With iPad, people can enjoy movies, surf the Internets and run apps on a bigger screen. But this multimedia device can also be used as a music player. Although listening to music on an iPad is not as convenient as using iPhone or iPod, users can also get an excellent audio experience through louder speakers, especially the iPad Pro with 4 stereo speakers. If you have a lot of music on your computer, you may want to transfer music from computer to iPad. This tutorial will introduce 4 methods to help you transfer music from computer or laptop to iPad without efforts. If you have a Mac and want to transfer music from Mac to iPad, see: How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPad?
Method 1: How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad with iTunes?
iTunes is always the primary choice for transferring files from computer or laptop to iPhone, iPad and iPod. But before moving music from computer to iPad, first you need to import music from computer to iTunes. The guidance below will introduce you how to transfer music from computer or laptop to iPad with iTunes in detail.
- Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch iTunes. Then, click Edit > Preferences > Devices in the sub-menu bar, and check the box of Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically in the pop-up window.
- Step 3: Click File > Add File to Library in the sub-menu bar to browse and import music from computer to iTunes.
- Step 4: Connect your iPad to computer. After iTunes detects your iPad, click the iPad icon in the top-right corner. Then, find and enter Music library in the left sidebar.
- Step 5: In the right panel, check the box next to Sync Music. Then, you can choose to sync Entire music library or Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres. If you select the latter option, you can then select songs that have imported to iTunes in the below boxes.
- Step 6: Finally, click Apply and Sync to transfer music from computer or laptop to iPad with iTunes.
iTunes will erase existing music before syncing. Make sure you have checked all music you want to keep on iPad.
Method 2: How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad Without iTunes?
Many iPad users have encountered the problem of the sync of iTunes. iTunes will erase the existing music files on iPad before syncing, and users won’t be able to find the files back after the songs are erased. At this moment, people may want to find an iTunes alternative to transfer music from computer to iPad without iTunes. Leawo iTransfer is one of the best iPad transfer software. It can transfer, back up, and manage up to 12 kinds of files in iOS devices, helping users get rid of the sync of iTunes. The following guidance will show how to transfer music from computer or laptop to iPad in detail.
Step 1: Download Leawo iTransfer
Download and install Leawo iTransfer on your computer.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2: Connect your iPad to computer
Connect your iPad to computer and launch iTunes. This software will detect your iPad automatically
Step 3: Start to transfer music from computer to iPad
In the left sidebar, choose Music menu under LIBRARY section. All music on your iPad will be displayed in the right panel. Click File > Add > Add File or Add Folder in the top-right corner to browse and move music from computer to iPad.
Transferring music from computer to iPad with Leawo iTransfer will not overwrite the previous songs on your iPad. Now, you can free download and experience this software to transfer, back up and manage files on your iOS devices.
Method 3: How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad with Cloud-Based App?
In addition to transferring files via USB cable, there are many cloud-based apps like Dropbox, OneDrive that can let you move music from computer to iPad wirelessly. To add music to iPad, you need to first upload music to the cloud service on computer, and then log in the same account on your iPad to download them. Here Dropbox will be taken as an example to show you how to transfer music from computer to iPad.
- Step 1: On the browser of your computer, go to the official website of Dropbox. Sign in your account, and click Upload Files in the main interface to browse and upload music files from computer to Dropbox.
- Step 2: If you don't have Dropbox app, download it from App Store and launch it. If you have the app, tap to open it. Sign in the same account, and find the music files uploaded just now.
- Step 3: Tap the arrow-down icon on the right of each song and choose to download them for offline listening.
Method 4: How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad Using Email?
If you don't want to download Dropbox on your iPad, or you don't have enough storage on Dropbox, you can also use email to help you transfer music from computer to iPad wirelessly. But note that using email to move music from computer or laptop to iPad, there is size limitation. Generally, maximum email size limit for per attachment is 50Mb, and for per file is 10Mb. If the size of your music files are larger than this, you may not be able to transfer music from computer to iPad using email.
- On the browser of your computer, go to any mail service provider.
- Create an email and attach songs as attachments. Then, send it to yourself.
- On the corresponding email app on your iPad, tap the song in attachment. Then, close the music player window and tap Share icon on the screen when it is finished.
- Select a music app on your iPad and save it for offline listening.