"How do I transfer notes from iPad to macbook - I've heard that iCloud could help automatically sync notes from iPad to mac and other Apple devices that run the same Apple ID. Why can't I sync notes from iPad to Mac? How to transfer notes from iPad to MacBook?" - From Apple Support Communities.
Many iPad users, and even iPhone users as well, wonder how to transfer notes from iPad to Mac or Windows computer. Actually, it would be quite easy for you to sync notes from iPad to Mac and other devices. You could follow the below content to learn 3 different ways on how to transfer notes from iPad to Mac.
Part 1: How to Transfer Notes from iPad to Mac via Email
Once you open Notes app on iPad or other iOS devices (iPhone or iPod), you will be able to share notes in various ways directly. You could transfer notes through email, Message, AirDrop, etc. You could freely choose any method to share and transfer notes from iPad to Mac. The below steps show you how to transfer notes from iPad to Mac via email in detail:
- Open Notes app on iPad.
- Open the note you want to transfer from iPad to Mac.
- On the upper right corner, you could see a share icon. Click it.
- Then you will see multiple options like Message, Mail, etc. Choose Mail option.
- Then you will be asked to choose the sender and enter the receiver email address. Make yourself as the receiver.
- Click the "Send" button to send notes to your email.
- On your Mac computer, log in your email and download the notes to your Mac computer.
Quite easily, you've finished the task of transferring notes from iPad to Mac via email. It is a totally free opeation for you to transfer notes from iPad to Mac, but you may only send notes from iPad to Mac one by one.
Part 2: How to Transfer Notes from iPad to Mac via iCloud
Besides making use of the share function to transfer notes from iPad to Mac computer, actually you could also make use of iCloud to automatically sync notes from iPad to Mac. The below steps would show you how to transfer Notes from iPad to Mac via iCloud:
- On your iPad, log in with your Apple ID.
- Go to "Settings > Your Name > iCloud" to toggle on Notes option.
- Open the "Notes" app on your iPad and then you could see 2 folders: "ICLOUD" and "ON MY IPAD".
- All notes in ICLOUD folder would be automatically synced to iCloud.com under WiFi connection.
- If you want to sync notes from ON MY IPAD folder to Mac, you need to move notes in the "ON MY IPAD" folder to "ICLOUD" folder: open the "ON MY IPAD" folder, click the upper-right "Edit" button, select notes you want to transfer from iPad to Mac, hit the bottom left "Move To" option, and then choose "ICLOUD" folder as target. In this way, you've successfully moved all notes to iCloud account, which will be automatically synced to iCloud.com under WiFi connection.
- On your Mac computer, log in iCloud.com with the same Apple ID as that on your iPad. Then, you could see that all notes on your iPad have been synced to Mac on iCloud.com.
Obviously, via iCloud, you could easily transfer notes from iPad to Mac computer. But you could only view the notes online. You can't download the notes to your computer. If you want to download notes from iCloud.com to Mac computer, you still need to send the notes from iCloud.com to yourself via email by clicking "Add people to this note" option on iCloud.com Notes tab.
Part 3: How to Transfer Notes from iPad to Mac via iTransfer
Of course, you could still directly transfer notes from iPad to Mac with the help of 3rd-party of iOS data transfer app like Leawo iTransfer for Mac, a professional iOS data and file transfer app that is designed for Mac users to transfer up to 14 types of data and files between iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod), iTunes and Mac computer. With this Mac iPad data transfer software, you could easily transfer any note from iPad to Mac computer as you like. It even allows you to choose which notes to transfer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your Mac computer. And then follow the below steps to learn how to transfer notes from iPad to Mac with this Mac iPad data transfer software.
Step 1. Connect iPad to computer
Open the software and connect your iPad to your Mac computer via USB cable. Your iPad will be detected soon and displayed on the left sidebar.
Step 2. Choose notes to transfer
Successively open "iPad > LIBRARY > Notes" tab and then choose the notes you want to transfer on the right panel. You could preview and even edit notes here as you like.
Step 3. Transfer notes from iPad to Mac
After choosing notes for transferring, click the "Export" button and then set an output directory to save the notes on your Mac computer. After that, click the "Transfer Now" button to start to transfer notes from iPad to Mac computer. The transferring will last for a few seconds, depending on the size of your notes.
Leawo iTransfer for Mac supports up to 14 types of data and files for you to manage from computer, including: photos, videos, music, contact, note, books, etc. You could transfer and manage all these data and files between iOS devices and computer. If you're using a Windows computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for iOS data transferring and managing on Windows that runs after Windows Vista.