“I have a bunch of photos on my iPhone. They are very important to me. I don’t want them to lose one day. It makes me hurt when I think about that. So I come up with a good idea to transfer iPhone photos to USB flash drive. In this way, I don’t need to be afraid of that. However, I have no idea how to transfer Photos from iPhone to USB stick. My friend, can I expect your help? You are always the only one I count on.” My bosom friend Amy asked for my help in her e-mail. Sure, it is an issue that annoys many Apple users like my friend. Some people may want to save those photos to spare space on iPhone, while some wants to keep their best memories forever. In order to figure out how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB stick, I would like to invite you to read this guide.
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive via Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer is pre-installed in Windows computer. In other words, you don’t need to download or install any 3rd-party software to accomplish how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB stick. Within a few clicks, you are able to transfer iPhone photos to USB flash drive. Now learn how by the following steps.
1. Plug USB flash drive and iPhone to computer. iPhone will receive a prompt to approve it. Approve it and iPhone will be automatically detected by computer.
2. Open Windows Explorer and head to “iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM”. A list of photos on iPhone will show up.
3. Hold “Ctrl” and select photos you would like to transfer to USB stick and press “Ctrl + C”.
4. Create a new folder in USB drive or find a folder, then press “Ctrl + V” to transfer iPhone photos to USB flash drive.
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive with iCloud
iCloud is able to back up the data of iOS devices like photos, mails, calendars, contacts and so forth. It also allows you to download these files from iCloud to your computer or external disk. For how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB drive, iCloud is also a good choice. What you need to do is log into iCloud.com. Now read the following steps to learn how with this USB iPhone photo transfer tool.
1. On your iPhone, navigate to “Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Photos” and toggle “iCloud Photo Library” on.
2. Plug USB drive to computer and log in iCloud.com with Apple ID and password. If it is your first time to log in on this computer, your iPhone will receive a verification code. Input the code to log into iCloud.com.
3. You will see different kinds of contents on the computer screen after you log into iCloud. Click on “Photos” and head to “Photos” panel. In the left sidebar, you can see photos from different apps. Find photos you want to transfer and select them by holding “Ctrl”, then click the downloading icon at top right corner.
4. In a pop-up window, choose a folder in USB flash drive as the destination folder to save photos.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to USB Flash Drive with Leawo iTransfer
Another good choice to get how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive is via Leawo iTransfer. With super clean and concise interface, Leawo iTranfer allows users to transfer various kinds of contents like photos, apps, movies, TV shows, music and so forth between iOS devices, computers and iTunes. You can also directly manage files on this software. For example, you can add or delete playlists on your iPhone, or you can back up some files to iTunes. If you want to spare space on iPhone, you can delete unwanted contents. Besides, Leawo iTransfer is featured by transferring purchased and non-purchased items without limits. Now let’s take a look at how to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive with iPhone photo USB transfer software.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect iPhone to computer
Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable and plug USB stick to computer, then run Leawo iTransfer. iPhone can be automatically detected by Leawo iTransfer. You can see basic information about iPhone listed on the right interface like type, serial number, etc.
2. Choose items to transfer
Go to “iPhone > LIBRARY > Photos” in the left sidebar and select photos in the right interface by pressing “Ctrl”. After that, right click selected items to choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. Choose a destination folder
In the pop-up dialogue, check “Save to folder” and click “Change” to choose a folder in USB flash drive as the output directory. Click “Transfer Now” and it will begin transferring photos from iPhone to USB stick. The progress bar will indicate the transferring process. After a while, your USB stick will get photos via this iPhone photo USB transfer software.