It is great enjoyment to watch the best 4K Blu ray movies in your spare time. The high-quality image and movements can bring you to an exciting movie world. However, do you know how to rip best 4K Blu rays to your computer for more convenient watching? If this is just your confusion, you can hop into reading the contents in this guidance to clear up this confusion.
Part 1: Best 4K Blu-ray Movies 2019
Every year, many 4K Blu-ray movies are released in the market. However, not everyone knows what is the meaning of 4K Blu-ray. In order to allow more people to get familiar with 4K Blu-ray, in this part, I would like to briefly introduce it and list 5 4K Blu-ray movies 2019 for your reference.
1.1 Introduction to 4K Blu-ray
The requirements on video resolution of modern people become increasingly high. 4K refers to the current criteria for digital cinema projection, whose resolution is 4,096×2,160 pixels. You may have heard of Blu-ray Discs, which has been defeated by UHD Blu-ray. The resolution of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray is 3,840×2,160 pixels, which has applied the High Efficiency Video Coding. You can watch the best home video image quality only for 4K TV with 4K Blu-ray. 4K Blu-ray calls for the support of more advanced media player, for it is protected by AACS 2.0.
1.2 Best 4K Blu-ray Movies 2019
After knowing the meaning of 4K Blu-ray, you can continue to find out the best 4K Blu-ray movies in 2019. You can enjoy the immersive viewing experience at home or in a cinema. Here I would like to list 5 of them for you to watch at your leisure time.
No.1 Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Infinity War is one superhero movie, which benefits from the improved quality by UHD a lot. It is quite proper for you to watch if you are just willing to enjoy one 4K UHD Blu-ray film with non-stop action.
No.2 Deadpool 2
Deadpool 2 provides movie-watchers with a rollercoaster of action-packed moments and riproarious pranks. You can get great amusement by enjoying this 4K Blu-ray film.
No.3 Blade Runner 2049
The quality of Blade Runner 2049 is quite high, and its joy is added by the futuristic cyberpunk setting. It is considered to be one of the best 4K Blu-Ray films currently available.
No. 4 Dunkirk
Dunkirk does not rely heavily on CGI and special effects, which is one gritty and realistic war 4K Blu-Ray film. The breathtaking plots are fairly attractive when it is watched in UHD.
No.5 Justice League
Justice League is one ensemble superhero 4K Blu-Ray film, which is from DC. It is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The action sequences and performances have gained many praises.
Part 2: How to Rip 4K Blu-ray Movies to Computer using VLC
For the aim of playing 4K Blu-ray successfully on your computer, you can use one great program to help you to make it. Here I would like to recommend you take advantage of VLC to realize the ripping goal. VLC can copy the 4K Blu-ray movies easily, which can rip and extract audio/video in a current and popular digital format like MP4 (H.264). You can save the MP4 files on your computer and play them at any time as you prefer. The detailed steps to rip 4K Blu-ray movies to computer with VLC are shown below for you to finish your task.
1. Insert the 4K Blu-Ray Disc to the disk drive of your computer and then run VLC. Click on the menu tab of “Media” and then choose the option of “Convert/Save” to hit on in the drop-down list.
2. In the panel that shows up, you need to hit on the tab of “Disc” and then choose “Blu-ray” as the disc type. You also need to put a checkmark in the box next to the option of “No disc menus”. Afterwards, you can choose your disc from the drop-down or use the “Browse” button to select it. Click on the button of “Convert/Save” to continue.
3. Head to the “Profile” menu under “Settings” to set “Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4)”. Hit on the “Browse” button to select a “Destination file”.
4. When you click on the “Start” button at the bottom right corner of the panel, the 4K Blu-ray movie ripping process will be invoked. You can view the ripping and copying progression via the process bar in the interface of VLC.
When the ripping process comes to an end, you will be able to enjoy the ripped MP4 file in the destination folder on your computer.
Part 3: How to Rip 4K Blu-ray Movies to Computer through MakeMKV
MakeMKV can also be taken advantage of to rip 4K Blu-ray movies to computer simply. There will be no quality loss in the process of converting. Follow the steps shown below and you will be capable of getting the work done properly.
