It is quite annoying to see iPhone purple screen, for you can not use your iPhone normally, which can affect your life to a great degree. In that case, you need to find a way to fix iPhone screen turning purple as soon as possible properly. This tutorial will introduce you some reasons for iPhone 6 screen purple lines or the same issue on other models. You can also learn some effective methods to fix this issue.
Part 1: Why is There a Purple Line on My iPhone Screen?
When iPhone 5c purple screen shows up, you may begin to wonder “What causes this error” and “Why my iPhone screen is turning purple”. Here I would like to conclude some popular reasons for the occurrence of this issue.
1. iPhone flex cable’s bad connection may result in the iPhone 6 screen purple tint.
2. Water or moisture damage is also one common reason for the appearance of iPhone 5s purple screen.
3. If your iPhone is dropped onto hard surface, it will be common for your iPhone screen turning purple.
4. System error can also be a cause for iPhone screen turning purple. If your iPhone system version is old, this issue may occur.
Part 2: How to Fix Purple Screen on iPhone X/8/7/6
After you have understood “why is there a purple line on my iPhone screen”, you can try the following methods to cope with this problem.
1. Restart iPhone
If you are not sure why your iPhone screen turning purple, you can try to restart your device to help you out.
For iPhone 6 or below series, hold the home and power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Then you can release the two buttons and your iPhone will begin to restart.
For iPhone 7 series, hold the ‘Sleep/Wake’ and ‘Volume’ buttons until the Apple logo shows on the screen.
For iPhone 8/8 Plus and X models, hold and release the ‘Volume up’ button. Then, hold the power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
This method to deal with how to fix purple lines on iPhone screen is quite easy.
2. Reset iPhone
It is also feasible to address how to fix purple screen on iPhone 6 and other models via resetting.
1) Go to Settings app and then click on “General> Reset” tab.
2) Hit on “Reset All Settings” and then wait for iPhone to begin to reset.
3. Update iOS System
To update iOS system to handle iPhone screen turning purple is also a good choice.
1) Insert iPhone into a power source and then connect it with good Wi-Fi network.
2) Click on Settings app and then hit on the tab of “General”.
3) Find the option of “Software Update” to tap on and then click on “Download and install”.
4) Finally, you need to click on the button of“Install Now” to begin to update your iPhone to a new iOS version.
You’d better update your iPhone system version based on the official notice to prevent this issue.
4. Restore iPhone
You can also try to use restoring to fix iPhone screen turning purple.
1) Run iTunes on computer and then plug iPhone into computer with proper USB cable. Make sure your iTunes is the latest version.
2) Click on “Preferences > Devices” to ensure “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” option to tick it.
3) Hit on “iPhone icon> Settings> Summary” successively.
4) In the right part of the screen, you need to hit on the tab of “Restore iPhone” to invoke the process to erase your iPhone data. Afterwards, your iPhone will be installed with the latest version of iOS system.
5. Repair or Replace the iPhone Screen
If none of the methods shown in the above can settle how to fix purple lines on iPhone screen, maybe your screen is broken. At this time, you will need to go to an official Apple Store to repair or replace the screen. Be sure to check whether your iPhone is still in the warranty period before you go to repair it.
Part 3: Back Up iPhone before Fixing iPhone Purple Screen Lines or Tint
I strongly recommend you back up iPhone before fixing iPhone purple screen lines or tint, which can prevent data loss on your iPhone in the fixing process. There are two great solutions you can choose to back up iPhone data: iTunes and Leawo iTransfer. As for how to use these two programs to realize the data backup, you can refer to the following contents.
3.1 Back Up iPhone with iTunes
1. Refer to the first 3 steps in the fourth method of Part 2 to navigate to the “Summary” tab in iTunes interface.
2. In the right part of the window, you need to find the function area of “Backups”. After that, click on “Back Up Now” to begin to back up iPhone data to iTunes.
This process will take you some time and you need to wait patiently for the termination of it. Do no disconnect iPhone with your computer before the backup comes to an end.
3.2 Back Up iPhone with Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is one high-rank transfer program, which is quite powerful in dealing with various kinds of transfer issues. It allows you to transfer apps, videos, music, and etc. The accurate and efficient transfer process and result have won a good reputation for it among users all over the world. If you want to back up iPhone to computer, this tool is your best choice. Here I would like to take books as an instance to explain how to use it to achieve the iPhone data backup aim.
Step 1. Run Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPhone
Start Leawo iTransfer on your computer and then insert iPhone into computer with matched USB cable. The program will detect your iPhone info and show it in the right part of the screen.
Step 2. Check iPhone Files
Click the iPhone at the top left corner of the interface and then hit on the menu of “LIBRARY”. From the categories listed under it, you need to tap on the option of “Books” to see all books on iPhone in the right part of the window.
Step 3. Choose Files to Transfer
Select the books that you are willing to transfer to computer for backup and then right click on one of them. In the panel that shows up, you need to tap on “Transfer to> My Computer”. The transfer button at the bottom right corner of the interface can also be made use of to call out the menu.
Step 4. Set Output Directory and Transfer Files
Find “Save to folder” option to tick and then click on the “Change” button. In the pop-up panel, you need to set one suitable directory to save the exported iPhone books. After that, you need to hit on “Transfer Now” to initiate the process to begin to back up iPhone books to computer right now. After a while, your iPhone ebooks will be accessible on your computer folder. You can read them at ease.
As you can see, with a few seconds, you can back up iPhone data to computer easily. This software is quite helpful in transferring files. You can also try to take advantage of it to transfer files between iTunes and iDevices. Give it a go and you can’t miss it.
Bonus Tip: How to Check Whether iPhone Screen Is Broken?
Do you know how to check whether your iPhone screen is broken? If not, you can read the following tips to make clear of this issue.
1. You can use one flash light to glare at the iPhone screen, and then you can tell the differences between one good and broken screen.
2. You can look at the corners of your iPhone screen to check it. If it is broken, you will see some cracks.
3. You can tell whether your iPhone screen is shattered by rubbing your fingers on it. If you get rough feelings, your iPhone screen may have been broken.
4. You can also go to one phone store to determine if your iPhone screen is broken or not. For professionals, they can tell the differences easily.
The reasons for your iPhone screen showing purple lines are diverse. When this error occurs, you can choose one solution recommended in this guidance to help you out. It is a good habit for you to back up your iPhone data regularly to prevent data loss. After you backup your iPhone data to computer, you can delete some files on iPhone and make room for some new files.