iTunes offers more than 50 million songs for your online listening, so it surely has something in it to fit for your mood. You can enjoy it for free with no advertisement. But if you are the person who likes to listen to the music anywhere and anytime without any limit, what would you do to make the music become portable for you? A good way is to record iTunes music on your device so that you can listen to it freely with no constraint.
Part 1: How to listen to iTunes music on computer and iPhone
To master well your iTunes music, you can put all your favourite music together so that they can serve you whenever you need it. In order to have a quick browse on the stacks of digital files, it’s best to import them into iTunes collection then you can view it conveniently in a short time. You also can make your music library organized as you want and create playlists to enjoy the music freely. Then enable the music sync to all your device like iPhone, iPad, Mac or computer. Finally, you just need to choose the Library once you run the Music app on your iPhone or iPad. You can listen to iTune music on it enjoyably. If you want to listen to them on computer, enter the music library when you open iTune on your computer, you can choose playlists or the artists or the songs for listening.
Part 2: How to record iTunes music with Leawo Music Recorder
To enjoy millions of iTunes music whenever and wherever, to know the tricks of how to record them into your device is important to make sure your music can be ready for you when you need it. Here we will recommend a useful tool – Leawo Music Recorder to help you to complete the record task in an effective way.
Leawo Music Recorder is an outstanding recording software to help you record the music from multiple sources like built-in input radio or computer audio or online music. The recorded files will be saved into MP3 or WAV as the final output format.
Thanks to the smart performance of this music recorder, music tags can be added to the recorded music automatically. Moreover, the music tags can be edited manually by music tag editor. The built-in library enables what you have recorded to be found and managed in high efficiency. If you want to share the recorded music to your iTunes, it just needs one click, then the sharing will be accomplished quickly. Based on the innovative technology of this recording software, a variety of basic settings are provided to make your music become customized according to your requirement. Such as the Task Scheduler, the Audio source or the output format and the like, which can assist you to set your audio recording to meet your needs. Original quality is assured while capturing any music because of the smart settings. Below we will you introduce the main functions of Leawo Music Recorder to let you know more about this amazing recording software.
When you launch Music Recorder on your computer, you will see the main interface of it as the picture shown below. The software includes two essential parts, that is Recording and Media.
Press the red button “Start”, you can begin to record audio and music from multiple sources.
If you want to check any previous and new recording, enter the “Media” part, then you can find and manage what you have recorded with the function of playing and previewing, adding, editing or deleting.
Before recording the music you need, you need to set the “Audio Source” by clicking the icon button “Audio Source”. There two selections for your choice, select the option “Record Computer Audio”, then you can record online audio and streaming audio. If you want to record the built-in input audio, clicking the option “Record Audio Input” can make it accomplish.
To make your recorded music files become customized, the Task Scheduler will help you to set the “Start Time” and “Recording Duration” as per your requirement.
Clicking the button “Add Playlist” which locates on the bottom of the left sidebar can help you to create the new playlist for recording music.
Through this music recorder, you are allowed to apply the recorded music to your iTunes Library with one click. Then you can enjoy the recording music in iTunes freely and enjoyably.
More options are available to help you make full use of Leawo Music Recorder, such as Settings, Online Help, Home Page and more.
How to record iTunes music with Leawo Music Recorder? Here we will instruct you the detailed steps as blow:
1. Run Leawo Music Recorder on your computer, then you will enter the main interface of this software. Audio source should be set firstly by clicking the icon button “Audio Source” on the pop-up pane. Select the option “Record Computer Audio”.
2. To record iTunes Music to MP3, you need to set the output format on the pane, the optional format MP3 or WAV can be chosen to your need, the parameter of recording files can also be set here.
3. Make the recording software begin to work by clicking the red button “Start”. Then play the iTunes Music after the software have started recording. The customized setting can be set by clicking the “Recording Task Scheduler” icon button on the left bottom of the software window, in which the start and duration time of recording can be set as per your requirement.
