As we all know, most motion pictures showing on the big screen is actually a flock of still high-definition images in rapid succession. And the number of frames appearing per second (also known as FPS) is frame rate. For example, a film of lower frame rate will create a flickering effect and makes the image a bit choppy and strobe, while a higher one will make the video very large and smooth at a constant resolution. In another word, the higher the frame rate is, the smoother the video is. Is it possible to adjust the frame rate to have a better viewing experience? Actually, there are some common-used main frame rate standards for video: 23.97 FPS, 24 FPS, 25 FPS, 29.97 FPS and 30 FPS for people to adjust. This article will introduce the useful information of video converter frame rate and also recommend the best free frame rate converter for you.
Part 1: Best 5 Free Frame Rate Converter for Windows/Mac
Frame rate converter - Leawo Prof. Media
With Leawo Prof. Media, the video converter frame rate changing could be done in a few seconds without any quality loss. Leawo Prof. Media is a total media converter suite that comprises Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Creator, DVD Ripper, DVD Copy, DVD Creator, Video Converter and Video Downloader. With it, you can also rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD/ISO files to video/audio in 180+ formats, including MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, M4V, F4V, MP3, AAC, etc., no quality loss in video and audio.
Free frame rate converter - Avdshare
Avdshare video converter is capable of changing video frame rate among 23.97fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50i/p, 60i/p, 72p, 120p, 300p and more. Besides changing video frame rate, this program also allows you to convert the video into other video formats. If you want to customize your video, you can change video resolution, bitrate, merge, split big videos into many video clips, or delete any video part, add effects, logo, text, subtitles to the video, etc.
MP4 frame rate converter - HandBrake
HandBrake is specially designed for ripping DVDs, which is available for Mac, Linux and Windows. With this video converter frame rate changing is with ease, you can get quick results by simply loading up a video into the program and then use one of the many presets in the side panel to convert to different formats with various settings in place.
Free frame rate converter - VLC media player
When talking about free frame rate converter, most people will think of VLC media player. As a free frame rate converter, VLC media player can play almost all common audio-visual file formats, including AVIs, MPEGs and WMVs, as well as DVDs and CDs. In addition, it also supports configure and edits files with cropping and de-interlacing features. What is more, Any Video Converter can remove DRM protection, and convert videos in batches and burn videos to disc.
Frame rate converter - Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a universal and versatile video conversion program for Mac users. This Mac video converter can help convert between almost all video formats including ASF, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV, and MP4... With Any Video Converter, you can quickly and easily convert video into a format suitable for offline viewing on your mobile without worrying about your data allowance.
Part 2: Convert Video Frame Rate Online
In fact, there is some high-quality optional video frame rate converter online, among them is the Online-Convert, which is capable of letting you convert media easy and fast from one format to another. Online-Convert is composed of audio converter, video converter, image converter, document converter, Ebook converter, Archive converter, Webservice converter and Hash generator.
With this online tool, you do not need to have this video frame rate converter download in your computer. Check here to change the frame rate of video at fast speed within simple clicks.
1. Enter the website online-convert.com, you can click "Video convert" option.
2. And select the format you like, such as avi, flv, mkv, mp4...
3. Time to click “Choose File” or drop files directly into the interface.
4. Then you can feel free to select the parameters you like. There are lots of options available, for example, frame rate, you can type the number you want per second.
5. You can also set the place to get your files, such as Enter URL, Dropbox or Google Drive.
6. Once all the data are set, click the big green button "Start conversion"
Part 3: How to Convert Video Frame Rate with Prof. Media
As a powerful mp4 frame rate converter, Leawo Prof. Media is a useful fps video converter which enables you to flawlessly convert video fps at lightning-fast speed. It offers plenty of optimized ready-made presets for you to choose desired frame rate.
On the Home interface, there are several media converter parts, including the free frame rate converter. To make this frame rate converter work, click the module “Video Converter”, and it would lead you to the corresponding function part.
Step 1. Add Video Files
After getting in the home interface, click "Add Video" button or directly drag and drop the videos you want to change the frame rate into this converter. And all the videos will be listed in the main area.
Step 2. Select Output Format
Open the drop-down box named "MP4 Video" right before the big green "Convert" button, then click the "Change" button to enter the "Profile" panel. There are 180+ video audio formats and portable devices on this frame converter for your choice. Just select your original video format if you needn’t have extra requirement for video format conversion.
Step 3. Change Frame Rate
On the same drop-down box "MP4 Video", click the "Edit" button to enter the "Profile" panel, then you can change the frame rate. Besides changing video frame rate with this frame rate converter windows user can also change Video Codec, Quality, Video Size, Bit Rate, Aspect Ratio as well as Audio Codec, Quality, Bit Rate, Sample Rate, Channels, etc.
Step 4.Start Frame Rate Conversion
Once all things are ready, specify the output folder to save your files, then press "Convert" button at the bottom of pop-up sidebar to start converting fps of video. Later, you can view the progress of the conversion for each video.
Part 4: How to Convert Mp4 Video Frame Rate Free With HandBrake
Below you can find a step-by-step guide for how to convert frame rate.
1. Install HandBrake by choosing the version for your operating system.
2. Launch HandBrake and click the "Source" button to load your file.
3. Select where you want the transcoded video file to be saved by clicking "Browse" and name the targeted video.
4. You can click Window > Presets Drawer in the top menu bar to set the preset. Choose the framerate depending on your source video. If it is PAL (25 frames per second), leave it at 25fps by choosing 25 (PAL Film/Video). If it is NTSC (29.97fps), make it 30fps by choosing 30. Make sure you tick the Constant Framerate radio button to have better compatibility.
5. Hit the “Start” button and wait until video has finished encoding. HandBrake will keep you update when it has finished.
Part 5: How to Convert Video Frame Rate Using VLC
VLC Media player is hailed as the Swiss Army Knife of all media players, and its supremacy is not without reason. Here, in this article we will walk you through the process of how to convert frame rate.
1. Download and launch VLC in your computer.
2. Click the "Media" menu in VLC. Choose "Convert/Save" to show the "Open Media" dialog box.
3. Click "Add"button to browse for the files that you want to add. Then click "Open".
4. Navigate to the file with the frame rate that you prefer to change. Double-click to load it into the "File Selection" list.
5. Then you need to click the "Convert/Save" drop-down menu and choose "Convert."
6. Later, you will see the next dialog box, and the conversion options are displayed.
7. Enter a new frame rate in the "Frame Rate" box. A typical rate is 30 frames per second. Enter a bitrate such as 100 kilobytes per second. Click "Save" to return to the "Convert" dialog.
8. Press on the "Start" button to begin the conversion. The file position timer of VLC will start to increase/move like a progress indicator.
After you have the wonderful video frame rate converter downloaded in your computer or Mac, it will empower you to compress 4K video, merge multiple videos, crop and add special video effect. It is not bad to try to use prof. Media now and share it with your friends.