"I just created a training PowerPoint file and would like to save PowerPoint to video. Is there any way to save PowerPoint as video, therefore I could view the PowerPoint content on portable player?" - by Alice on Microsoft Community.
Besides the need of inserting a video into PowerPoint presentations, many people also want to create video from PowerPoint or save PowerPoint as video for either sharing online or convenient playback on mobile devices. If you happen to have the same requirement of creating a video from PowerPoint, this post would be where you should stop. It offers 4 ways to create video from PowerPoint.
Part 1: Create Video from PowerPoint App on Computer
It will be much easier and faster for PowerPoint 2010 or later version users to create a video with PowerPoint, since Microsoft has already built in a PowerPoint to video saver feature into PowerPoint 2010 and later versions. People could create video with PowerPoint 2010 and later to save PowerPoint into MP4/WMV video. Wonder how to create video from PowerPoint 2010 or later versions? The below steps would show you in detail:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation on your computer (make sure you've installed the PowerPoint 2010 or later versions). If your PowerPoint presentation was created with previous PowerPoint version, make it compatible and open the "Edit" status.
- Click the "File" menu option on the top-left corner.
- On the drop-down menu, click "Export" option.
- Click the "Create a Video" option on the popup panel. 2 drop-down options appear.
- In the first drop-down box, select the quality of video that you wish to create from Computer & HD Displays, Internet & DVD, and Portable Devices.
- In the 2nd pane, select whether you want to use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
- After that, in "seconds to spend on each slide" box, set the time duration. And then click the "Create Video" button.
- On the "Save As" window, set output directory and name output file, choose WMV or MP4 in the "Save as Type", and finally click the "Save" button to create video from PowerPoint 2010.
Mac users could adopt the PowerPoint for Mac to create video from PowerPoint 2010 and later versions on Mac.
Part 2: Create a Video with PowerPoint and AuthorStream
AuthorStream is a powerful online presentation sharing engine that not only allows you to upload your PowerPoint presentations online for free, but also assists you to share them with your friends, students or co-workers located across the globe. You could upload PowerPoint presentations to AuthorStream, and AuthorStream would help you convert PowerPoint to video in MPEG4 (.mp4) format. After uploading and converting, you could download created MP4 video from your PowerPoint presentations and then share on blog, sent to your friends, or transfer to mobile device for convenient playback.
The detailed steps of using AuthorStream to create a video from PowerPoint are listed below:
- Open your PPT presentation file inside PowerPoint and switch to Slide Show menu to set up the exact time duration for each slide. You will have 2 options:
- Use Record Narration if you want to include audio in your presentations. Record your voice as your move through the slides and say yes when you are prompted to save the changes.
- Use Rehearse Timings for silent PowerPoint videos. This option lets you define how long a slide should display on the screen before the presentation move to the next slide.
- Now go to authorstream and upload the PPT file you saved. AuthorStream allows you to upload PowerPoint files as large as 1 GB.
- When you are done uploading the PPT file to the web, Author Stream will convert the PowerPoint file into a MPEG4 video (mp4) that can be directly uploaded to YouTube or you can watch it on mobile device like iPod, iPad, Surface, etc.
- Then you just need to wait for the conversion. Once the PowerPoint video is ready to download, you'll get a noticification in your email.
- After PowerPoint video is created, download it to your computer. You've done the process of creating a video from PowerPoint.
Other than creating video from PowerPoint presentation, AuthorStream will also create a video podcast version of your presentation that can be directly imported into iTunes. This could a good opportunity for educators who have piles of PPT files on their computer that can be shared with the world.
Part 3: Create Video from PowerPoint via Online PowerPoint to Video Converter
Online PowerPoint to video converter apps would also be helpful if you want to create a video with PowerPoint presentation files. There are plenty of online PowerPoint to video converters for you to use. Online-convert.com is without doubt a wonderful choice. It could help you create video from PowerPoint files and save in different video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, etc. for multiple purposes.
- Open the online PowerPoint to video converter site link given above.
- On the right sidebar, you could see multiple PPT to video converters specified in different output format, including: PPT to FLV, PPT to WMV, PPT to MP4, PPT to AVI, PPT to MKV, etc. Select desired one.
- On the new popup page, click the "Choose File" button to browse and upload PowerPoint presentation from computer. You could also upload PPT files from Dropbox or GoogleDrive.
- Finish the "Optional Settings", including: screen size, bitrate, file size, audio quality, frame rate, etc.
- After these, click the "Convert file". This online PPT to video converter would start to convert PowerPoint to video in the format you choose. You could view the whole converting progress.
- After converting, this online PowerPoint to video converter would let you download created video from PowerPoint.
- You just need to set a directory and then click the "Download" button.
Generally, it would not take you long to wait for the conversion. However, you need to make sure that your internet is well connected. The converting would depend on the size of your PowerPoint files. And, obviously, you have to create a video from PowerPoint one time with online PowerPoint to video converters.
Part 4: Create a Video from PowerPoint via PowerPoint to Video Converter
The above 3 methods are effective ones to help you create video from PowerPoint, but not the best one. There are several drawbacks: no support for batch PowerPoint to video converting, limited output format support, not all elements in source PowerPoint files retained (such as animation and effect), etc. The best solution is to make use of 3rd-party PowerPoint to video creator to help you create video from PowerPoint presentations.
Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro is the right 3rd-party PowerPoint to video converter app you should use to create video from PowerPoint. As the best PowerPoint to video converter software, Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro has no limit in output format and batch conversion. It could convert and save PowerPoint as video in 180+ formats like FLV, MOV, MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, etc. You could not only create video from PowerPoint 2010 and later versions, but also create video from PowerPoint 2007 and previous versions. Meanwhile, it helps keep all elements in source PowerPoint presentations.
PowerPoint to Video Pro
☉ Support PowerPoint 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013.
☉ Support all PPT formats: PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPS, PPSX, POT, POTX, POTM.
☉ Adjust video and audio parameters of output files for multiple devices and players.
☉ Customize PowerPoint files like: insert background music/watermark, set transition, real-time narration.
The below steps would show you how to create video from PowerPoint presentations by using Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro. Check the details below:
- Get source PowerPoint files ready, and install Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro on your computer.
- Launch Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro.
- Click the "Add" button to browse and add your PowerPoint presentations into this PowerPoint video converter. You could add multiple PPT files.
- After loading, click the "Output" box to set an output directory.
- Then, click the "Profile" drop-down box to set output format. You could select from "Common Video" group, or determine an output format from preset devices.
- Click the "Settings" button to adjust video and audio parameters of output PowerPoint video, including: video codec, bit rate, video size, aspect ratio, frame rate, audio codec, channel, etc. (Optional. Recommended for advanced users.)
- Click the "Customize" button to set transition time, add background music, adjust audio effect, change aspect ratio, apply watermark, etc. You could add your own signature here.(Optional)
- Finally, click the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start creating video from PowerPoint files within Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro.