Question from Tom Lee: Do you have any idea on how to transfer Flappy Bird from one iPhone to another? My friend asked me to transfer this app from my iPhone to his so that we could play on our own iPhone respectively. Do you know how to transfer Flappy Bird app between iPhones? Thanks.
Flappy Bird, an addictive mobile game, has been taken down from App Store and Google Play recently. iPhone users and Android users will not be able to download this game anymore, but if you have downloaded this game on your device, you will still be able to enjoy it.
Some iPhone users have written to me asking how to transfer Flappy Bird from their old iPhone to new iPhone. Well, in this guide, we would like to introduce you several solutions on how to transfer Flappy Bird between iPhones.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another with iCloud
- Part 2: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another using iTunes
- Part 3: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another through iTransfer
- Part 4: How to Transfer Purchased Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another via App Store
Part 1: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another with iCloud
iCloud is a free service provided by Apple Company to offer some data management solutions for free. You could make use of iCloud to transfer Flappy Bird app from one iPhone to another easily. The below steps would show you how to complete the transfer.
1. Firstly, on your old iPhone, open “Settings” app and then click
2. On the following popup window, open “iCloud” tab.
3. Then, on the iCloud panel, open “iCloud Backup” option.
4. On the newly Backup panel, enable iCloud Backup to green. Your iPhone data will be backed up to iCloud, including Flappy Bird app.
5. On the other iPhone you want to transfer Flappy Bird to, open “Settings” app and then make sure you have log in with the same Apple ID on your old iPhone.
6. Then, click the
7. Scroll down to the “iCloud Backup” option and open it to enable it.
8. Now, your iCloud backup would be automatically downloaded to the target iPhone device.
Quite obviously, iCloud provides a very simple but effective solution for you to transfer Flappy Bird app from one iPhone to another. However, this solution has its drawbacks: firstly, you could not select which app to transfer from one iPhone to another. You have to sync and back up all apps and other data and files for transferring to other iPhone devices. Secondly, restoring from iCloud backup will erase existing files on your target iPhone.
Part 2: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another using iTunes
As is known, iPhone apps are saved as IPA files, and they are saved in C: > User > Administrator > My Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Mobile Applications. These IPA files can be installed to your iDevice again if you delete the apps on your iPhone by mistake. The IPA files can also be transferred from one iPhone to another if you want to transfer the Flappy Bird app to another iPhone of yours. iTunes will provide help on this app transfer, and you only need several simple steps to accomplish the task:
1. Plug iPhone into computer via the USB cable, and iTunes will launch automatically. If not, you should manually start it.
2. You will find the downloaded apps in the App Library. Choose Flappy Bird and install it to your iPhone. iTunes will need your Apple ID to finish the app transfer.
Or, you could make use of iTunes backup to transfer Flappy Bird app from one iPhone to another. Check the below steps:
1. Connect your first iPhone that has Flappy Bird app installed to computer via USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and open the iPhone icon. Then click the “Back up Now” button to back up your first iPhone to iTunes.
3. After backup completes, disconnect your first iPhone from computer and then connect your second iPhone to computer.
4. On iTunes, open the iPhone icon and then click the “Restore Backup” button to restore the iPhone backup you just made from your first iPhone to the second iPhone
5. After restoring, disconnect your second iPhone from computer and then you will find the Flappy Bird app available on your second iPhone.
iTunes will provide you much convenience if you own two iPhones and want to transfer Flappy Bird from one iPhone to another. But if you want to transfer Flappy Bird to your friend’s iPhone, you won’t want to try iTunes, as your friend will have to authorize your computer with his/her Apple ID, and if you forget to log out that Apple ID, you will mess up the data in your iPhone when you sync with iTunes. Meanwhile, as mentioned above, iTunes backup will transfer the whole iPhone content to another and erase existing data and files.
Part 3: How to Transfer Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another through iTransfer
If you want to transfer Flappy Bird from one iPhone to another without iTunes, you can turn to third-party iPhone transfer software – Leawo iTransfer for help. Leawo iTransfer is used for transferring data among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs. The software enables users to transfer apps, music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, ebooks, photos and Camera Roll without the sync of iTunes. Using Leawo iTransfer to transfer apps from iPhone to another is a good choice. Why do we recommend you this iTransfer other than iTunes and iCloud? Since with iTransfer, you could selectively transfer desired data and files between iOS devices, iTunes and computer as you like. You don’t need to back up the whole iPhone for transferring to another one.
If you are interested in this software, check out the following guidance about how to transfer apps from one iPhone to another, and you can free download this software to have a try. Note that the trial version of Leawo iTransfer has limited transfer times. If you are using a Mac computer, you could turn to Leawo iTransfer for Mac to transfer data and files between iOS devices, iTunes and Mac computer.
Tips: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
1. Run Leawo iTransfer after installing it on your computer, and connect both iPhones to computer with the USB cable. The software will automatically detect the contents in each iPhone and show the libraries in the left sidebar.
As mentioned above, the iPhone apps are saved as IPA files in your Windows PC, so you are able to transfer the IPA files to your friend’s iPhone without connecting your iPhone to computer. Leawo iTransfer makes it pretty easy for you:
1. After launching Leawo iTransfer and connecting the iPhone to computer, click “File > Add > Add File/Add Folder” at the upper right corner of the window. Then choose the “Flappy Bird” app on your computer, and click “OK” in the pop-up browsing window.
2. The transfer will start immediately, and the progress bar will show you the percentage of the app transfer. When the transfer is finished, the app will be copied to your friend’s iPhone.
Leawo iTransfer also provides help for other data transfer issues, for example, if you want to backup iPad photos to computer without iTunes, you can also rely on this software. Quite different from iTunes and iCloud, Leawo iTransfer not only enables you to selectively transfer data and files, but also helps you to transfer data and files like images, music, videos, notes, etc. from iPhone to computer regardless of Apple’s DRM protection rules.
Part 4: How to Transfer Purchased Flappy Bird from One iPhone to Another via App Store
For app transfer between different iPhone devices, you could also rely on App Store. That means you could transfer purchased Flappy Bird from one iPhone to another iPhone via app store on your iPhone devices.
However, you should keep this in mind: you could only transfer purchased apps from App Store between different iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod). Apps you download and install on your iPhone from other sources won’t be transferred and synced between iOS devices.
Check the below steps to learn how to transfer purchased Flappy Bird from one iPhone to another iPhone through App Store:
1. On the target iPhone device, open the “Settings” app on the home screen.
2. Log in with the Apple ID you’ve logged in onto the iPhone that has Flappy Bird app installed.
3. Open App Store on your target iPhone.
4. On any column of the “Today”, “Game”, “Apps” and “Updates”, click your own photo at the top of the screen.
5. On the newly popup “Account” window, open the “Purchased” tab.
6. You could then see “All” and “Not on this iPhone” tabs on the following “Purchased” interface.
7. Open “Not on this iPhone” tab and then scroll down to Flappy Bird app.
8. Click the download icon next to the app name to start downloading Flappy Bird app on your target iPhone.
After downloading, you now have successfully transferred Flappy Bird app from your iPhone to another one. You could then open it and log in with your own account to start playing it on the other iPhone freely.