Discord is a popular gamer communication platform and specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between game users in a chat channel. Discord is specifically designed for use while gaming, as it includes features such as low-latency, free voice chat servers for users and a dedicated server infrastructure. All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. But lots of users may want to record audio on discord. So below guidance will show you the way.
Part 1: How to play music in discord
Discord is an application running on the desktop or phone, is it used for free chat in voice or text. Do you know how to play music on discord, if you want someone to hear? There are three ways of how to play music through discord for your reference as below:
1. Use Mic to play music on discord
The following picture will show you how to use mic to play music, the discord can be used as a simple voice application. No matter what we set for the input, it will mix with the signal from Mic audio and play via the virtual Mic as output.
Discord will accept the music even the volume is lower, all because input sensitive works.
Switch off the below settings, the sound quality from virtual mic will become better.
You should note that the voice from discord mic audio is not very ideal, the music plays in the discord is not so good as the original.
2. Play music in discord running on PC or Mac.
Firstly, you should download “Rythm” on the discord and then there are voice channels for you to join on discord, type the words like this:! play <song or artist>, the “song or artist” should be the one you are going to listen to. Finally, click the button “Enter” or “Return”, the song or artist will be searched by rhythm and will play the music you like.
Part 2: How to disable discord on startup
You may find that some programs would start automatically in the backstage when it is downloaded on your computer, which will easily make your computer start up very slowly, it will also decelerate your computer because a bunch of programs runs automatically which are not in your needs. The automatic startup can be disabled via the “setting” or “general” tab. But it is hard to find the tabs to disable discord on startup, here we will show you the effective way of how to disable discord on startup as below while you are running your computer.
1. Find the task bar on the right bottom and click the icon of up arrow.
2. A small window will pop up and then enter the discord application by right clicking.
3. You will see a check option on “Run Discord when my computer starts”, this is why discord will start up automatically, uncheck this option by left clicking.
You just need to follow the above steps, then you can turn off the discord start up successfully.
Part 3: What to do if discord voice not working
Sometimes you will feel frustrated because of the problem on the discord voice not working, here will show you three simple ways to fix this problem.
1. You can update the discord audio driver manually or automatically. Through manual updates, you can gain the audio card from the manufacturer and search for the new and the correct audio driver. Automatic update with driver easy is a convenient way to help you to find the correct audio card and will download the proper audio driver.
2. The voice setting can be reset to solve this problem., first, you need to press the icon button on the right bottom of the homepage on discord.
Second, reset the voice setting by clicking the option “Voice & Video”.
Third, click the button “Okay” and then connect the microphone again and test whether the microphone works normally by sending audio messages via discord.
3. The voice problem can be fixed by quitting discord.
A. You can quit discord by clicking the discord icon button on the windows task bar.
B. Find the shortcut icon of discord on the desktop and then click it, the option of “Run as administrator” should be selected.
C. The User Account Control will give a prompt and then click the button “Yes”.
Finally, you can check if the voice works normally by sending audio messages via discord.
Part 4: How to record discord audio
If you want to record discord audio for your memory or for offline listening, what method can be used for it? Here we will recommend you a useful program to complete this task, that is Leawo Music Recorder.
Leawo Music Recorder is an outstanding tool for recording the audio from multiple sources like the computer audio, built-in input audio, and online audio sources, the output format will be saved as MP3 or WAV, no data loss will be assured with this software. The basic settings in different kinds will meet your requirements to capture the original audio in good quality. Below is the guide for how to record discord audio via Music Recorder.
1. Run the Music Recorder on the computer, you will find the setting option in the drop down list when you click the up arrow button on the right upper corner.
2. You need to set the “Audio Source” initially by clicking this icon button, then choose the option “ Record Computer Audio”.
3. Click the icon button “Format” and choose MP3 or WAV as output format for your recorded files. Also, the parameters for recording files can be set via audio codec, bit rate and sample rate.
4. Leawo Music Recorder will begin to work when you click the red button “Start”, then play the audio from discord, the Music Recorder will begin to record what you need on discord. You can control the recordings by the start time and duration time, Task Schedule will help you on the settings to meet your requirements.