For a long time, we have all been used to Hollywood, the cinema of the United Kingdom, Japanese cinema and also Chinese cinema. The Turkish movie industry was not on the scene until the early 2000s, when it slowly started gaining popularity in some parts of the world. As of 2023, Turkish dramas are common in Brazil, Mexico, the United States, North Africa, and some parts of Asia. Back in the 1990s, Turkish dramas promoted family values, and they told the daily lives of ordinary and traditional people. Today, Turkish dramas are the most recent examples of the moral and cultural downfall of Turkish society. Whatever Turkish drama you wish to watch, you are going to learn a lot about their culture. For 2023, what is the best Turkish drama list? We will explore that, and we will also show you where and how you can download them.
Part 1: 10 Best Turkish TV Series
If you have been looking for something to watch that can have your attention for hours, then look no further. These are the best Turkish dramas that you can watch in 2023.
A dangerous neighborhood, "The Pit", ran by a noble mafia family called Koçovars. When the family is in danger of losing control of The Pit, their youngest son now must come back to his home, where he could never escape from.
2. Bride of Istanbul
Süreyya, a young and beautiful singer, involves in the life of the rooted Boran family of Bursa as the wife of the oldest son Faruk and all the family's secrets begin to uncover.
3. Dirilis: Ertugrul
This drama is about the heroic story of Ertugrul Ghazi, the father of Osman (Uthman) who founded the Ottoman Empire.
4. Kadin Olmanin Gunahi/The Sin of Being a Woman
The Sin of Being a Woman is the story of an indomitable woman who fought a relentless and uphill battle against prejudice, convention and authority at a difficult time in a difficult part of the world.
Yavuz Karasu, a well-trained Turkish soldier, is in Istanbul with his fiance where a terrorist operation takes place. Dr. Bahar, who is not a surgeon, tries to save his fiance.
6. Eskiya Dünyaya Hükümdar Olmaz
This drama series tells the life of Hizir Cakirbeyli, who entered the realm of the mafia at a young age.
7. The Last Emperor: Abdul Hamid II
The fight of Abdulhamid II to keep Ottoman Empire and Caliphate alive.
8. Ask VE Mavi
A woman named Mavi tries to kill the man who she thinks is her brother's killer (Ali) on their wedding day, although Ali is not his killer, he stayed in prison for 12 years to protect the real killer, his brother Cemal.
9. Wounded Love
Azize finds herself with her 3 children and mother-in-law in a difficult fight. She raises her children while fighting the difficulties of the war period and her husband's absence whom she loves more than anything.
10. Our Story (Bizim Hikay)
This is the adaptation of the famous series Shameless. Filiz, a protagonist who has been struggling to survive in one of the poor neighborhoods of the city is the oldest child of the family.
Part 2: Where to Watch Turkish Dramas with English Subtitles
Here is a list of some of the best sites to watch Turkish dramas with English subtitles. Be sure to check each and every one of them, so that you can decide the site which best suits your needs:
1. Express Dizi. This is a site with the latest Turkish series online, with English subs and you can watch them free of charge. No registration is required, and the site is regularly updated with new content. Also, you can watch everything in HD resolution.
2. Promix TV This is another site which offers the latest and greatest from Turkey, all with English captions. It is free of charge, and it has one of the biggest collection of Turkish series and movies. No registration is required.
3. YouTube Yes, YouTube has Turkish dramas available for you to watch, and even free of charge. There is no doubt that YouTube is one of the best means to watch content, whether on your smartphone, computer or even smart TV. However, sometimes the English captions are compromised, since YouTube has its own translation service which may be inaccurate.
4. Turkfans Want to enjoy Turkish drama without being constantly annoyed by ads? Then this is the website for you. It has a good selection of Turkish drama seasons, and you watch everything free of charge. You do have to note that you have to register an account, in order to watch the dramas with English subs.
5. WLEXT Another free Turkish series streaming site with English subtitles, that can allow you up to 4 servers to stream their content (two of the servers allow you to download Turkish dramas with English subtitles). Despite a nice collection of content available on the site, the annoying thing about this website is that it has too many pop-up ads.
6. TurkFlux If you are looking for something premium, that has up to 4K resolution videos, no compromises on translation quality, and more Tham 3000 episodes of the best Turkish drama, series and movies, then this is the website for you. However, it is not free to use and you have to fork-out $13.99 a month or $110 annually to watch.
Part 3: Where to Download Turkish Dramas with English Subtitles
Some of the websites we listed in the preceding segment of this article only allow you to watch the content, but some of them allow you to download. From the following sites, you can directly download the Turkish dramas:
•TurkFlux (if you subscribe to the service)
YouTube, Promix TV, and Turkfans do not allow you to directly download the content. However, you can easily bypass this restriction with an advanced video downloader like CleverGet Video Downloader, a comprehensive online movie downloader that could not only download online videos, but also free movies, paid movies and even live streams, could help you easily complete online free movie download tasks in simple clicks. With it, you could easily download free movies from various free movie or video websites like YouTube, Twitter, Tubi, Facebook live, Vimeo and various other free movie sites. Download and install it to download the best Turkish dramas.
Download Movie Video With 320 Kbps audio.
Easily Download Live Streams Without Quality Loss.
Video Info Extractor.
Supports Playlist Downloading.
Support Multi-tasking & Video Info Extractor Inside.
Ease to Use UI.
Part 4: Watch the Downloaded Turkish Dramas on PC with Leawo Blu-ray Player
Since the early 2000s, the Turkish drama industry has grown remarkably. Most of the Turkish dramas show the Turkish culture, as well as its cultural and economic exports. Today, Turkish dramas are common in Brazil, Mexico, the United States, North Africa, and some parts of Asia. It is easy to find yourself enticed in Turkish series for hours, and you deserve a good media playback software for that. The best recommended media playback software for you is Leawo Free Blu-ray Player.
If you want to playback ISO files, Blu-ray or DVDs, this software is a dedicated media player, which supports Blu-ray Discs, folders and associated file formats, no-matter it is from the regions A, B or C. DVD discs from region 0 to 6 are also supported.
Region-free Blu-ray player software to play Blu-ray disc and DVD disc for free, regardless of disc protection and region restriction.
Play 4K FLV videos, 4K MKV videos, 4K MP4 videos, etc. without quality loss.
Support the conversion from Blu-ray/DVD discs to MKV in the premium version.
Here is how to use Leawo Blu-ray Player.
Step 1: Load your Turkish drama videos
After launching Leawo Blu-ray Player, click the green "Open File" button to browse and load any videos or audios for playback. If you have Turkish drama Blu-ray/DVD disc(s), insert the corresponding disc into the disc drive, then click the disc name on the home interface to start playing. You should see your movies listed on the playlist.
Step 2: Activate the subtitles
When you load your videos or movies, the software will begin the playback. During playback, move your mouse to the Title Area. From the 4 available options, click the "Subtitles" icon (the first one among the 4 icons). You can enable, disable, select, or import the subtitles.
Step 3: Adjust the video settings
On the top left corner, or by right-clicking on the main interface, choose the "Videos" option to enter the ‘Video-Settings’ panel. The video adjustment options include video cropping, post-processing, view mode, zooming, etc.
Step 4: Adjust the audio settings
Move your mouse over to the top left corner, or right click on the main interface and select the “Audios" option to enter the ‘Audio-Settings’ panel. The audio adjustment options include audio volume, amplification, offset, stream, output, output device, etc.