"Hi, I've got some videos in different formats on my computer and I'm wondering how I can transfer them to my iPad. They are all in different formats and I'm not sure if they are all compatible with iPad. How can I transfer them to iPad and make sure that they can all be played on iPad?"
If you have videos in different formats you want to transfer to iPad, one way to make sure that they can be played on iPad is to convert them all to a format compatible with iPad. And there are a lot of methods you could try to transfer video to iPad. In this guide you would find methods to convert videos of different formats to iPad compatible format and transfer video to iPad with different applications.
How to Convert Video to iPad Compatible Format with Video to iPad Converter
To make sure that all your videos can be play normally on iPad, you need a third-party video converter to convert all your videos to an iPad compatible format. There are a bunch of great video converters that's capable of doing this job. Below are the top5 video converters for you to choose.
|Wondershare Video Converter||$41.97|
|Any Video Converter||$54.95|
|Aimersoft Video Converter||$49.95|
|AnyMP4 Video Converter||$55.00|
|Leawo Video Converter||1Year:$29.95/LifeTime:$39.95|
The above 5 programs are all good enough convert video to iPad. To show you how to convert video to iPad compatible format, let's take Leawo Video Converter as an example.
Why Pick Leawo Video Converter:
- 1. High price/performance ratio.
- 2. Converts video and audio between all popular formats.
- 3. Supports 2D to 3D video conversion.
- 4. Supports video editing features like trimming, cropping,adding watermarks and effects.
Instructions For Using Leawo Video Converter to Convert Video to iPad Compatible Format
Open Leawo Video Converter, there are other modules in the software, it's a software bundle. Go to Video Converter section. Click Add file button to import source file to the converter or directly drag n' drop files to the converter.
Click the second button from the right side, which is next to the green Convert button. Following that there would be a drop-down menu, click Change button on the menu to get into the Profile panel where you can set the default output format. To make sure that it's 100% compatible with iPad, let's choose MOV as the output format.
On the aforementioned drop-down menu, click Edit to enter Profile Settings menu. You can set video and audio parameters of the output format here.
Go back to the interface when you are done setting up the paramters. Click the green Convert button to call out a sidebar from the right side of the interface. Set the default output directory for the output file and click on the Convert button at the bottom of the sidebar to start the conversion.
Use Free Video to iPad Converter to Convert Video to iPad Compatible format
Other than using a third-party converter you can also go try the online free video to iPad Converter. It provides you a way to convert video to iPad compatible format for free. But online free video to iPad converter comes with compromises, for example, you can only convert one file at a time. So you should think it through before you make the decision what kind of video converter you want to use.
Online free video to iPad converter:
- Absolutely FREE
- No software installation needed
- Only converts one file at a time
- Internet connection needed
Below are the instructions of using online free video to iPad converter to convert video to iPad compatible format, let's take onlinevideoconverter.com as an example.
- Step 1: Google online video converter, click the first link to enter onlinevideoconverter.com.
- Step 2: Click the CONVERT A VIDEO OR AUDIO FILE tag in the middle. Then upload the video file you want to convert to the online video converter. You can only upload and convert one file at a time.
- Step 3: Choose the ideal output format and adjust the parameters of the output format after uploading.
- Step 4: Click Start button to start to convert video to iPad format. When the conversion process is done, download the converted file to your computer and now you can add video to iPad.
How to Transfer Video to iPad
Now that you've had the video files converted, you can check out the following content to see how to trasnfer video to iPad in different ways. The most direct way to do this is to use iTunes. Check out the content below to see how to transfer video to iPad with iTunes.
- Step 1: Connect your iPad to your PC.
- Step 2: Open iTunes if it doesn't fire up automatically.
- Step 3: Select your iPad from the device list.
- Step 4: There's an Movies option under your iPad. Click on it to select it. If you've got video on your iPad, they'll be shown on the list on the right.
- Step 5: Now you can directly drag and drop the video files to iTunes. You should see there's a progress bar on the top that indicates the progress.
Another way to transfer video to iPad is to use third-party sync apps. If it's your first time to use iTunes to import video to iPad, it could drive you crazy. I always thought iTunes is not user-friendly enough. So I would recommend you to try a third-party app with a more user-friend approach of syncing data between PC and iOS device. I would recommend Leawo iTransfer, a powerful iOS device data transfer program.
Instructions of using Leawo iTransfer to transfer video to iPad:
Step 1: Connect your iPad to your PC, iTransfer would automatically detect your device and the library of your device would be shown on the software.
Step 2.1: iTunes' library would be shown on the left below your device's library. The video files in your iTunes library could be transfer to iPad by iTransfer, so before you use iTransfer, you need to import the files you want to transfer to iPad to iTunes.
Step 2.2: Another way to transfer video to iPad is to directly import video to iPad. Right click Movies on your device's library and click Add file to choose file from your computer.
Step 3: Under iTunes library, click Movies option, and all the videos in your iTunes' library would be shown here. Select those you want to transfer to iPad, click the Transfer button at the bottom-right. Or you can right click the selected files and move your mouse over to Transfer to>iPad(the name of your device)