iPhone 7/7 Plus is now available for purchasing, . If you are big Apple fans, you may be wondering about switching from your iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone 7 Plus. And you may want to factory reset your iPhone 6 Plus in case you are selling it or sending it to others. In both cases, you want to make sure that all your personal data, apps, photos, music, emails, etc are removed from the device. This can be achieved by Resetting your iPhone 6 Plus to its Factory Default Settings. And the post will show you how to restore iPhone 6 Plus to factory settings.
Part 1. How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 Plus with iTunes
iTunes enables you to restore iPhone 6 Plus to factory settings. Before you start restoring iPhone to factory settings, please note that you need to install the latest version of iTunes on your PC or MAC. Then go to Settings > iCloud to turn off Find My iPhone. Now, you can factory reset your iPhone 6 Plus with iTunes as follows.
1. Plug iPhone 6 Plus into the computer with the USB cable. The iTunes on your computer will automatically launch. If not, double-click the icon to start it.
2. Click the name of your iPhone 6 Plus at the upper right corner of iTunes, and then the information of your iPhone 6 Plus will be shown. Click the "Restore iPhone" button in the window to start.
3. iTunes will ask whether you want to back up iPhone 6 Plus before restoring. You’d better choose "Yes" for the reset will erase the contents in your iPhone 6 Plus. Then iTunes will start restoring your iPhone 6 Plus to factory settings.
3. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your iPhone 6 Plus and installs the latest iOS software. After you restore your iPhone 6 Plus to factory settings, it will restart. Now you can set it up as new.
Part 2. Restore iPhone 6 Plus to Factory Settings without iTunes
You will also be able to reset iPhone to factory settings within your iPhone. You just need to go to "Settings > General > Reset" and then choose the categories you want to reset and then apply it. If you choose "Reset All Contents and Settings", then you will get all the files in your iPhone erased.
Once you tap on "Erase All Content and Settings", you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Next, you will see a Popup Message informing you that All media, data and settings will be erased from your iPhone. Click on Erase iPhone to factory reset iPhone 6 Plus.
Part 3. Restore iPhone 6 Plus to Factory Settings without Apple ID
But if you have no Apple ID or passcode, you will have to factory reset iPhone 6 Plus without Apple ID. To factory reset iPhone without Apple ID, you need first put iPhone 6 Plus into DFU mode and connect it to your iTunes. Your iTunes will help you to reset your iPhone 6 Plus without entering Apple ID easily. Restoring iPhone 6 Plus to factory settings with this method will result in wiping all the data in your iPhone. The following steps will show you how to do that.
1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone 6 Plus to the computer with a USB cable.
2. After that, turn off you device. Press and hold the Home button for 3 seconds.
3. Put your iPhone 6 Plus into DFU mode: Press and hold the Power and Home button for 10 seconds. Then release the power button and keep holding the home button. When you see the Apple logo disappears, you have successfully put your iPhone 6 Plus into DFU mode.
After factory reseting iPhone 6 Plus, you will get all the data swept from iPhone 6 Plus, and you can restore the files from your iPhone 6 Plus, iTunes backup or iCloud backup. However, you can't backup iPhone 6 Plus to iTunes/iCloud without Apple ID before you reset your iPhone 6 Plus. In this case, you can use the third-party iOS data recovery software to help you recover lost data from iPhone after factory reset without Apple ID.