When you get a new computer and your iTunes library is empty, or for security and backup considerations, you may want to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes. When it comes to transferring music from iPhone to iTunes, many of us may have been accustomed to syncing music from iPhone to iTunes via syncing. However, due to Apple's concerns of getting involved in copyright protection issue, we can only transfer and sync purchased music from iPhone to iTunes. Therefore, there comes a new question - how to transfer non-purchased songs from iPhone to iTunes?
This problem needs to be solved urgently for those who have a lot of songs not purchased from iTunes in their iPhone, especially for people have a smattering of knowledge about technology. So, if you are looking for how to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes, both purchases and non-purchases, it is absolutely worth taking a few minutes to read through this tutorial.
Part 1: How to Transfer Purchased Music from iPhone to iTunes?
iTunes is known as all-in-one software that can not only manage and sync photos, songs, apps, etc. with iPhone, but also a media player to purchase and download music, podcasts, movies, and more. iTunes has greatly facilitated Apple users' lives. However, if you adopt it as an iOS transfer tool, it only transfers purchased items. In other words, if you want to get access to non-purchased songs, you have to try another way on Part 3. Follow two methods below to learn how to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes separately.
Method 1: Transfer music from iPhone to iTunes via iTunes Store
Step 1: Download and install the latest iTunes on your computer.
Step 2: Launch iTunes and choose "Account" option on the top menu bar, then choose Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone to computer. If this is your first time to connect your iPhone to this computer, you will need to tap "Trust" on the pop-up window on your iPhone. Then, iTunes will automatically detect and recognize your iPhone after successfully connected.
Step 4: Tap the iPhone icon button on the top menu bar. Then, navigate to "Files > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name]". Purchases music will finally be moved from your iPhone to iTunes. You can click "Recently Added" on the left panel to view newly added songs.
Method 2: Transfer music from iPhone to iTunes via syncing
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Once your iPhone is connected successfully, you can go to Music library on the left menu bar, and enable Sync Music option on the right panel. On the same panel, you can choose to sync entire music library from iPhone to iTunes, or just selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres to transfer. After selection, click "Apply" button on the bottom right corner to start transferring.
Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes via File Sharing?
iTunes file sharing is a function added to iTunes with the release of iTunes 9.1. If you are using iTunes 9.1 or later, you can transfer files between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your computer. You can follow the steps below to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes via file sharing.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: After iTunes recognizes your iPhone and show your iPhone information on the main interface, you can click the iPhone icon button and select "File Sharing" on the left menu bar.
- Apps that supported file sharing will be listed on the right panel. You can click the specific app and choose items. Finally, click "Save..." button and choose target location in iTunes to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes.
Part 3: How to Transfer All Music from iPhone to iTunes with Leawo iTransfer?
All of methods above are easy to handle, but their shortcoming are obvious - they can't transfer all kinds of music from iPhone to iTunes. As for how to solve this issue, Leawo iTransfer provides comprehensive solution to not only transfer music from iPhone to iTunes, but also movies, TV shows, eBooks, photos, etc. Its super simple interface make it easier than ever to transfer different types of contents between iPhone, iTunes and computer. The biggest advantage of this software is that it can get access to both purchased and non-purchased items. Therefore, we choose this software to help us transfer all kinds of music from iPhone to iTunes easily.
Step 1: Download and install Leawo iTransfer
First things first, you need to download and install this software on your computer. You can choose a version below according to your computer system.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to computer
Connect your iPhone to computer and launch this software. It will detect your iPhone automatically like iTunes does.
Step 3: Choose music to transfer
Click the name of your iPhone and choose "Music" on the left column. Then, all music in your iPhone will be showed on the right panel, where you can select music you want to transfer. Alternatively, you can hold Ctrl+Shift key to select parts of music.
Step 4: Start to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes
Right click the selected music to navigate to "Transfer to > iTunes". Or, if you want to transfer all music on your iPhone to iTunes, you can click the transfer button on the bottom right corner.
A dialog will pop-up where you can set and confirm output directory. Finally, click the "Transfer Now" button to start transferring music from iPhone to iTunes.