Part 3: Record iTunes music via Quick Time Player
Quick Time Player is an app to be used for watching movies, but you may be surprised that it also has the function of audio recording, video and screen. This app is able to capture the sound from microphone input and then it is saved into a m4a file with light weight, which is rightly fit for rapid voice recording and conversation capturing or any other use in recording what you need.
To record sound on Mac via Quick Time Player, built-in mic or the external mic can be used for recording any kinds of audio on Mac. You can follow the recording steps like this:
1. Run Quick Time Player on mac and select the option “New Audio Recording” in the pull-down menu of “File”.
2. Press the red button to begin to record the audio from the mic source which is defaulted by Quick Time Player.
3. Press the same red button to stop recording once the whole recording process is completed.
4. Select the option “Save” in the “File” menu and choose a target file with a name for saving so that you can find what you have recorded easily.
Instead of capturing and recording audio via a mic, another method is to to record the audio from all system with the help of Soundflower. That means you can record any audio from Mac or OS X. Soundflower can be installed freely on your Mac. You can adjust the setting of output and input audio via volume menu once Soundflower has been installed.
Then test whether Soundflower works normally through the indicator of input level when you are playing the audio on Mac.
You should note that all the recorded audio must be subject to their authorization and laws. In spite of this, you must remember that no matter what audio you want to capture by using any app, Soundflower is the sound channel you should select. Here we will show you how to record iTunes music via quick time player with the help of soundflower.
1. Remember to click output sending to “Soundflower” in the volume menu.
2. Run quick time player and turn audio input channel into “Soundflower”.
3. Begin to play the iTunes music you want to record.
It is very simple to operate via Soundflower, but two things must be kept in mind when apply Soundflower to the app for audio recording. One is to select “Soundflower” as audio output. The other is to select “Soundflower” as audio input in your recording app.
Part 4: Record iTunes music through Audacity
Audacity is a powerful software which is used for recording and editing the audio from any source. It can be applied to Windows and Mac, also it can be used in Linux as well. Below are the steps of how to record iTunes music via Audacity.
1. Run Audacity on your computer or Mac.
2. Search the pull-down box with default value from top menu.
3. The default value must be changed in order that any sound from the input and output of the system can be captured. Choose “WASAPI” if it is Windows system.
4. Select the option “Rec Playback” on right and the box on right must be made sure to set into stereo.
5. You can begin to record iTunes music after the setting has been done.
6. Go to play iTunes music.
7. Click the red “Start” button on Audacity and begin to record iTunes music.
8. When recording is finished, press the square button to stop recording.
9. The recording audio can be check by playing back by clicking the green triangle button.
10. You are allowed to edit what you have recorded to meet your requirement.
11. If there are no changes needed to make, you can store the recorded file directly. The file is saved as a project of Audacity with the extended name au, which aims at editing the files in the future. Meanwhile, the file can also be saved into MP3 format. Just follow the step File > Export Audio and then save your recorded file.
Part 5: Comparision among Music Recorder, Quick Time Player and Audacity
Comparing three tools of audio recording， Leawo Music Recorder takes no trouble and any disadvantage in audio files recording. Even you are a new user of Leawo Music Recorder, it is easy for you to know how to use this software to record audio files in an effective way.
Quick Time Player
Leawo Music Recorder
1.The audio can be recorded and edited in this app.
1.Features compatibility and can be used in all kinds of operating system, moreover, it is free of charge.
1. Easy-to-use and can record the audio from multiple sources.
1.The sound input must go through a microphone.
1.MIDI recording is not supported. The MIDI files can only be imported, edited and exported.
One month for free trial
You will be proficient in recording iTunes music once you finish reading this article. Compare the above mentioned three ways of recording music, it is obviously seen that Leawo Music Recorder enjoys wide popularity in our users as its simple operation and high efficiency in recording. You don’t need to worry about if there is any unsupported file format and the compatible problem in this software. Moreover, it doesn’t need the sound input from a mic like Quick Time Player. Why not get Leawo Music Recorder for a try, it is deserved to won one for recording iTunes music.