If you already have a Gmail account, you may use it regularly to send an email. Actually, you can also use it as a backup for your iPhone contacts. Syncing contacts from iPhone to Gmail can be an easy-to-do task. If you want to backup your iPhone contacts to Gmail, the guidance below will show you how to do that with 6 feasible solutions, including Leawo iTransfer, Settings, iTunes, iCloud, E-mail and SIM card.
- Method 1: How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail with iTransfer
- Method 2: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via Setting
- Method 3: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail through iTunes
- Method 4: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail with iCloud
- Method 5: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail using E-mail
- Method 6: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail from SIM Directly
Method 1: How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail with iTransfer
This quick guide shows how to sync contacts from iPhone to Gmail using iPhone contacts transfer software - Leawo iTransfer. Unlike other transfer methods, this one is easy, safe and transfers all contact details. The approach works for any type of iPhone or iPad contact; whether saved locally or sourced from an online account. Transfer all contacts to Google with only a few clicks. You only need to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, then import the iPhone contacts to Gmail. If you desire to grasp this solution, you can check out the following steps in detail to achieve your aim.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XR, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Insert iPhone into Computer
Run iTransfer and then connect your iPhone device with computer via a proper USB cable. The software will detect iPhone and show its icon in the left panel. Your iPhone info will be shown in the right part of the window for you to check out, such as the device type, capability, version, serial number and etc.
2. Click on “Contacts” Tab
Click on iPhone icon and then navigate to “LIBRARY > Contacts” to see all iPhone contacts in the right part of the interface as shown below. You can see the name and phone number of your iPhone contacts clearly.
3. Export VCard File to Computer
Check the contacts you want to transfer to Gmail and then tap on the button of “Export”. A panel will show up and you need to set a folder on computer to save the contacts in the format of VCF for later use.
4. Sync Contacts from Computer to Gmail
After exporting contacts from iPhone to computer, you can navigate to https://mail.google.com/, and log in to your Gmail account. Next, go to the “Contacts” section. Once in “Contacts”, click on the “More” button. From the drop-down menu, select “Import”. Then you are able to import the contacts from computer to Gmail. You can choose CSV or VCard files to import.
This method is quite simple to handle. It is sensible for you to download and install Leawo iTransfer on computer right now to have a try. This great tool will never let you down when it comes to dealing with various transfer issues among computers, iTunes and iOS devices. There is no need to hesitate anymore. If you are interested in other methods to sync contacts from iPhone to Gmail, you can continue to read this tutorial.
Method 2: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via Setting
iPhone users are able to sync contacts from iPhone to Gmail directly on iPhone. You only need to follow the steps below and you will know how to finish the task with ease.
1. Click on the Settings app on iPhone and then click on “Contacts> Accounts > Add Account > Google”. After that, you need to enter your Gmail account and password to finish this step.
2. Then tap “Contacts” to the on state. Go back to home screen, and launch Contacts app, then the contacts will be synced to Gmail.
After syncing iPhone contacts to Gmail, you can manage your iPhone contacts with Gmail, like syncing Gmail contacts to your Android phone or exporting the contacts to computer. You need to make sure your iPhone is connected to a good Wi-Fi network when you make use of this method to realize your goal.
Method 3: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail through iTunes
If your iPhone is running iOS 4.x and lower, then the method above is practically redundant, since apps are not compatible with that version of iOS and iCloud did not exist back then. In the occasion, iTunes can help you sync iPhone contacts to Gmail.
1. Download and launch iTunes and make sure it is the latest version. Then connect your iPhone to the computer via suitable USB cord.
2. Go to “Preferences > Devices” and then choose “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” to check.
3. Click on iPhone icon and then hit “Settings> Summary” tab. After that, you need to tap on the option of “Info”.
4. Check “Sync Contacts With” in the right part of the screen and then select “Google Contacts”.
5. Type your Google account’s username and password. And click “Apply”.
Wait for a moment and your iPhone contacts will be synced to Gmail for backup. Thus, it will be unnecessary for you to worry about the loss of your contacts any longer.
Method 4: Sync Contacts from iPhone to Gmail with iCloud
iCloud is really a good tool for you to sync contacts from iPhone to Gmail, which is also one great method to back up iPhone files. If you desire to use this solution, you can check out the following steps to know how to get this work done.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Settings app and then click on the tab of “Apple ID > iCloud”. You will see a list in the function area of “APPS USING ICLOUD”, and you will see the options of Photos, Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and so on.
2. Swipe down the page to find the “Contacts” option to turn on it. Thus, your iPhone contacts will be synced to iCloud.
3. On your computer, open a web browser to navigate to iCloud.com. Sign into it with your Apple ID credentials.
4. Choose “Contacts” from the options list and then click on the gear button to select “Export vCard” in the drop-down menu. Thus, your iPhone contacts will be available on your computer local folder.
5. Go to the website of Google and then sign into Google Contacts with your password. Click on the “More” button and then hit the option of “Import…” on the left.
6. Afterwards, click on “Choose File” and select the vCard file that you have just exported from iCloud. Hit “Import”. Thus, your iPhone contacts will be accessible in Gmail.
This method is a bit complicated. You first need to sync iPhone contacts to iCloud and then export them to computer. Finally, you can import them to Google contacts. If you dislike this solution, you can choose other proper ways to help you to sync contacts from iPhone to Gmail.
Method 5: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail using E-mail
Email is a good tool to send files to others, which can also be used to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail. It is quite easy to handle via this method. Follow me to see the steps shown below and you will know clearly how to make it.
1. On your iPhone, click on Contacts app to choose a certain contact that you desire to sync to Gmail. You will see several options under in the specific contact page, such as Send Message, Share Contact, Add to Favorites and etc.
2. Click on the option of “Share Contact”. In the next interface, you need to choose “Mail” tab as the share method.
3. In the panel that shows up, you need to enter your Gmail address to receive the contact and then click on “Send” button. Thus, your iPhone contact will be on Gmail.
Although this method seems to be simple, you only can send one contact at a time to Gmail. If you desire to sync a batch of iPhone contacts to Gmail, this solution will be too time-consuming. I’d like to recommend you choose other ways to help you to get this task done to save your time.
Method 6: Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail from SIM Directly
iPhone SIM card can also be used to sync contacts to Gmail as well. The following instruction will direct you to make it.
1. Run Settings app on iPhone and then click on the option of “Contacts > Import SIM Contacts”.
2. A panel will show up and you need to choose to click on “Gmail” tab to realize your goal to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail.
The methods mentioned above all enable iPhone users to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail. Apart from syncing iPhone contacts to Gmail, Leawo iPhone transfer tool is also helpful for transfer contacts between iOS devices, iTunes and computers. For example, you can transfer iPhone contacts to Android phone with the software. If you are in need, check it out.