Sometimes, the phenomenon of missing icon on iPhone occurs and you may have no clue on where it went. This may become troublesome if you need the data of the missing app and do not know how to fix how to get icons back on iPhone. In order to assist you to settle iPhone app icon missing issue, I would like to share some methods with you. I hope these solutions can do you some help indeed.
Part 1: How to Fix iPhone Built-in App Icon Missing
As we all know, there are many built-in apps on iPhone, which plays great role in iPhone performance, such as iCloud Drive, Mail, iTunes Store, App Store, Music and so on. For example, when you lost Mail icon on iPhone, you may lose some important information in business and etc. This is really annoying. How can you deal with missing built-in app icon on iPhone? Don’t worry too much! Here I would like to introduce the solutions to settle this issue by getting the missing icon back to iPhone. I will use some examples to show the specific methods.
1.1 iPhone Mail icon missing for accidental deletion
If you or your friend delete iPhone Mail app by mistake, you can get its icon back via reinstalling it in the APP Store. Here are the detailed steps.
1) Move to App Store on iPhone and then search “Mail” in the bar at the top of the interface.
2) When you find Mail app in the Store, you need to click on the cloud icon to the right of this app. Thus, the Mail app will be downloaded and reinstalled on iPhone. You will be able to make use of it again.
1.2 Message icon disappeared on iPhone 6 for place moving
If you do not delete the Message app on iPhone 6 but its icon is missing, you can try to move to the Spotlight search to find it.
1) Drag down the menu and swipe to the right to find the search bar.
2) Type “Message” and search it. When you find it, you can move it to your desired place on iPhone home screen for your convenience.
1.3 Fix iPad App Store icon missing via resetting home screen layout
1) In order to fix how to get an icon back on iPhone screen, you can try to run Settings app and then move to “General” tab.
2) Slide at the top and then find the option of “Reset”.
3) Hit “Reset Home Screen Layout” to test whether it can work. If it works, you can find the App Store icon in the original place.
1.4 Check the restrictions on iPhone to fix iPhone Camera icon missing
1) Run “Settings” app and then click on “General” tab.
2) Choose “Restrictions” and enable “Camera” tab under the menu of “ALLOW”. You can also find “Apps” tab and make sure it is set to “Allow all apps”.
You can try the four ways shown above to try to solve how to get iTunes icon back on iPhone as well. The solutions only call for a few clicks to handle the problems properly.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone App Icon Missing
The missing icon on iPhone not only appears on built-in apps, which may also occur on some other non-built-in apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, Health and etc. The following contents will show you the solution to cope with this issue. Here I desire to use Facebook for instance.
1) Try to make use of App Store to reinstall it on iPhone or search it on the Spotlight searching bar.
2) If the first two methods failed, you can continue to use “Usage” feature to fix it.
a) Go to “Settings> General> Usage” and wait for a moment till all iPhone apps show up in the list.
b) Find Facebook app from the list and then hit “Delete App”. When this step is done, you can go to the App market to redownload this app on iPhone successfully. Thus, the issue of Facebook icon disappeared can be solved perfectly.
3) You can also try to restart or force restart your iPhone to fix how to get an icon back on iPhone screen as well.
Part 3: How to Backup iPhone App from iPhone to Mac
My brother was frustrated when he lost icon on iPhone and some important data. He asked me whether I had some good ideas to prevent the happening of this case. Therefore, I recommended him backup iPhone app from iPhone to Mac beforehand. Thus, he did not have to worry about the data losing issue anymore. The software I taught him to use is Leawo iTransfer for Mac. If you are also interested in its functions in backing up apps from iPhone to Mac, you can start reading the following steps.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1. Run Leawo iTransfer for Mac and Insert iPhone into Mac
Launch Leawo iTransfer for Mac and then plug iPhone into Mac with proper USB cable.
Step 2. Hit “App” Tab
Go to hit “iPhone icon > LIBRARY > App” tab successively. You then can check out all apps on iPhone on Mac computer. If there is any app that your bored with, you could also delete them via iTransfer.
Step 3. Select Apps and Hit “Transfer”
Select the app you desire to backup to Mac computer, and then hit the transfer button with a right-forward arrow at the bottom right of the window. Choose “Transfer to > My Computer” to hit.
Step 4. Set Output Place and Backup to Mac
Leawo iTransfer has been developed for many years and its functions in solving transferring issues among computers, iDevices and iTunes are improved gradually. This great tool will surely become a good assistant tool of you when you use it effectively.