If you don’t want to keep annoyed by the message that your iPhone storage runs out, you definitely need to seek for a good way to store your important iPhone files. Under this circumstance, it is feasible to copy files from iPhone to PC, which can not only help to spare space on your iPhone, but also avoid your iPhone information losing by accident. In today’s guide, I would like to introduce 5 methods to teach you how to transfer files from iPhone to PC using iTunes and without iTunes.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to PC Using iTunes
- Part 2: How to Do Transferring Files from iPhone to PC without iTunes but Windows Explorer
- Part 3: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to PC with Leawo iTransfer
- Part 4: How to Move Files from iPhone to PC with iCloud
- Part 5: How to Copy Files from iPhone to PC with E-mail
Part 1: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to PC Using iTunes
How to transfer files from iPhone to PC using iTunes? As we all know, iTunes is specially designed for Apple users to listen to music, search for wonderful media resources and back up iOS information. As long as you connect iPhone to PC, you can accomplish transferring files from iPhone to PC. Now let’s see how to transfer files from iPhone to PC using iTunes.
1. Start the latest iTunes on your computer. Head to “Edit > Preferences > Devices > Prevent iPhones, iPods and iPads from syncing automatically”.
2. Plug iPhone to your computer via USB cable and iTunes will automatically recognize your iPhone and show an iPhone icon in the upper left corner.
3. Click on “File” at the top right corner of the menu bar and choose “Devices > Transfer Purchases from ‘iPhone'”. In this way, all the purchased items will be transferred to your PC.
Note: this method can only be used to transfer purchased items from iPhone to PC. If you want to transfer non-purchased items, you have to think about other ways.
Part 2: How to Do Transferring Files from iPhone to PC without iTunes but Windows Explorer
How about transferring files from iPhone to PC without iTunes? Windows Explorer will be a good choice for you to move files from iPhone to PC. It doesn’t need you to download or install 3rd-party software, for Windows Explorer is pre-installed on your computer. Check the following steps below to learn how to copy files from iPhone to PC.
1. Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable. Your iPhone will receive a prompt which asks for your approval to access iPhone. Approve it and your computer will recognize iPhone.
2. Open Windows Explorer and go to “iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM”. Videos and photos will show up on the screen.
3. You can hold “Ctrl + A” to select all items or just press “Ctrl” and click items you want to transfer, then click “Ctrl + C”.
4. Open a folder on PC and hold “Ctrl + V” to copy files from iPhone to PC.
Note: you can only transfer photos and videos via Windows Explorer. For other types of contents, you can’t transfer them via Windows Explorer.
Part 3: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to PC with Leawo iTransfer
Different from iTunes and Windows Explorer, Leawo iTransfer allows you to transfer different kinds of purchased and non-purchased documents and information like photos, videos, contacts, notes, bookmarks and so forth between iPhone, PCs and iTunes without limits. Hence, if you ask me to recommend any iPhone to PC file transfer tool, I will not hesitate to recommend Leawo iTransfer. Furthermore, Leawo iTransfer enjoys super clear and concise interface that enables users to directly manage files. Now take a look at the step-by-step guide to complete transferring files from iPhone to PC without iTunes.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect iPhone to computer
Insert iPhone to computer with USB cable and launch Leawo iTransfer – iPhone to PC file transfer software. The software can automatically recognize iPhone and display 12 kinds of categories in the left sidebar. You can choose any kinds of categories to transfer.
2. Choose files to transfer
Here I would like to take music transferring as an example. Click on “iPhone” in the left sidebar and choose “LIBRARY > Music”. In the right interface, select music you want to transfer by pressing “Ctrl” and right click them to select “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. Set an output directory
In the pop-up window, check “Save to folder” and click on “Change” to select a folder on computer as an output directory. Afterwards, choose “Transfer Now” to start transferring files from iPhone to computer without iTunes but with this iPhone to PC file transfer tool.
Part 4: How to Move Files from iPhone to PC with iCloud
Another way to transfer files from iPhone to PC is via iCloud. iCloud is helpful in backing up iPhone information like photos, contacts, mails, calendars, etc. Usually, iCloud information comes from iPhone. In other words, if you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC, you can transfer files from iCloud to PC.
1. On your computer, go to “Settings > Apple ID > iCloud”. Toggle on any items you want to transfer from iPhone to PC. Here I would like to take photos for example. Tap on “Photos” and toggle “iCloud Photo Library” on.
2. On your computer, sign into iCloud.com with Apple ID and password. After you log into iCloud, you can see different categories.
3. Click on “Photos”. In the left sidebar, photos from different apps will display on the screen. Choose photos you want to transfer and click on the downloading icon at top right corner to download photos from iPhone to PC.
Part 5: How to Copy Files from iPhone to PC with E-mail
E-mail is also a good method to transfer files from iPhone to PC. You can attach any kinds of file to the e-mail to accomplish transferring files from iPhone to PC. Now let’s learn from the following steps to read how to transfer files from iPhone to PC via e-mail. Here I would like to introduce how to transfer books from iPhone to PC for your reference.
1. On your iPhone, open iBooks app and choose a book you want to transfer. Open the book and locate the content page.
2. At top right corner, you can see a share icon. Tap it to choose “Mail” in the pop-up window.
3. It will jump to the mail editing page. Input your e-mail address, then tap on “Send” in the upper right corner.
4. Now sign into the mail on your computer to receive the mail. Download the attachment to your computer.
Usually, if you want to transfer files from iPhone to PC, you should find the files and click on the share icon. After that, choose “Mail” and attach files to the e-mail and transfer them to your computer.