Literally, for getting better experience or just for being all the rage, iPhone users to be expected of trading up to newly-released iPhone models. If you prefer to change your iPhone to the latest one, you may sell the old one or give it away to someone else, when you ought to wipe it clean and erase it entirely, including your photos, messages, and files. You may not be an expertise in how to erase iPhone. Here come some useful solutions in this article. It only takes a few steps and a few minutes once you get the right way.
Part 1: What to Do Before Erasing iPhone?
At the very beginning, make sure you have an up-to-date backup of your iPhone. Usually, iPhone users will back up iPhone to iCloud, but some may prefer to back up iPhone to the computer as well to keep away from losing iPhone data. Leawo iTransfer is consequently designed to make a help in this occasion. As a powerful transfer program for iPhone, iPod and iPad, Leawo iTransfer transfers 12 kinds of files, like photos, music, videos, SMS, contacts, and so on between iOS devices, iTunes and PCs. Moreover, it can back up iPhone, iPad and iPod (touch) files to computer as well. With advanced scanning and transferring technology, it can back up your iPhone data quickly and reliably. Follow the simple steps below to get your iPhone backed up.
Step 1. Install Leawo iTransfer
Download Leawo iTransfer free from the official website, and then install it on your computer in seconds.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2. Connect iPhone to computer and launch the program
Connect your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable and then run the program. Your iPhone will be automatically recognized and detected. Click the name of your iPhone and choose a library you want to back up in the left sidebar.
Step 3. Choose files to back up
Hold Ctrl/Shift key to select certain files you want to back up. Right-click the selected files and then choose “Transfer to” > “My Computer”. Or you can directly select all files and click the transfer button at the right bottom.
Step 4. Choose target folder to save files
Check “Save to Folder” on the popup dialog and then click “Change” to select a target folder on your computer to save the files for backup. Click “Transfer Now” to start backing up your iPhone files to the computer.
Part 2: How to Erase iPhone from iPhone Itself?
As a matter of fact, erasing iPhone process can be completed by using its settings feature. When you have backed up your iPhone, you can erase iPhone from the phone itself simply with ease. To make it, follow the simple steps below.
- Launch the “Settings” app. Then tap on “General” > “Reset”.
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Tap on “Erase Now”. Then you are required to enter your passcode now.
- Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Activate Lock and remove the device from Find my iPhone.
Part 3: How to Erase iPhone Using iTunes?
Except for erasing your iPhone from the phone settings, you can erase your iPhone without any hassle through an iTunes account in only a few clicks. Read on to figure out how to erase iPhone with iTunes.
- Go to “Settings” and tap your iCloud ID banner at the top of the screen. Then tap on “Find My iPhone” >switch it to “Off” > Enter your Apple ID password >tap on “Turn Off”.
- Connect your iPhone to computer with the USB cable that comes with the iPhone. The iTunes will be launched automatically. If not, open iTunes on your computer manually.
- Select your iPhone icon on the in the iTunes interface “Devices” category, then click on “Summary” and “Restore iPhone…”
- Just click the “Restore” option again when a pop-up window appears to ask you whether you want to erase iPhone all data and content.
Remember that the method needs an Apple ID or password. If you have lost your Apple ID or password, some of you may be trapped in the issue of how to erase iPhone without Apple ID or password. In this case, you should make use of iPhone recovery mode to make it. Follow the steps below on how to erase iPhone without password using iTunes.
Step 1: Launch the latest iTunes on your computer.
Step 2: Make sure that your iPhone isn’t connected to your computer.
Step 3: Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. (You can read more on how to put iPhone into recovery mode.)
Step 4: Locate your iPhone and click the Restore iPhone option, iTunes will download the latest iOS software for your iPhone. Then iPhone will be erased and you can follow the instructions to set up your iPhone as new.
Part 4: How to Erase iPhone Remotely Using iCloud?
If you’ve lost your iPhone, you need to erase your data so as to prevent others from accessing your personal information. Thanks to a built-in remote erase feature of your iPhone, you can also erase iPhone remotely using iCloud. Here comes the guide on how to erase your iPhone remotely.
- Go to iCloud.com, enter your Apple ID and Password to log in.
- Click on “Find iPhone”, click All Devices and select the iPhone you want to erase.
- Click on “Erase iPhone” button from the top-right toolbox.
- After entering your Apple ID and password, you should choose the Erase option again to put your iPhone into remote erase mode.
If your iPhone is lost and you are asked to enter a phone number or message, you may want to indicate that the iPhone is lost or how to contact you. The number and message appear on the device’s locked screen. If your iPhone is online, the erase process will start instantly. If your device is offline, the erase process will begin the next time when it is connected to a cellular network, or a Wi-Fi network.
Part 5: How to Restore iPhone Data Erased Accidentally?
If you’ve erased your iPhone data accidentally, you can never be upset since there is an all-inclusive data recovery program for your iPhone — Leawo iOS Data Recovery, to help you out. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a powerful and user-friendly data recovery software app for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices. Acting as iPhone data recovery software, it could efficiently recover the deleted or lost data for all models. There are up to 14 types of data on your iPhone that may be accidentally erased, and any of them can be easily recovered using this program. You can find your way here to restore iPhone in simple steps.
Step 1. Install Leawo iOS Data Recovery
Go to the official site and download the installation package of Leawo iOS Data Recovery. Install the program on your computer in minutes.
- Recover lost or deleted data from iOS devices, iTunes backup and iCloud backup
- Retrieve files from iTunes and iCloud backup even for lost or broken iOS devices
- Restore 12 types of data, including photos, videos, SMS & MMS messages, contacts, call history, notes, calendar, etc.
- Fully support all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models
- 100% safe, accurate and speedy recovery
- User-friendly interface and simple operations
Step 2. Launch the program
Run the program to choose “Recover from iTunes backup”. It also offers you another two modes: “Recover from iOS device” and “Recover from iCloud backup”. You can choose any mode you need.
Step 3. Choose the backup of your iPhone
After choosing the iTunes backup mode, it will list all backups of different iOS devices you’ve backed up using iTunes. You can now go back to the main interface by clicking “Home”, and then select the backup you want and click “Scan” button to scan the backup.
If you can’t find the backup of the iPhone you’ve erased, it’s probably because you haven’t made the backup on this computer yet.
Step 4. Choose files you want to recover
After it finishes the scanning process, all 14 types of recoverable data of the iPhone will be listed on the left column. You can check out every single file of all types and choose files you want to recover. You can check “Only display the deleted items” option to show the deleted data only, which may help you quickly select the data you want to recover.
Step 5. Start recovering data
When you have chosen all files you want to recover, hit the “Recover” button to open a pop-up dialog where you can choose a destination folder to save the recovered files.
To make a conclusion, there are several methods that are working for erasing iPhone. No matter why you need to get your iPhone erased, whether you have forgotten Apple ID or password or not, even if your iPhone is lost somewhere, you can find your way here to easily erase your iPhone. If you erase your iPhone unexpectedly and lost some important data, the powerful data recovery software will simply recover iPhone erased data easily. The most important thing you should notice is to make sure that you back up your iPhone.