"How do you export video from ipod to computer? – I need to transfer video from ipod to computer, but it seems that i couldn’t make it with ease. Is there any way to export ipod video to computer? How to do it? Thanks." – from Apple Support Communities.
iPod is far more than a simple music player designed by Apple. It also comes with multiple other features that could improve your leisure entertainment, like its camera. You could take photos and shot videos wit iPod and then transfer video from iPod to computer or other devices. This guide would show you different ways on how to transfer video from iPod to computer so that you could use recorded videos for various purposes.
Part 1: How to Transfer Video from iPod to Computer via AutoPlay
Windows enables you to freely transfer video from iPod to computer, as well as photos. This method could be considered as the best solution for you to transfer video from iPod to computer, though it will transfer the whole photo and video library to computer. The below steps would show you how to transfer video from iPod to computer in detail:
- Connect your iPod to computer via the USB cable.
- When the AutoPlay pops up, you could see an option of "Import pictures and videos".
- Click it and then you could export videos from iPod to computer as well as pictures.
- Click the "Import" button next and then wait for the importing process to complete.
The video gallery program will launch when the import is complete. And then, locate your videos in the "Recently Imported" section of the program window.
If your computer doesn’t show up the AutoPlay, you could as well use your iPod as a USB disc to export video from iPod to computer.
- Connect your iPod to computer via the USB cable.
- Open your computer on the desktop.
- And then you could see your iPod as a removable disc.
- Right click it and then choose "Import pictures and videos" option.
- Or you could open your iPod and then you will see "Internal Storage" > "DCIM" folder, where you could see multiple sub-folders that contains pictures and videos on your iPod. Get the ones you want to transfer from iPod to computer and then paste and copy to computer.
Part 2: How to Transfer Video from iPod to Computer via iCloud
You could also make use of iCloud to transfer video from iPod to computer wirelessly. That means you don’t need to connect your iPod to computer via USB cable to realize video transfer from iPod to computer. To transfer iPod video to computer via iCloud, you need to open iCloud photo sync on your iPod. The below steps would show you how to transfer video from iPod to computer in detail:
- On your iPod, open "Settings > your Apple ID name > iCloud > Photos" tab and then toggle on "iCloud Photo Library" option.
- Connect your iPod to a WiFi network so as to sync your videos on iPod to iCloud.com.
- Open iCloud.com on your computer and then log in with the same Apple ID as the one you’ve used to log in on your iPod.
- On iCloud.com, open "Photos" tab and then choose the video you want to transfer from iPod to computer. (On Windows, press and hold Ctrl button to select multiple videos. On Mac, press and hold the Command button to select multiple videos.)
- Then click the cloud download icon to start to download video from iCloud to computer.
- You will then be asked to set a directory to save the videos to be downloaded from iCloud.
Part 3: How to Transfer Video from iPod to Computer via Leawo iTransfer
Besides making use of Windows AutoPlay and iCloud to transfer video from iPod to computer, you could also use 3rd-party iPod video transfer app to directly transfer iPod video to computer. Leawo iTransfer is one of the most popular 3rd-party iOS data transfer and manager software apps that could help you transfer data and file of up to 14 types between iOS devices, iTunes and computer, play back, edit, and delete data and files on iPhone from computer, etc. With this iPod video transfer software app, you could directly transfer video from iPod to computer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your computer. The below steps show you how to how to transfer and export video from iPod to computer with this iPod video transfer software. (Here we take iPhone as an example to show you the steps. Leawo iTransfer provides the same operations for both iPhone and iPod video transferring to computer.)
Step 1. Launch the software
Use USB cable to connect iPhone and computer and then open the software. Your iPhone will be automatically detected by the software.
Step 2. Choose video to transfer
Head to "iPhone > Library > Camera" tab. You could then view all videos available for you to transfer from iPod to computer. Select the videos you want to transfer and then right click to choose "Transfer to > My Computer". Note: Sometimes your recorded video might appear under the "Photos" tab.
Step 3. Transfer video from iPod to computer
Then, you will be asked to fill in the box for setting output directory to save the videos to be transferred from iPod to computer. After setting output directory, click the "Transfer Now" button. After that, you only need to wait for the transferring to complete.
Leawo iTransfer supports up to 14 types of data and files for you to manage from computer, including: photos, videos, music, contact, note, books, etc. You could transfer all these data and files between iOS devices and computer. If you’re using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac for iOS data transferring and managing on Mac.
Video Demo of How to Use Leawo iTransfer
Besides the abovementioned 3 ways to transfer video from iPod to computer, there are still other methods. You could transfer video of a small size from iPod to computer via email or AirDrop as well.