As we all know, videos will take up much space on iPhone. Therefore, most people would like to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop to make room for other files on iPhone. This is not tough to realize when you have mastered the solutions. The following 5 methods to help you to transfer iPhone video to laptop can also be used to transfer other files from iPhone to PC. Now you can begin to read the ways to assist you to realize your goal.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via Email
- Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via iCloud Drive
- Part 3: How to Transfer Video from iPhone X to Computer with Windows Explorer
- Part 4: How to Transfer Video from iPhone X to Mac with Photos App
- Part 5: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via iTransfer
Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via Email
Email is a good choice to solve how to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop. You can just create a new mail on your iPhone and then attach the videos to send to your computer mail box. After that, you can download to your laptop to transfer iPhone video to laptop easily. Let’s see the detailed steps in the following paragraphs.
1. On your iPhone, click on the videos you want to transfer to laptop and then choose the “Share” button to click on. In the options, you need to tap “Mail”.
2. Afterwards, you need to fill in the information in the new mail and send the videos to your own email address.
3. On your laptop, sign into your email address to receive the new email that contains the videos. Then you can download the sent videos to your laptop by clicking on it and then tap the “Save” button. Thus, the problem of how to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop can be solved with just a few clicks.
Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via iCloud Drive
You can also use iCloud Drive to assist you to transfer iPhone video to laptop. This is also simple. iCloud Drive can be used to save other files for backup as well. If you do want to know how to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop with iCloud Drive, you can check out the detailed steps shown below.
1. On your iPhone, go to “Settings > Apple ID > iCloud”. Then you need to click on “iCloud Drive” panel to enable it.
2. Afterwards, you need to click on the video on your iPhone. Click on the button at the lower left of the corner to share the video and then you will see several ways to share it. After that, you can click on “Add To iCloud Drive” to upload the video to iCloud Drive for later use.
3. On your laptop, log into iCloud for Windows with the same Apple account you are using on your iPhone to continue to solve how to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop. Afterwards, click on “iCloud Drive”. You are also able to set other features as you like. Click on the “Apply” button to confirm your settings.
4. Then you can see the iCloud Drive folder in the File Explorer’s Quick Access List. Find the video files that you have uploaded from your iPhone. Then you can copy and paste them to your computer folder to finish the process to transfer iPhone video to laptop with iCloud Drive.
Note: At the time when you log into iCloud on laptop, a panel on your iPhone will enquire whether you want to do so, you need to permit this verification code to allow the following process to transfer iPhone video to laptop.
Part 3: How to Transfer Video from iPhone X to Computer with Windows Explorer
The most direct and simplest way is via Windows Explorer. In this way, you don't need to download or install any software, for Windows Explorer is pre-installed on computer. Windows Explorer facilitates users to access to iPhone video and photos and to transfer iPhone X video to computer. However, Windows Explorer only allows users to get access to iPhone videos and photos. In other words, if you want to manage other kinds of files like contacts, music and so forth, then Window Explorer doesn't work. Now let's see how to transfer iPhone X video to computer.
1. Use USB cable to connect iPhone X to Windows computer. Your iPhone X will receive a note that asks for your trust. Choose "Trust" to continue and then computer can detect iPhone X.
2. Open Windows Explorer and locate the iPhone icon. Navigate to "Internal Storage > DCIM" where you can see both videos and photos on iPhone X. Select those videos by holding "Ctrl" and then right click them to choose "Copy". On your desktop, create a new folder and open it, right click anywhere to choose "Paste". Now you’ve transferred iPhone X video to computer.
Part 4: How to Transfer Video from iPhone X to Mac with Photos App
If you want to transfer video from iPhone X to Mac, it will be wise of you to choose Photos app. It allows you to transfer videos and photos directly between iPhone/iPad/iPod and Mac. Before you try to transfer video from iPhone X to Mac, you have to make sure you have the latest iTunes. Now please take a look at the following steps:
1. Plug iPhone to computer via USB cable. Generally speaking, Photos app will automatically open. If not, you can manually open the app.
2. You can see all photos and videos on the main interface. Hold "Command" and select videos you want to transfer.
3. Now click "Import X Selected" in the upper right corner. A box will pop up to ask you to choose a destination folder. Choose any folder on Mac to transfer video from iPhone X to Mac.
Part 5: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Laptop via iTransfer
In order to help you to transfer iPhone video to laptop, I suggest you use a professional tool to realize your goal. Leawo iTransfer is a powerful tool with great functions. You can take advantage of it to solve various transfer problems. Here, I will share the detailed steps to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop with iTransfer with you in case you need.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1: Open Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPhone to Laptop
To prepare to solve how to transfer videos from iPhone to laptop, you need to launch iTransfer on laptop and then connect iPhone to laptop with USB cable. After a while, you will see your iPhone info in the interface.
Step 2: Click “Movies” Tab and Transfer File
Navigate to “iPhone icon> LIBRARY > Movies” on the left sidebar. Then you will see the video files on your iPhone in the right side of the window. Choose the video file and then click on the transfer button. You can also right click on the selected video file and then choose “Transfer to > My Computer”. After that, you need to wait until the transfer is over. A few minutes later, you will be able to access the iPhone videos on your laptop.
This method is accurate and safe. If you want to transfer other files from iPhone to computer, I will recommend you use iTransfer to help you without hesitation.