If you want to enjoy iPod music or use iPod files on other iOS devices, you can make use of some ways to backup iPod to iTunes library. This guidance will show you some methods to make it. The ways are simple and you can solve how to copy files from iPod to iTunes library without any difficulty.
Part 1: How to Copy Files from iPod to iTunes Library on Computer via iTunes (Purchased Only)
In order to backup iPod to iTunes library, you can take advantage of iTunes to realize your goal. You can use the iTunes sync function or the iTunes Store as you prefer.
1.1 Make Use of iTunes Sync Function
iTunes can allow you to sync files with Apple devices, such as apps, music, movies, TV shows, podcasts and photos. However, you can only use it to transfer purchases from iPod to iTunes directly. Now let’s begin to see how to transfer songs from iPod to iTunes library via iTunes sync function for instance.
1. On your computer, launch the latest version of iTunes and insert iPod to computer via proper USB cable. iTunes will detect iPod device automatically.
2. Go to “Preferences > Devices” and then choose “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” to check.
3. Move to “File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from ‘Pod’”. Afterwards, the iPod songs will be transferred to iTunes from iPod.
This method to transfer songs from iPod to iTunes library is easy. If you want to backup other purchased files from iPod to iTunes, you can also make use of this solution.
2.2 Make Use of iTunes Store
iTunes Store can also be used to copy files from iPod to iTunes library. The detailed steps will show you how to copy songs from iPod to iTunes library for example.
1. On your computer, run iTunes and make sure it is the latest version. Connect iPod with computer and click on “Sign in” from the top left corner of the window.
2. A panel will pop up and you need to enter your “Apple ID” and “Password”. Afterwards, tap “Sign in”.
3. Tap the email address at the top-left corner of the interface. Then you need to click on “Purchased” in the drop-down menu.
4. Tap “Not in My Library” in the interfaced. Select the songs you want to add to iTunes library by tapping on them. Finally, click the download button at the upper right corner to copy them to your iTunes library.
As you can see, this method to backup iPod to iTunes library has a big shortcoming. You can only add the bought contents from iPod to iTunes library. In order to copy files from iPod to iTunes library completely, you can use a third-party tool to help you.
Part 2: How to Copy Files from iPod to iTunes Library on PC via Leawo iTransfer
This part will display you how to backup iPod to iTunes library without iTunes but Leawo iTransfer. This tool is wonderful and you can use it to copy files between iTunes and iOS devices easily. It is convenient for you to make use of this software to deal with diverse transfer problem. Now let’s check out how to copy files from iPod to iTunes library with the assistance of this powerful program. Here I would also like to take how to copy songs from iPod to iTunes library for instance.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1. Connect iPod to PC
Insert iPod to computer and then run iTransfer on your computer. Your iPod will be recognized by the software automatically.
Step 2. Choose Music to Transfer
Click “iPod icon> LIBRARY > Music” to see all music on iPod. Hold the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and click the songs you want to copy to iTunes library. Afterwards, right click on one of the songs and tap “Transfer to > iTunes”.
Step 3. Begin to Transfer Songs from iPod to iTunes Library
When a dialog shows up, tick “Transfer to List: iTunes”. Click on “Transfer Now” to start to copy songs from iPod to iTunes library via iTransfer. In a few seconds, the process will be over and the iPod songs will be accessible on iTunes library.
Part 3: The Differences between Two Ways
The two ways listed above have some differences. Let’s have a look.
1. iTunes can only transfer purchases or free files to iTunes library from iPod. iTransfer can transfer non-purchased files.
2. The steps of using iTunes are a little bit complicated. iTranser is easy to handle.
3. The transfer process of iTransfer is more accurate and safe than iTunes. You can use iTransfer to choose the specific files and it will not erase the previous files on iOS devices as iTunes do.
4. By using iTunes, people are able to transfer data between iOS devices and computer. However, people can easily transfer files between iTunes, computer and iOS devices with the help of iTransfer.
As you can see, iTransfer, as a professional transfer tool, is more powerful and effective than iTunes. Therefore, I strongly recommend you make use of iTransfer to copy songs from iPod to iTunes library or transfer other files from iPod to iTunes. This guide only teaches you how to backup iPod to iTunes library, you can also click the link to learn 3 ways to backup iPod to PC.