Nowadays, you can be freely accessible to all kinds of digital videos in various formats. Especially if you are a movie enthusiast in your spare time, you must have collected a large number of movie file downloaded from the Internet or shared by others. With years past, your computer’s capacity might be filled by such abundant digital files whose running speed has been impacted to a large extent. In such a case, you may come to Blu-ray disc for further assistance which has a large capacity to store digital data. Besides, with the widespread of Blu-ray players, playing the Blu-ray discs can be much convenient if movies in a large digital size to be played. Anyway, then it is the stage for the Blu-ray. If you are interested in such a topic, please keep reading.
Part 1: Why to Burn a Blu-ray Disc
In comparison with the common DVD disc, Blu-ray disc outweighs in mainly two parts: larger capacity and higher resolution of the movies. Aside from the two aspects, Blu-ray disc may be much more persistent in fingerprints or from being damaged due to the surface coating technology applied. Concerning our daily life, the reasons to burn a Blu-ray disc may fall to the following categories.
1. Release more space. Once you have downloaded a large pile of movies or other digital videos on your computer, the usable space will be limited. If you can use the Blu-ray disc as a data backup for these movies, it will be possible to release the memory on your computer quickly. A dual-layer Blu-ray disc can hold 46GB or 54GB, enough to burn an eight-hour high-definition video.
2. Convenient for sharing. Sometimes if you would like to share some movies to your friends over the Internet, you may be puzzled by the slow transferring speed and the constant buffering. In such a case, these videos can be burned to a blank Blu-ray disc, then it will be much more convenient to send it to others directly.
3. Easy for storage. Compared to DVD disc, the Blu-ray disc can be easily kept under the same condition. The Blu-ray disc is much more persistent and not to be damaged by the constant use.
Part 2: What Do I Need to Burn a Blu-ray Disc
In order to successfully burn a digital video to a Blu-ray disc, you have to make sure everything has been prepared without pulling your hair out. Sometimes, your computer computer fails to play Blu-ray disc, the reasons may go to the burning process. Well, what do I need to burn a Blu-ray disc? How to In order to avoid the mistakes that may happen during the burning process, you must take the following factors into consideration before burning videos to Blu-ray disc.
1. Blu-ray disc drive. In order to burn the video to a Blu-ray disc on your computer, you must make sure the computer has a Blu-ray drive, both internal and external Blu-ray drive is OK.
2. Blu-ray burning program. You may fail to burn video to a Blu-ray disc without the help from the additional Blu-ray burning program. A powerful burning program can make the burning process much simpler and more accurate.
3. Appropriate Blu-ray disc type. Before burning the video to a Blu-ray disc, you had better select a proper disc type for your own purpose. There are many types of Blu-ray disc types, for example, BD-R is a write-once Blu-ray disc while the BD-RE is a rewritable Blu-ray disc. Make the differences between them.
4. Organize the data files. One of the important tips for the problem about what you need to burn Blu-ray discs should be the organization of the data file, especially if you are burning a data disc. You had better keep these video files in a folder, which will be easier for you to load the targeted files.
Part 3: How to Copy Blu-ray to DVD Using Leawo Blu-ray Copy
Now let’s talk about one of the most important factors on the list of what do I need to burn a Blu-ray disc. That is the Blu-ray drive. As the most necessary hardware to burn a Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray drive is the key factor to influence the whole burning process. If your computer doesn’t have a Blu-ray drive, then you can choose from the following recommended drives.
No. 1 Pioneer BD-RW (BDR-2209) Internal Burner
The first Blu-ray drive I will recommend is a piece of internal burner — Pioneer BD-RW (BDR-2209) Internal Burner. Using a 5.25-inch SATA cable to connect to the computer to work perfectly, Pioneer BD-RW (BDR-2209) Internal Burner can allow you to enjoy faster-burning speed and store a large amount of digital data onto it. With it, you can easily burn the videos to Blu-ray with several steps with 16X higher burning speed. Furthermore, you can edit the video according to your own preferences. You will enjoy the up to 16X writing speed on BD-R media and 14X writing speed on dual layer BD-R media. With it, you can watch 3D movies and QuickPlay technology.
