If you have downloaded some of your favorite files from Mac, such as songs, movies and so on, you can find some solutions to transfer data from Mac to iPod. This process is not hard to handle. This guidance will show you 5 methods to solve the problem. Now let’s start to read the detailed contents in this tutorial.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod with iTunes
- Part 2: How to Transfer Data from Mac to iPod via File Sharing
- Part 3: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod without iTunes but iCloud Drive
- Part 4: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod via Email
- Part 5: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod without iTunes but iTransfer for Mac
Part 1: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod with iTunes
iTunes is a common tool to solve how to move files from Mac to iPod. It is useful for you to back up your files with iTunes and then use them in the future in case you need. The steps shown below will instruct you to achieve your aim. Here I will take music for instance.
1. On Mac, run iTunes and make sure it is the latest version. Connect iPod with Mac. Afterwards, you need to go to “File > Add to Library” to navigate to your Mac music files that you want to transfer to iPod. The added music will show in the music library of iTunes on Mac.
2. Go to “iPod icon > Settings > Summary > Music” tab and then choose “Sync Music” option to check. After that, select the music files you want to move to iPod. Finally, you can click on the “Apply” button to begin to sync music to iPod.
Step 3: When the sync process is over, the Mac files will be on your iPod.
Note: Before you start to sync files to iPod, you need to go to “Preferences > Devices” to make sure “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” is checked.
This solution is quite simple. However, the previous files on your iPod will be erased. If you mind this disadvantage, you can continue to check out other ways in this tutorial to assist you.
Part 2: How to Transfer Data from Mac to iPod via File Sharing
File sharing can also be used to solve how to move files from Mac to iPod. It allows you to transfer files between Mac and an application on your iPod. This is a feature of iTunes as well. Now let’s begin to see how to make it via file sharing function. Here I will take movies for instance.
1. Connect iPod with Mac and then you need to launch the latest version of iTunes on Mac.
2. Click on “iPod icon > Apps” and then go to the “File Sharing” section in the right part of the interface.
3. Select an application that can share movies from the listed ones in the section of “File Sharing”.
4. You can scroll and drop the movies from the list of “Documents” to a folder on your Mac to copy movies from Mac to iPod easily. You can also tap the “Add” button in the “Documents” list to navigate to the movies that you would like to transfer from Mac. Finally, you can click “Add” to finish the process.
If you want to solve the problem without iTunes, you can refer to other ways in this guidance to assist you.
Part 3: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod without iTunes but iCloud Drive
If you want to solve how to move files from Mac to iPod without iTunes, you can take advantage of iCloud Drive to help you to get rid of it. Follow me to check out how to make it with iCloud Drive in the contents shown below.
1. On your Mac, click on the Apple icon and then tap “System Preferences”.
2. Choose the “iCloud” option to click on and then tick “iCloud Drive” to enable it. After that, you need to click on the button of “Manage” to save your settings.
3. Navigate to the folder of iCloud Drive in “Finder”. After that, you can choose the files on your Mac that you want to transfer to iPod. Drag the chosen files to the folder of iCloud Drive.
4. On your iPod, you need to click to open iCloud Drive app and then the Mac files will show in the folder of iCloud drive. You can tap on the download button to save the Mac files to your iPod to solve the problem without iTunes perfectly.
In order to solve how to move files from Mac to iPod without iTunes, you can also use Email to assist you. The fourth part will instruct you to realize your goal with Email.
Part 4: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod via Email
Email can also help you to solve various transfer problems, including how to move files from Mac to iPod without iTunes. Now let’s get to the point on how to make it via Email.
1. On Mac, open a browser to log into your email address and then tap the compose icon to start to compose a new mail. After that, attach the Mac files to the new mail by tapping on the attach button. Fill in other necessary information in this interface and send the new email to another email address. Make sure both email accounts are yours.
2. On your iPod, sign into the email address to receive the new email. Afterwards, you can download the attached files to your iPod.
However, if you want to transfer lots of large files from Mac to iPod, this method is not suitable. You can check out other solutions to help you. In the next part, I will tell you how to move files from Mac to iPod without iTunes but iTransfer for Mac.
Part 5: How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPod without iTunes but iTransfer for Mac
Leawo iTransfer for Mac is an efficient tool to help you to deal with how to move files from Mac to iPod without iTunes. Its powerful functions allow you to manage 12 kinds of files among computers, iDevices and iTunes. It can offer you satisfying results. Now let’s begin to see how to achieve your transfer aim with this professional software. Here I would like to take music for instance.
☉ copy files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ copy up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1: Run Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPod to Mac
Connect iPod with Mac with proper USB cable. Launch iTransfer for Mac and your iPod information will appear in the interface.
Step 2: Open “Music” Tab and Add MP3 Files
Go to “iPod icon > LIBRARY > Music” panel to check all songs in your iPod. Afterwards, you need to tap “File > Add” and then choose “Add File” or “Add Folder” as you need. Navigate to the music files on Mac that you want to transfer to iPod. You can also drag and drop the music files into this software.
Step 3: Transfer Music to iPod
When you have selected the files you need, the program will begin to move files from Mac to iPod. In a few seconds, the process will complete. Thus the Mac files will be available on your iPod.
This great tool can help you to solve diverse transfer problems. You can also use it to transfer files from iPod to Mac with a few clicks.