If you have the movies purchased from iTunes Store, you are able to move these movies back to iTunes library. You only need to use the “Transfer Purchases” function of iTunes. However, iTunes will erase the non-purchased items during the sync. For example, if you have synced a video from your computer to iPhone, then this video will be erased. If you have too many videos occupying your iPhone storage and you want to transfer video from iPhone to Mac without the sync of iTunes, the post is right for you.
Part 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
What Is iPhoto for Mac?
iPhoto is a Mac built-in utility to transfer photos and photo videos(Videos you shoot with iPhone camera). It is designed to allow the importing of pictures from digital cameras, scanners, picture CDs and the Internet to a user’s iPhoto Library. Almost all digital cameras are recognized without additional software, as are many scanners. iPhoto supports most common image file formats.After photos are imported, they can be titled, labeled, sorted and organized into groups (known as “events”). Individual photos can be edited with basic image manipulation tools, such as a red-eye filter, contrast and brightness adjustments, cropping and resizing tools, and other basic functions. iPhoto does not, however, provide the comprehensive editing functionality of programs such as GIMP, Apple’s own Aperture, or Adobe’s Photoshop (not to be confused with Photoshop Elements or Album).
What You Need:
Now, let me show you how to transfer video from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto:
1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac via USB cable.
2. Run iPhoto on your Mac and find your iPhone in the left panel under DEVICES.
3. Choose to import selected or all photos and videos into iPhoto library.
4. Switch to the Last Import tab. Press Edit -> Select All and then press Edit -> Copy to copy all photos and videos you just imported from your iPhone.
5. Go to Finder, press Edit > Paste XX Items and paste the imported photos and videos to your Mac hard drive.
Part 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhone Transfer Software
What Is Leawo iTransfer for Mac?
You can take advantage of the third-party iPhone transfer for Mac. Among all the iPhone transfer software, Leawo iTransfer for Mac can be regarded as one the best. This software enables users to transfer apps, music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, ebooks, photos and Camera Roll without the sync of iTunes. The software also allows users to transfer files between iOS devices, for example, you are able to copy music from iPod to iPad with the help of Leawo iTransfer for Mac. The following guidance will show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac, and you are allowed to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version has limited transfer times.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
What You Need:
Now, let’s see how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac with Leawo iTransfer for Mac.
1. Start Leawo iTransfer and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The software will automatically detect the iPhone, and shows its libraries in the left sidebar. Choose the “Movie” library, and then the contents will be shown in the right part.
2. Click the transfer button at the right bottom to transfer all videos from iPhone to computer. Or hold “Ctrl” key and click to select certain videos, and then right-click the chosen videos to “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. After choosing videos, you will see a pop-up dialog. Check “Save to Folder” and click “Change” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the transferred files. Then click “Transfer Now” to begin to transfer video from iPhone to Mac.
4. During the video transfer, please don’t disconnect your iPhone. The progress bar in pop-up dialog will show the percentage of the transfer process. When the transfer is done, you will get the videos in the target folder.
Leawo iTransfer for Mac is useful for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users with Mac computers, and it can help users to get rid of the sync of iTunes. If you are interested in this software, don’t hesitate to check it out.