If you would like to transfer music from iPhone to computer for backup or enjoyment, there are several solutions recommended to make it. You may have found that you can easily transfer music from your computer to iPhone with iTunes, but iTunes is not that helpful if you want to transfer music from iPhone to computer. In fact, iTunes only allows you to transfer purchased songs back to its library, it would be helpful if you only prefer transferring purchased music from your iPhone to computer. When transferring non-purchased music to the computer from your iPhone, you need other feasible solutions. Fortunately, there are several solutions that help you transfer music from iPhone to computer free. Read on to learn more about the solutions on how to transfer music from iPhone to computer and choose the solution that helps you most.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Free with iTunes?
- Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Without iTunes?
- Part 3: How to Transfer Purchased Music from iPhone to Computer with Apple ID?
- Part 4: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Using Dropbox?
- Part 5: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer with Email?
- Part 6: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop?
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Free with iTunes?
It is known to all that you can simply use iTunes to transfer music from iPhone to computer. But before you start, it is worth noting that only purchased music can be transferred to iTunes. Then, make sure you download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Now you can follow the simple steps to transfer music from iPhone to computer free with iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer with the original USB cable.
- Click “File” on the upper menu of iTunes window, choose “Devices” > “Transfer Purchases from iPhone” to prompt the music to begin transferring onto your computer. Note that if you haven’t authorized your computer, you will be asked to authorize your computer. To make it, you should go to the upper menu, click “Account” > “Authorization” > “Authorize this computer”.
- Wait for the purchased music to finish transferring. According to the amount of music you want to transfer, this transferring process may take a few seconds to a few minutes.
- You can click “Recently Added” on the left side of the iTunes window, choose the purchased music you want to transfer to your computer and then click “Download” icon to save it on your computer. If you don’t see the “Download” icon, the music is already on your computer.
Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Without iTunes?
As mentioned above, you can transfer music from iPhone to computer with iTunes easily, but only for purchased music. To transfer non-purchased music files from iPhone to computer, you should resort to the third-party iPhone transfer software. And Leawo iTransfer is one of the best all-in-one iPhone transfer software that is worth a try. It enables you to transfer apps, music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, eBooks, photos and Camera Roll without the sync of iTunes. With this transfer software, you can transfer the purchased music and the non-purchased music from iPhone to computer within seconds. It has easy-to-use interface and no limits. Be sure to install the latest iTunes on your iPhone in advance, then you can follow the guidance on how to transfer music from iPhone to computer as below.
Step 1. Download and install Leawo iTansfer
Go to the official site and download Leawo iTansfer for free. Install it on your computer in seconds.
- Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
- 6x faster than iTunes
- Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
- Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, etc.
- Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
- Support Windows & Mac OS
Step 2. Run the program and connect iPhone to the computer
Now you can launch iTransfer and connect your iPhone to the computer with the original USB cable. iTransfer will automatically detect your iPhone and show the library in the left sidebar. Choose “Music” to show the music files saved on your iPhone.
Step 3. Choose music you want to transfer
You can select all music files or hold Ctrl/Shift key to select certain files, and then right-click the selected files and choose “Transfer to” > “My Computer”.
Step 4. Save the music in a target folder
Then, the transfer settings dialog will pop up. Select “Save to Folder” and click “Change” to choose a target folder to save the music on your computer. Then tap “Transfer Now” button to start transferring music from iPhone to computer.
When the transfer is finished, you will find your iPhone music in the target folder and feel free to enjoy it on your computer.
Part 3: How to Transfer Purchased Music from iPhone to Computer with Apple ID?
If you don’t want to use third-party software to transfer music from iPhone to computer and you only have some purchased music, you can directly re-download the purchased music in iTunes Store and copy iPhone music to computer with Apple ID. The simple steps below will guide you on how to transfer music from iPhone to computer.
- Run iTunes on your computer, go to the menu bar and choose “Account”.
- Click “Sign In” and enter your Apple ID that you used to purchase the music.
- Now go to the menu bar again, click “Account” > “Purchased” > “Music”.
- Click “Not in My Library” tab to see the purchased items, then click the download button to redownload the purchased music to your computer.
Part 4: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Using Dropbox?
Except for the solutions mentioned above, you can also take the assistance of any cloud-based app like Dropbox to transfer music from iPhone to computer. It works great when you only have a handful of music tracks to move, since Dropbox only gives 2 GB of free space for a basic free account. Here’s the way on how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone using Dropbox.
- Download the Dropbox App from App Store and install it on your iPhone.
- Log in to your Dropbox account. Then click the “+” button, tap on the Create and Upload file option.
- Search the music you want to transfer to computer and click on “Upload” to save the music on Dropbox.
- Now go to the Dropbox official website, log in to your account.
- Download the music from Dropbox to your computer.
Part 5: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer with Email?
If you do not wish to install any software for transferring music from phone to computer, using Email is a workable solution. It is one of the simplest solutions to transfer music from iPhone to computer through Email. Follow the steps below to make it easily and quickly.
- Open your email app on your iPhone and draft a mail. Attach the desired music file with the mail and send it.
- Enter the Email on your computer, right-click the attachment and download the music file to the target folder on the computer.
Part 6: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop?
If you wish to transfer music from iPhone to Mac wirelessly, AirDrop is a powerful tool to help you. AirDrop allows you to connect Mac and iPhone, and to transfer all kinds of data such as music, photos, videos, etc. Note that AirDrop can only transfer purchased music between Mac and iPhone. Besides, make sure that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection is enabled on your iPhone and Mac, and place your Mac and iPhone nearby. Read the following steps in detail to learn how to transfer music from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop.
Step 1: Enable AirDrop on Mac and iPhone
At first, just launch the AirDrop app from Finder or Spotlight on Mac. Then at the bottom, change the visibility to everyone. Similarly, start your iPhone and go to “Settings” to enable AirDrop. You can also go to the Control Center to turn on the AirDrop feature. When a prompt from the bottom appears to ask you to choose “Contact Only/Everyone”, tap on “Everyone” here.
Step 2. Transfer music from iPhone to Mac
Launch your music app on iPhone and play the music you want to transfer. Then click the “Share” icon to pop up a new window where you can choose Mac AirDrop as the target device. Mac has to approve the transfer, then it starts to send music from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop.
It is quite convenient for you to use AirDrop to transfer music from iPhone to Mac as well as share files like photos, movies, etc. among almost all iOS devices. However, your AirDrop not working on Mac may be challenging. Anyway, all the solutions mentioned in this post are workable on Mac as well. You can just choose the solution working best for you.