No. 2 Samsung SE-506CB Black USB 2.0 External 3D Blu-ray Writer
For some personal computers, it is not equipped with the internal Blu-ray drive, in such a case you can turn to the external drive. Then, you should not miss Samsung SE-506CB Black USB 2.0 External 3D Blu-ray Writer. This Blu-ray drive is quite slim from its outside appearance which is quite convenient to keep and carry. With sleek and portable features, this burner can allow you to read and write all kinds of Blu-ray and DVDs with support for Blu-ray 3D effects. With such a Blu-ray drive, you can be allowed to burn 1080P videos to disc with the crystal-clear and super sharp images supported. Furthermore, the 3D in Full HD features with vivid three-dimensional pictures can allow you to obtain better viewing experience.
No. 3 Pawtec Luxury Slim External USB 3.0 (PAW-BLUGRY)
Next, it is another external Blu-ray drive for your PC. Pawtec Luxury Slim External USB 3.0 (PAW-BLUGRY) is free of complicated setup process which can be able to be used immediately without settings. This is quite perfect for beginner users. The luxurious gray aluminum exterior makes you stand out from the crowd. This Blu-ray drive is able to read and write Blu-ray discs with 6X higher speed which also supports 3D Blu-ray burning. The plug-and-play design makes it quite simple to use. Equipped with USB3.0 cable, Pawtec Luxury Slim External USB 3.0 can allow you to connect the burner to your computer directly without any additional software.
Part 4: How to Select a Good MKV to Blu-ray Burner
When the Blu-ray drive has been prepared, now it is time to choose a great Blu-ray burning program so as to burn the video to the Blu-ray disc with the best performance. Among various Blu-ray burning software, I will recommend the following burning programs for you.
No.1 Leawo Blu-ray Creator
As a professional and comprehensive Blu-ray burning program, Leawo Blu-ray Creator can burn videos and photos in 180+ formats to Blu-ray/DVD movies with 40+ DVD menus templates in ease for both Windows and Mac users! You can easily burn videos in various formats like RMVB, MKV, MP4, WMV, Xvid, MOV, and FLV to Blu-ray with the original quality retained. To present a personal Blu-ray disc, you can choose from the 40 types of disc templates that Leawo Blu-ray Creator offers and also you can set your own preferred Blu-ray parameters in 360° angle. It also allows you to burn ISO files to a blank disc and convert videos to Blu-ray folder as well as supporting in different types of Blu-ray discs, such as BD50 1080P, BD50 720P, BD25 1080P etc. Also, you can edit the video before burning, such as adding watermark to the DVD/Blu-ray or 3D effects.
Leawo Blu-ray Creator
– Burn videos to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file simultaneously.
– Create photo slideshows from various photos and burn to DVD/Blu-ray disc easily.
– One click operation to burn ISO image file to Blu-ray/DVD disc.
– Edit output videos to add image or text watermark, trim video size, adjust effect, etc.
– Create 3D Blu-ray/DVD movies with 6 different 3D effects.
No. 2 Ashampoo Burning Studio
That comes next is Ashampoo Burning Studio which was designed by a German company Ashampoo. It can’t only rip movies to Blu-ray discs from the prepared folder, but also can burn audio CDs and data discs as well. You can quickly obtain the burning steps once you open the program due to its simple interface and clear step-by-step instructions. This burning program will require you to register you’re your private email address. If not, you will not be able to obtain a license.
No. 3 Express Burn Disc Burning Software
If you have additional requirements in the burning functions, for example, in burning dual-layer Blu-ray disc, then Express Burn Disc Burning Software can be a good choice. The burning process is as same as the other burning programs. Users can simply burn all kinds of input resources to Blu-ray disc seamlessly, including MPEG, VOB, FLV, AVI and all DirectShow supported video formats. You can enjoy a very fast burning speed with Express Burn Disc Burning Software. But, the main disadvantages of this burner lie it its higher price and that it doesn’t have a preview function.
Part 5: Conclusion
As one of the most popular trend nowadays, Blu-ray has been widely used in various aspects. Knowing the detailed steps to burn the videos to Blu-ray disc will not only release more space on computer for you but also can allow you to play the video on the Blu-ray player in a public place or in a family gathering. Make sure you have prepared the data files, Blu-ray drive, Blu-ray burning software and correct Blu-ray disc, then you can easily burn the video to the Blu-ray disc with several steps.