How can I move videos from iPhone to my MacBook? When I connect my iPhone to MacBook, a window pops up and allows me to import the Camera Roll from iPhone to computer. But I still have other videos in my iPhone. Is it possible to move these videos to MacBook as well?
When the users are using iPhone to shoot videos, they will get the videos in Camera Roll. Users are able to transfer these videos from iPhone to Mac computers with ease. But users will also find the videos in the Photo Stream or Movies app, and they will find that they are not able to move those videos out of iPhone. Why? The reason is that the videos in the Photo Stream are synced with iCloud, and they are not actually saved in your iPhone; and the videos in the Movie App are synced by iTunes from your computer, and iTunes doesn't allow users to transfer the media files back. If you are coming up with this problem, you should figure out what can be transferred back, and what cannot be at first.
If you have the movies purchased from iTunes Store, you are able to move these movies back to iTunes library. You only need to use the "Transfer Purchases" function of iTunes. However, iTunes will erase the non-purchased items during the sync. For example, if you have synced a video from your computer to iPhone, then this video will be erased. If you have too many videos occupying your iPhone storage and you want to transfer video from iPhone to Mac without the sync of iTunes, the post is right for you.
- Part 1: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
- Part 2: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhone Transfer Software
- Part 3: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
- Part 4: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac through iCloud
- Part 5: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with Google Photos
- Part 6: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac using E-mail
Part 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
What Is iPhoto for Mac?
iPhoto is a Mac built-in utility to transfer photos and photo videos(Videos you shoot with iPhone camera). It is designed to allow the importing of pictures from digital cameras, scanners, picture CDs and the Internet to a user's iPhoto Library. Almost all digital cameras are recognized without additional software, as are many scanners. iPhoto supports most common image file formats.After photos are imported, they can be titled, labeled, sorted and organized into groups (known as "events"). Individual photos can be edited with basic image manipulation tools, such as a red-eye filter, contrast and brightness adjustments, cropping and resizing tools, and other basic functions. iPhoto does not, however, provide the comprehensive editing functionality of programs such as GIMP, Apple's own Aperture, or Adobe's Photoshop (not to be confused with Photoshop Elements or Album).
What You Need:
Now, let me show you how to transfer video from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto:
1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac via USB cable.
2. Run iPhoto on your Mac and find your iPhone in the left panel under DEVICES.
3. Choose to import selected or all photos and videos into iPhoto library.
4. Switch to the Last Import tab. Press Edit -> Select All and then press Edit -> Copy to copy all photos and videos you just imported from your iPhone.
5. Go to Finder, press Edit > Paste XX Items and paste the imported photos and videos to your Mac hard drive.
Part 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with iPhone Transfer Software
What Is Leawo iTransfer for Mac?
You can take advantage of the third-party iPhone transfer for Mac. Among all the iPhone transfer software, Leawo iTransfer for Mac can be regarded as one the best. This software enables users to transfer apps, music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, ebooks, photos and Camera Roll without the sync of iTunes. The software also allows users to transfer files between iOS devices, for example, you are able to copy music from iPod to iPad with the help of Leawo iTransfer for Mac. The following guidance will show you how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac, and you are allowed to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version has limited transfer times.
☉ copy up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XS, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
What You Need:
Now, let's see how to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac with Leawo iTransfer for Mac.
1. Start Leawo iTransfer and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The software will automatically detect the iPhone, and shows its libraries in the left sidebar. Choose the "Movie" library, and then the contents will be shown in the right part.
2. Click the transfer button at the right bottom to transfer all videos from iPhone to computer. Or hold "Ctrl" key and click to select certain videos, and then right-click the chosen videos to "Transfer to > My Computer".
3. After choosing videos, you will see a pop-up dialog. Check "Save to Folder" and click "Change" in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the transferred files. Then click "Transfer Now" to begin to transfer video from iPhone to Mac.
4. During the video transfer, please don't disconnect your iPhone. The progress bar in pop-up dialog will show the percentage of the transfer process. When the transfer is done, you will get the videos in the target folder.
Leawo iTransfer for Mac is useful for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users with Mac computers, and it can help users to get rid of the sync of iTunes. If you are interested in this software, don't hesitate to check it out.
Part 3: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
As for solving the issue of how to import iPhone videos to Mac, AirDrop can also be helpful. You need to make sure your Mac computer has the function of AirDrop. The following contents will show you how to make it.
1. On your iPhone, swipe upwards to choose the AirDrop feature to click on to enable it.
2. On your Mac computer, you need to choose “Finder> Go” to enter the interface of AirDrop. You can choose to be seen by “Everyone”, or “only those in your Contacts”. You’d better choose to be seen by everyone in this case.
3. Afterwards, your iPhone device will show in the interface of AirDrop on Mac. Your Mac icon will show on iPhone AirDrop window as well.
4. Thus, you can drag and drop your iPhone videos onto the Mac icon in the AirDrop interface. Hit on the option of “Accept” on your Mac computer to obtain the files.
Part 4: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac through iCloud
Every portable Apple device has the built-in function of iCloud, which benefits the data sync between devices very much. Now let’s begin to have a look at how to use iCloud to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac.
1. On your iPhone, you need to navigate to Settings app and then click on “Apple ID > iCloud” to turn on the feature of “Photos”.
2. On Mac, you need to open a web browser and sign into iCloud.com with your own Apple ID and password that you are using on iPhone.
3. In the interface, you need to click on “Photos” to check all photos in iCloud. From the left sidebar, select a category and then choose the pictures by holding the key of “Command”. Finally, you can click on the download button with a downward arrow to get the iPhone photos off iCloud to Mac folder.
Part 5: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac with Google Photos
Google Photos is also a handy tool when you desire to transfer iPhone videos to Mac. First, you need to upload iPhone photos to Google Photos app and then save them on Mac via the official website. If you would like to learn this method in detail, the steps shown below will direct you to know it clearly.
1. On your iPhone, you need to run Google Photos app from home screen.
2. You can click on the tab of “Assistant” at the bottom left corner of the interface to back up your entire library. If not, you can turn off the option of “Back Up & Sync”.
3. You can also choose the iPhone videos that you desire to upload by clicking on the “Photos” tab. Afterwards, hit on the ellipses at the upper right corner of the screen and then choose “Back up” in the resulting menu.
4. On your Mac, you can go to photos.google.com and then click on the option of “Photos” in the left-hand menu to find the iPhone videos you have just uploaded. Finally, you can download them to Mac.
Part 6: Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac using E-mail
Email is always used as one traditional tool to contact with others, which is also a great way to realize the goal to transfer videos from iPhone to Mac. Follow the instructions shown below and you will know how to make it come true.
1. On your iPhone, you need to hit on the video files that you would like to transfer to Mac from iPhone. In the bottom of the interface, click on the share button. You may see several ways to share the video files. At that time, you need to choose “Mail” option from the list.
2. A new email window will show up with the video files attached along with it. You need to enter the email address and then click on the “Send” button. Make sure the email address is also yours.
3. On your Mac computer, you can open a web browser to receive the new email and then download the videos from the email attachment straight to a location on Mac.
All the solutions listed above can assist you to transfer iPhone videos to Mac. However, Leawo iTransfer is the most powerful and accurate software for you to make use of. Have a try with this gorgeous tool and you will know how helpful it is.