Hi, there! I bought an iPhone 4S a couple of days ago. I thought it works like my last Android phone. When I try to import photos from my iPhone to my computer, I find that the photos I imported are not all the ones in my iPhone 4S. But I have deleted the ones in my iPhone to free up some storage space. Can I get the photos back? I'll appreciate all your suggestions, thanks in advance.
The iPhone users like using the camera on their iPhone to take pictures and shoot videos. These pictures can be very important memories for the users. If the pictures get lost, the iPhone users will try their best to recover them, however, the recovery of photos is hardly to accomplish without iTunes.
Some users have very good habits of updating iPhone backups with iTunes. The iPhone backup will contain most of the important data in your iPhone. Once you lose data in your device, you are able to recover it with the iPhone backup. Considering that many iPhone users are still beginners, the following tutorial will show you how to restore iPhone with the iTunes backup.
- Plug iPhone into computer via the USB cable, and iTunes will launch automatically. If not, you need to manually start it.
- Click "File > Device > Restore from Backup", and then choose the iPhone backup in the pop-up dialog. Click "Restore" at the right bottom of the dialog.
- iTunes will make a confirmation again. Click "Restore" and then iTunes will start restoring your iPhone with the iPhone backup.
When the restoring process is done, you will get the data in the iTunes backup back to your iPhone again, and you may recover deleted photos with this easy method. The restore with iTunes backup is easy and helpful, but it will lead to another problem: If you don't update iTunes backup every day, and have added new data into iPhone after updating the backup, then you will lose the newly added data during the restoring process. At this moment, you may want to recover the deleted photos from iPhone backup to computer directly, and don't erase the data in your iPhone.
A piece of iPhone data recovery software will provide much help on this issue, it is called Leawo iOS Data Recovery. This software is used for recovering deleted or lost files from iOS devices or iTunes backups, and it enables users to backup iPhone, iPad and iPod touch files to computer. With the help of Leawo iOS Data Recovery, you are able to recover deleted photos from iPhone 4S backup with ease. The following guidance will show you how to do it, and you can free download this software to have a try. Note that the trial version will stop at the preview window.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone 4S
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery after installing it, and the software will show you two recovery modes: "Recover from iTunes Backup" and "Recover from iOS Device".
2. Choose "Recover from iTunes Backup" and then the software will show all the backups you have made on this computer. Choose the iPhone backup and click "Scan" at the right bottom of the window.
3. The software will scan the contents in the iPhone backup, and show 12 categories in the left sidebar. When the scan is finished, the names of the categories will turn white, choose "Camera Roll" and then the photos will be shown in the right part of the window. Check the deleted photos and click "Recover" at the right bottom of the window.
4. After clicking the button, you will see a pop-up dialog. Click "Open" and choose a folder on your computer to save the exported photos. Then click "Go" to start recovering deleted photos from iPhone 5s backup.
When the recovery process is done, you will get the exported photos in the target folder, and you are able to view and manage the photos on your computer. Leawo iOS Data Recovery makes the data recovery of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch easy to be done, if you want to recover deleted iMessages from iPad, you can also rely on this software.