MP3 audio format is one of the most popular audio formats, thus many people would like to save audio in MP3 format for the convenience of playing audio. Fortunately, the rapid development of technology has motivated the invention of various audio recorders and has made recording much easier in recent years. Today, the tutorial will introduce three different ways to solve how to record MP3 on Mac.
Solution 1: How to Record Microphone into MP3 Audio with Online MP3 Audio Recorder
Online Voice Recorder is a free online MP3 recorder for Mac that doesn't require you to download the software but enables you to enjoy free recording services online. What you need to do is simply open the website and start recording. This online MP3 recorder Mac can automatically detect silence at the beginning and the end of the recording and delete them for your convenience. The MP3 audio recorder Mac is totally free that has no hidden payment, activation fee or other extra charges. With the online MP3 recorder for Mac, you can record microphone and save it as MP3 file within a few clicks. The steps how we record microphone into MP3 audio with Online MP3 Audio Recorder Mac are shown as the below:
1. Enter the MP3 audio recorder for Mac website: https://online-voice-recorder.com/. You have to install Adobe Flash first for the convenience of using the tool.
2. After installing Adobe Flash Player, click the red recording button in the left to start recording. A pop-up box will ask your permission of using the microphone. Choose "Allow" option.
3. Now the MP3 recorder for Mac starts recording. When it is recording, the red button will turn green and you can see recording duration at top right of the green button.
4. Press the green button to stop recording. In this way, you can play recording by clicking the green button. If you are happy with it, click "Save" at bottom right, a box will pop up to allow you to choose target output directory and the recording will be saved in MP3 by default. In this way, you learn how to record MP3 on Mac with Online Voice Recorder.
Solution 2: How to Record Computer Audio on Mac into MP3 with QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a full-fledged tool that enables users to play different types of files like movies, music, photos and graphics, record audio from computer or microphone and to edit audio by cutting, merging and pasting the recording sections. With a simple interface, this Mac MP3 recorder is super easy for users to carry out any operation via it. Besides, QuickTime Player doesn't require you to download it online, for it is usually preinstalled on Mac when you purchased Mac. QuickTime Player is also featured by automatically choosing highest quality stream based on the amount of bandwidth you have. In terms of recording MP3 on Mac, QuickTime Player provides you with a professional solution.
1. Launch QuickTime Player on Mac, then head to File > New Audio Recording at the top left corner.
2. You will see a recording panel. Click the drop-down box in the right of the interface to choose audio source and sound quality. We need to record computer audio here, so we can choose "Built-in Input: Line In" as the audio source. Certainly, you can tick "High" or "Maximum" as sound quality.
3. Now activate the red button to start to record MP3 on Mac and then play computer audio. Once you finish recording, click the red button in the middle to stop recording. You can drag volume line to adjust recording volume.
4. Afterwards, go to File > Export to save the recording to the target output directory and choose MP3 as the output format.
Solution 3: How to Record All Audio into MP3 with Leawo Music Recorder for Mac
Leawo Music Recorder for Mac provides the best solution to record MP3 on Mac, for it can get free access to any audio from any audio source like built-in microphone, computer audio and online audio. It is equipped with Task Scheduler that can help Mac users to schedule Mac MP3 record by setting start time and duration. The Mac MP3 recorder supports to record audio in over 300 formats and import audio into the output format of MP3, WAV and M4A. Furthermore, it has an embedded music tag editor that enables you to manually edit music tags like album, artists, music name, etc. It also allows you to edit music sound quality by setting the parameters of bit rate and sample rate.
Leawo Music Recorder
☉ Record any sound from computer and microphone audio.
☉ Record music from 1000+ music sites: YouTube, Facebook, etc.
☉ Schedule music recording via the recording task scheduler.
☉ Automatically/manually add music tags: artist, album, etc.
☉ Save recordings to either WAV/MP3/W4A format.
Download and install this Mac MP3 recorder software on your Mac computer and then launch it. It works on Mac OS 10.6 and later. How to record MP3 on Mac with Leawo Music Recorder? Check the below steps to learn how to record MP3 in an easy way.
Step 1: Set audio source
Launch Leawo Music Recorder for Mac and then select the audio source you would like by clicking the little microphone icon at bottom left. Here are two options: "Record Built-in Audio" and "Record computer Audio". Choose one based on your actual situation.
Step 2. Select output format
On the same panel, go to "Format" to set the output format like WAV, MP4 and MP3. After that, change the parameters of "Bit Rate" and "Sample Rate" to improve sound quality.
Step 3. Choose output directory
Go to Leawo Music Recorder > Preferences > General to choose target output directory. You can click the blue folder icon to browse target output directory.
Step 4. Start recording MP3 on Mac
Back to main interface to tap on the red recording button to carry out recording. Then play audio you need to record into MP3.
Step 5. Manually edit music tags
The internal music tag editor enables you to automatically edit music tags. Right click the recording you need to edit to select "Edit Music Tags" to edit music tags like song title, artist name, album name and genre on the "Music Tags Edit" panel.
For Windows computer, please turn to Leawo Music Recorder to record MP3 audio on Windows computer with ease.