"Please ignore Apple suggesting you have to spend money on the camera kit in order to move movie files from iphone to ipad so you can edit in iMovie.
Just email the video to yourself. Open the email in the ipad so that it showing as a file. Click on the curved arrow in the top right section and click save movie.
Voila! Open iMovie and the video is there for edit.
- Edited by Bassim SW6 on Apple Communities
Though iPhone is quite user-friendly, the screen size restrains you to fully enjoy movies. In this way, it is really a brilliant idea to copy movie from iPhone to iPad. You can transfer movie from iPhone to iPad via e-mail as this Apple user recommended, but it limits the capacity of the files to upload. Hence, here I would like to share four methods with you to show how to transfer movie from iPhone to iPad.
Part 1: How to Transfer Movie from iPhone to iPad via iTunes Store
iTunes Store app is available on different iOS devices. With it, you can purchase apps, movies, music, TV shows and other items on iTunes Store. Once you buy those items on iTunes Store, you can share those purchased items to different iOS devices as long as all your devices log into the same Apple ID. To move movie from iPhone to iPad, you can follow these steps.
1. On iPad and iPhone, go to "Settings > Apple ID" and enter the same Apple ID and password. Scroll down to choose "iTunes & App Store", then turn "Music/App/Books & Audiobooks/ Updates" on. In this way, any new purchases in iTunes Store will be automatically downloaded to your iOS devices.
2. Open iTunes Store and log into the same Apple ID on iPhone and iPad. In this way, all your iPhone movies will be synced to iTunes. On iPad, click "Purchased > Movie" at the bottom of the app screen.
3. You can click "Download All" at top right corner or click the download icon next to movies to download all purchased movies to iPad.
Part 2: How to Transfer Movie from iPhone to iPad via iTunes on Computer
Another way to copy movie from iPhone to iPad is via iTunes on computer. Compared to iTunes Store, the interface of iTunes on computer is more complicated with more functions. It embodies iTunes Store and acts as a music player and iPhone to iPad movie transfer. Check the following steps to see how to move movie from iPhone to iPad with iTunes on computer.
1. Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable. The computer will ask your iPhone to authorize it to access iPhone. Accept it and your computer will recognize it.
2. Launch iTunes and make sure it is the latest version. iTunes will automatically recognize iPhone and show an iPhone icon at top left corner.
3. Click on the iPhone icon and navigate to "Summary" in the left sidebar. Choose "Back up Now" in the right interface, then it starts to back up iPhone information to iTunes.
4. Now disconnect iPhone and connect iPad to computer. You can see an iPad icon in the upper left corner. Go to "Summary > Back up > Restore Backup" to restore iTunes information into ipad. As a result, you have transferred movies from iPhone to iPad.
Part 3: How to Transfer Movie from iPhone to iPad via Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is all-in-one software that helps to move different kinds of files between iOS devices, iTunes and computers, including apps, movies, TV shows, photos, bookmarks, notes, etc. It is useful in managing iOS device files as well. For example, you can add, delete and edit playlists directly on the device. You can also delete unwanted files to save space on iOS devices. Different from iTunes, Leawo iTransfer allows you to transfer the purchased and non-purchased between iOS devices and computer. Now let's take a look at how to copy movie from iPhone to iPad with this iPhone to iPad movie transfer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data
and files on iOS devices.
1. Launch iPad movie Transfer
Connect iPhone and iPad to computer via USB cable and open this iPhone to iPad movie transfer software. iPhone and iPhone will be automatically detected by the software.
2. Transfer movie from iPhone to computer
Go to "iPhone > LIBRARY > Movies" in the left sidebar and check movies you want to transfer, then right click them to choose "Transfer to > My Computer"
3. Choose a destination folder
In the pop-up window, check "Transfer to list" and choose iPad in the drop-down box as a target output directory. You can also save them to your computer by checking "Save to folder". Afterwards, click "Transfer Now" and it starts transferring movies to computer.
Part 4: How to Transfer Movie from iPhone to iPad via File Sharing
File Sharing is useful in helping Apple users to transfer files between iOS devices and computers. To use File Sharing, you have to ensure you have apps that are capable of sharing files and you have latest iTunes on computer. Besides, File Sharing only allows you to transfer a single file or multiple files and you are not allowed to transfer folders. Now check the following steps to see how to transfer movie from iPhone to iPad.
1. Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable. Go to "My Computer" and open iPhone device, then locate "DCIM" to transfer movies to computer desktop.
2. Connect iPad to computer via USB cable and launch iTunes. Make sure it is the latest version.
3. Click on the iPad icon at top left corner and go to "File Sharing". In the right interface, you will see available apps. Click one of available apps and tap on "Add" to upload movies from iPhone to iPad. Or you can directly drag those movies to the "Document" list.