There is no doubt that Tidal is a marvelous music streaming service that has over 70 million tracks and 250 thousand videos, combining lossless audio and high-definition music videos with exclusive content and special features on music. As one of the best and tmost unique streaming audio services around, Tidal offers high-quality audio, music-related articles, and first dibs on tickets to hot concerts and sporting events, and so on. As you know, Tidal provides Premium subscription plan offering streams at a bitrate of 320kbps priced and Hi-Fi subscription plan providing streams at a bitrate of 1411kbps. However, Tidal subscribers are only authorized to download Tidal music for offline listening but not able to be saved on your local computer or any other devices. If you are intended to download Tidal music to computer for normal playback, you can resort to some powerful music reorders and downloaders recommended here.
- Part 1: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Tidal Media Recorder?
- Part 2: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Free Tidal Downloader?
- Part 3: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Leawo Music Recorder?
- Part 4: Comparison Between 3 Tidal Music Downloaders
- Bonus: How to Download Tidal Music to Mobile on Tidal Music App?
Part 1: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Tidal Media Recorder?
To download Tidal music to computer, Tidal Media Recorder is worth a try. Tidal Media Recorder full version is designed for Tidal Premium and Tidal Hi-Fi subscribers to record Tidal Music and save to several audio formats including MP3, AAC, FLAC, or WAV with Hi-Fi audio quality. All the downloaded audio files can also be played on different players such as MP3 player, Windows Media Player, VLC media player and so on. Besides, it is claimed that the Tidal music download preserves the ID3 tags information including titles, artist name, album, etc. at the same time. After you download and install Tidal Media Recorder on your computer, follow the steps to download Tidal Music to your Windows PC with this Tidal Media Recorder.
- Run Tidal Media Recorder on your computer. After you run the program, among the main interface, you can click “Open Tidal Web Player” to load the web player. It is noting that you can continue by logging in to the web player with your Tidal account.
- Click the “setting button” button to open the setting windows, where you can set the output format to MP3. Besides, you can also select the output quality and choose the output folder on the local drive to store the downloaded music and others.
- After customizing the output settings, you can open the playlist you want to download on Tidal Web Player, and then click the “add music” button to open a new panel where you can select your preferred music tracks from the playlist to start recording.
- Start recording Tidal music to your local computer. Click the “Convert” button to start recording music from Tidal Web Player to MP3. The downloading process will be completed in minutes, and then you can click the “clock icon” button to locate the well-downloaded Tidal music.
Part 2: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Free Tidal Downloader?
Other than Tidal Media Recorder, you can also download Tidal music to computer with free Tidal downloader. Athame Tidal Downloader is free music downloader software that is specialized in downloading music from streaming music services. It is worth noticing that Athame is only available for Tidal and Google Play Music URLs and just developed for private and educational use, not for commercial piracy. It is easy to use for most users. There is a guide below for you to download Tidal music to computer with this free music downloader.
- Run the program to enter the main interface, click the “Menu” button to navigate to the “Settings”. Please choose Tidal to log in to your Tidal account details. You can also set output file destination and other settings.
- Copy the Tidal URL and paste it in the “URL” textbox. Press the “Add” button to load music you prefer.
- All selected music will appear in the download queue. Click the “Start” button to start downloading Tidal music.
Part 3: How to Download Tidal Music to Computer with Leawo Music Recorder?
What’s more, you can also download Tidal music to computer using Leawo Music Recorder. As a superb and easy-to-use music recording software program, Leawo music Recorder lets you record Tidal music free efficiently. Besides, it is so powerful that any built-in input audio, computer audio and online music sources from more than 500 sites, like YouTube, Spotify, AOL Music, Last.fm, Deezer, etc. can be recorded and then saved in MP3 or WAV format with lossless quality. Thus, even if you cannot find the audio sources of your favorite music from Tidal, you can feel free to download music from any other online music sources. This smart music recorder could also automatically add music tags when recording music or empowers you to manually edit music tags via a built-in music tag editor. You could manage all the recorded music files and share them to iTunes within just one click as well. Even a novice can effectively download Tidal music by using this user-friendly software.
Step 1. Download and install Leawo Music Recorder
Download Leawo Music Recorder free and install it to your computer.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2. Choose audio source
Run the program to enter the main interface, click audio source icon to enter the settings panel where you can choose “Record Computer Audio” to record online music from Tidal. It is noting that you can choose “Record Audio Input” to record “Mic” or other built-in input audio stream.
Step 3. Set output format
Switch to the “Format” tab, then choose “mp3 Audio(*.mp3)” as the output format. Additionally, you can adjust the audio parameters in the “Audio Setting” box, including bit rate and sample rate. You can also switch to “General” tab to set the output directory to save the music recordings.
Step 4. Start to download Tidal music to computer
Click the red “Start” button to activate the recording. And then play source music from Tidal. If you need, you could also click the “Recording task scheduler” icon on the bottom-left corner to call out the Task Scheduler, where you could set the start time and duration for the recording.
Part 4: Comparison Between 3 Tidal Music Downloaders
The three programs for Tidal music download are all helpful and they have different features. Read on to make a clear comparison between the 3 Tidal music downloaders.
|Features Comparison||Tidal Media Recorder||Athame Tidal Downloader||Leawo Music Recorder|
|Supported streaming music sites||Tidal track, playlists, albums, and videos.||Tidal/Google Play Music||Over 500 websites like Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, Tidal, etc.|
|Support Operating System||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac/Linux||Windows/Mac|
|Supported output file formats||MP3/AAC/FLAC/ WAV||FLAC||MP3/WAV|
|Record from radio, podcast and Mic||No||No||Yes|
|Record computer audio||No||No||Yes|
|Schedule to record audio and video||No||No||Yes|
|Automatically identify music ID3 tags||Yes||No||Yes|
|Manually edit recordings Info||No||No||Yes|
|Create personal playlist||No||No||Yes|
|Share to iTunes with one click||No||No||Yes|
|Customize output quality||Yes||No||Yes|
|Price||Free trial, $49.99/Year||Free||Free trial, $19.99/Year|
Bonus: How to Download Tidal Music to Mobile on Tidal Music App?
The 3 Tidal music download programs mentioned in this article are effective to download Tidal music to computer. When you have downloaded Tidal music on your computer, you can transfer music to iPhone or other mobile phones directly. If you are intended to download Tidal music to your mobile devices, you can simply resort to Tidal Music app which allows you to download Tidal songs for offline listening on Android and iOS devices. Follow the instructions below to directly download music from Tidal to mobile devices.
- Install Tidal Music app on your phone, run it and log in with Tidal account.
- Start to discover your favorite music available on Tidal or use the search bar to look for the playlist or albums you want.
- Tap on the playlist or album you want to download. Then you can see a toggle for “Download” near the top. Swipe this toggle to add music to download queue and start downloading process.
It is worth noting that you ought to keep the Tidal app running on your phone until the process is complete. Make sure to tap the “My Collection” section > “Settings” > “Offline” to enable the “Offline Mode” so that you can listen to your downloaded music without consuming your mobile’s data.