Hi there, I just purchased a ringtone from iTunes in my iPad. But I can't find them in my iPhone. It is not under "Tone" section, nor the 'Purchased' section. The question is - when I buy music from iTunes in iPad, it will be automatically synced to my iPhone, why it's not the same with ringtones? I would like to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone, but have no idea. Can anyone please help? Thank you so much.
Many iOS device users would come across such kind of questions. Actually, it is very easy to move ringtone from iPad to iPhone. If you purchase ringtones from iTunes Store in iPad, generally, the purchases will automatically appear on your iPhone when you sign in the same Apple ID as iPad's. If it fails to work, or you would like to share ringtone from iPad to your friend's iPhone, then you can refer to the following content to learn 4 ways to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone.
Part 1: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone with iTunes?
When it comes to transfer iOS data, iTunes is always the first choice for Apple users. In addition to an iOS transfer tool, iTunes is also a media player and a streaming media provider. Generally speaking, iTunes only allows you to transfer purchases between two devices. It means that if you have some ringtones downloaded from other websites, you can't directly move ringtone from iPad to iPhone. What's more, after the release of iTunes 12.7, the function of managing and syncing ringtone has been removed forever. If you still want to use iTunes to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone, make sure you have downloaded the correct version of iTunes. You can choose a version to download in iTunes Downloads - Apple Support
- Launch iTunes, click Edit option in the top menu bar, and click Preferences > Devices > Prevent iPods, iPhones, iPads, from syncing automatically.
- Connect your iPad to computer with a USB cable. Then, click File option in the top menu bar, and click Device > Transfer Purchases from iPad in the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply in the bottom-right corner, and disconnect your iPad with computer after the transfer process is complete.
- Connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Then, in the left sidebar, click Tones library under Settings section.
- Check the box next to Sync Tones and click Apply button in the bottom-right corner to move ringtone from iPad to iPhone.
In this way, all purchased ringtones from iPad tablet would be synced to iPhone with the help of iTunes. If you still have other ringtones on iPad you've got from other sources, you need to turn to the below content.
Part 2: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone Without iTunes?
If you want to transfer custom ringtones from iPad to iPhone, iTunes is not up to the task. In such case, you need to seek help from third-party iOS transfer software. Among many, Leawo iTransfer is the most top-rated. It is professional in transferring, backing up and managing up to 12 kinds of files between iOS devices, computer and iTunes, such as photos, videos, ringtones, SMS, and more. Below we will introduce how to use this powerful iPad to iPhone ringtone transfer software to move ringtone from iPad to iPhone quickly and easily.
Step 1: Download Leawo iTransfer
Download and install Leawo iTransfer on your computer. Then, follow the below steps to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2: Connect your iPad to computer
Launch the software after installation, and connect your iPad to computer. It will automatically recognize your iPad instantly.
Step 3: Choose ringtones in iPad to transfer
In the left sidebar, click the Ringtone tab. Then, in the right panel where you can see all ringtones in your iPad, check the box in the front of the ringtone you want to transfer. After selection, right-click on the ringtones to choose Transfer to > Computer option. In the pop-up window, set output directory and click Transfer Now button to move ringtone from iPad to computer.
Step 4: Connect your iPhone to computer
Disconnect your iPad with computer and connect your iPhone to computer instead.
Step 5: Start to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone
In the left sidebar, click the Ringtone tab. Then, click the Add button in the top-middle menu, and you can move ringtones from the directory you set just now to iPhone.
Part 3: How to Move Ringtone from iPad to iPhone via AirDrop?
AirDrop is a feature within iOS, iPadOS and macOS that enables Apple users to wirelessly transfer files like documents, videos, photos, ringtones, etc. with nearby Apple devices. If you don't have a computer, you may as well try to AirDrop ringtone from iPad to iPhone.
- Place your iPhone and iPad close. Then, in both devices, enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Tap the section that includes Airplane mode, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. In the expand window, long-press the AirDrop icon, where you can set the range of AirDrop sending and receiving.
- Go to the Music app on your iPad, tap the three-dot icon of a song you want to transfer, click Share icon in the pop-up window, and tap the target iPhone as receiver.
- On the iPhone receiving ringtone, tap Accept option to start moving ringtone from iPad to iPhone.