1. Kick off MakeMKV on your computer and then insert the 4K Blu-ray disc into the disc drive of your computer.
2. The MakeMKV software will recognize your 4K Blu-ray disc automatically. An optical drive icon will show in the interface. Thus, the 4K Blu-ray disc content will be loaded to the tool.
3. On the left side of the interface of MakeMKV, you need to check the content in the disc that you desire to rip. All the content that has been chosen will be saved to the MKV video.
4. In the left side of the MakeMKV software window, you need to set one output folder for the converted movie file.
5. Finally, you can click on the MakeMKV button on the right of the output directory to begin to rip the 4K Blu-ray film to MKV without any quality loss.
The process will take you a while. When the ripping is over, you can play the 4K MKV video on your computer at ease.
Part 4: How to Convert Blu-ray to 4K Movies with Blu-ray Ripper
To rip 4K Blu-ray movies to computer, you can resort to the Leawo Blu-Ray Ripper to help you. It is one of the best choices you can make, which can convert 4K Blu-ray movies to the format of MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, etc. It is also convenient for you to extract the audio track from the 4K Blu-ray disc with this software. The video editing features of it are also fantastic for you to make use of. As for how to use this tool to rip 4K Blu-ray movies to your computer, you can check out the following detailed instructions to settle it down.
Step 1. Enter Leawo Blu-ray Ripper Interface
Run Leawo Prof.Media first and then you need to choose the option of “Blu-ray Ripper” from 8 big shortcut icons to click on.
Step 2. Load Disc Content to Blu-ray Ripper
Insert the 4K Blu-ray disc into your disc drive on your computer to prepare for the ripping procedure. Head to the button of “Add Blu-ray/DVD” to hit on and then click on the tab of “Add from CD-ROM” from the drop-down menu list.
Step 3. Choose Ripping Content
In the next window, you need to choose the video that you desire to rip. You can select videos from the list by clicking on the “Custom Mode” option first at the top. If you want to choose all videos, you can click on the option of “Full Movie” to make it. By clicking on the option of “Main Movie”, the software will help you to pick out the main video from the list. Click on “OK” at the bottom right corner of the interface to confirm your operation.
Step 4. Set Format for Converted Movie
Click on the “Format” button and hit on “Change” on the following menu. You can choose “4K MP4” to tap on to set it as the default format, for it can be played via almost every media player.
Step 5. Set Output Directory
Hit on the “Convert” button at the upper right of the window. A sidebar will show up in the right part of the interface. Click on the folder icon to set one proper directory to save the converted movie file. Head to the bottom of the sidebar to hit on the “Convert” button to begin to rip 4K Blu-ray movie to lossless 4K MP4.
Part 5: How to Convert Blu-ray to 4K Movies via Handbrake
HandBrake is a handy tool for you to convert Blu-ray to 4K movies as well. It is one open source program, which is totally free of charge. This software is quite popular among users, which makes the task of ripping Blu-ray to MP4 become easier. Have a quick tour through the steps shown below and you will be able to know how to use this wonderful program.
1. Fire up HandBrake on your computer. Insert the Blu-ray disc into computer disc drive. And then you need to click on the button of “Open Source” in the interface to import the Blu-ray disc content to the software.
2. The software will begin to scan the Blu-ray title right away and you need to wait for several minutes.
3. Click on the “Browse” button at the right side of “Save As” box to set one suitable output folder and a name for the converted file. You need to make sure the target folder has enough space to save the converted film.
4. Click on the “Summary” menu and then choose “MP4” as the output format. You can also set other detailed parameters for the output file, such as the Video, Audio, Subtitles, Chapters, etc.
5. In the right part of the interface, you need to choose the 4K device under the “Presets” menu.
6. Finally, you can hit on the “Start Encode” button in the toolbar to begin to rip Blu-ray to 4K movies. HandBrake will report the ripping progress and inform you when it is completed. Thus, you will have a new 4K movie file at the target folder you specified.
This guidance is quite useful for you to rip 4K Blu-ray movies to computer or convert Blu-ray to 4K movies. The tools recommended in this tutorial are all fantastic for you to make use of. Among them, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is the most comprehensive program that I strongly suggest you have a try.