"Can PowerPoint 2007 convert to video? I would like to share a PowerPoint 2007 presentation on YouTube. I've searched a lot and asked my friends on how to convet PowerPoint 2007 to video. But none of them works. Please help." - by Jeffery on Microsoft Community.
We've all known that Microsoft Office 2010 and later versions enable people to save PowerPoint to video in WMV/MP4 format. It only takes you a few simple mouse clicks for you to convert PowerPoint to video within PowerPoint 2010. It offers great convenience for people to upload PowerPoint presentations to YouTube for sharing, send PowerPoint to friends, play PowerPoint on mobile devices, etc.
But do you know solutions to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video? Microsoft hasn't preset the "Create a video" option in PowerPoint 2007 yet. This means that if your computer installs PowerPoint 2007, you could not directly export PowerPoint 2007 to video files for sharing, burning, sending, playing, etc.
Don't worry. This guide would offer you 4 methods to convert PowerPoint presentation to video files.
Part 1: Convert PowerPoint 2007 to Video within PowerPoint 2010
If you use PowerPoint a lot, you're suggested update to Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and subscribe the Office 365 service provided by Microsoft. The PowerPoint 2010 will be downward compatibile with your PowerPoint 2007 presentations. By enabling its "Edit" function, you could edit PowerPoint 2007 presentations and then convert PowerPoint 2007 to video free. The PowerPoint 2010 app on your desktop could be considered as a PowerPoint 2007 to video converter freeware.
- After you update your Microsoft Office suite to 2010 or later, open your PowerPoint 2007 presentation. Enable the "Edit" option after launching.
- Move mouse to the "File" menu option on the top-left corner and then click it.
- Select "Export" option on the drop-down menu.
- On the popup panel, you will see a "Create a Video" option. Click it. Then 2 drop-down options appear.
- In the first drop-down box, select output video quality: Computer & HD Displays, Internet & DVD, and Portable Devices.
- In the 2nd pane, set Recorded Timings and Narrations if you need (optonal).
- In "seconds to spend on each slide" box, set the time duration. And then click the "Create Video" button.
- On the popup "Save As" interface, set output directory and file name, choose WMV or MP4 in the "Save as Type", and finally click the "Save" button to start to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video free within PowerPoint 2010.
While Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and its later versions allow you to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video free, the disadvantages are quite obvious: you can only convert PowerPoint 2007 to video in either MP4 or WMV format, and not all elements in source PowerPoint 2007 presentations would be retained, like narrations, etc.
Part 2: Export PowerPoint 2007 to Video with Windows Movie Maker
Microsoft also provides another way to help you convert PowerPoint 2007 to video. That's Windows Movie Maker, though it's a little bit more complicated than that of PowerPoint 2010. Within PowerPoint 2007, you could save your slides into single images in JPG, GIF, PNG or other picture formats. Therefore, you could make use of Windows Movie Maker to create video off images exported from PowerPoint 2007 presentations.
The below steps show you how to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video with the help of Windows Movie Maker:
- Save the presentation as a PowerPoint presentation file, just as you normally would. This will ensure that your presentation is always editable.
- Navigate to the slide that you wish to save as a picture.
- Click "Office icon > Save As".
- Add a file name in the File name.
- From the Save as type: drop down list, choose the picture format for this picture..
- Click the Save button.
- Now you can import your image and audio files into Windows Movie Maker to create a video.
- Open Windows Movie Maker. Import the slides that you saved as jpg files by pressing on Pictures and browsing for the files.
- Edit the loaded images within Windows Movie Maker with multiple inside editing features, like adding audio, changing image effect, set transition effect, add titles and credits, etc.
- Save edited PowerPoint 2007 slides to video within Windows Movie Maker.
Compared to the method within PowerPoint 2010, Windows Movie Make also lets you convert PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video free. But it would cost you more time and energy. And the output video format is also limited to Windows Movie Maker supported formats.
Part 3: Convert PowerPoint 2007 to Video Online
You could also choose online PowerPoint 2007 to video converter apps to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video free. ZAMZAR is without doubt a wonderful online PowerPoint 2007 to video converter freeware to help you convert PPT 2007 to video online. It enables you to convert PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video in different video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, etc. for multiple purposes.
- Open the online PowerPoint 2007 to video converter freeware site link given above. Or, you could directly search ZAMZAR on Google.
- In the "Step 1" box, click the "Browse" option to browse and upload local PowerPoint 2007 presentation.
- In the "Step 2" option, select desired output format. (ZAMZAR only supports converting PPT to SWF video. You may try some other online PPT to video converters to convert PPT 2007 to video in other formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, etc.)
- Enter your email address to receive converted files in the "Step 3" box.
- Click the "Convert" button in the "Step 4" box.
- This online PowerPoint to video converter freeware would start converting PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video. Once the conversion is finished, you will receive a link in your email for downloading the converted file.
Different online PowerPoint to video converter apps support different video formats output. Therefore, selecting a wonderful online PowerPoint to video converter would be of great importance. Meanwhile, you need to make sure you have good Internet connection to ensure smooth uploading, converting, downloading.
Part 4: Convert PowerPoint 2007 to Video with PowerPoint to Video Converter
No matter which app you use to convert PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Windows Movie Maker or online PPT to video converter freeware, you get quite limited output format options. Meanwhile, there is element loss in output video file. All these fallbacks can be fixed by Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro, a professional 3rd-party PowerPoint to video converter app to help you convert and save PowerPoint presentations to video in different formats without any loss.
As the best PowerPoint to video converter software, Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro could convert and save PowerPoint 2007 as video in 180+ formats like FLV, MOV, MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, etc. Meanwhile, you don't need to subscribe Office 365 or spend extra time on Windows Movia Maker. You could even convert PowerPoint 2007 to video without Internet connection.
PowerPoint to Video Pro
☉ Support PowerPoint 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013.
☉ Support all PPT formats: PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPS, PPSX, POT, POTX, POTM.
☉ Adjust video and audio parameters of output files for multiple devices and players.
☉ Customize PowerPoint files like: insert background music/watermark, set transition, real-time narration.
Why Choose Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro:
The below steps would show you how to convert PowerPoint 2007 to video with the help of Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro:
- Get source PowerPoint files ready, and install Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro on your computer.
- Launch Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro.
- Click the "Add" button to browse and add your PowerPoint presentations into this PowerPoint video converter. You could add multiple PPT files.
- After loading, click the "Output" box to set an output directory.
- Then, click the "Profile" drop-down box to set output format. You could select from "Common Video" group, or determine an output format from preset devices.
- Click the "Settings" button to adjust video and audio parameters of output PowerPoint video, including: video codec, bit rate, video size, aspect ratio, frame rate, audio codec, channel, etc. (Optional. Recommended for advanced users.)
- Click the "Customize" button to set transition time, add background music, adjust audio effect, change aspect ratio, apply watermark, etc. You could add your own signature here.(Optional)
- Finally, click the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start creating video from PowerPoint files within Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro.