As we use our phone for a long time, we have more and more pictures on our iPhone, which occupies large space on iPhone. However, pictures on iPhone might represent a wonderful memory for us and we would like to keep them as long as we want. So is there any good way to keep your pictures? Of course, you can save those pictures to USB drive. How to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB? Today, I would like to introduce several solutions to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB drive in detail.
- Part 1: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Windows Explorer
- Part 2: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via iCloud
- Part 3: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Email
- Part 4: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via AirDrop
- Part 5: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via iPhoto
- Part 6: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Leawo iTransfer
Part 1: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Windows Explorer
If you want to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB drive, you can try Windows Explorer. With Windows Explorer, you can easily and conveniently access pictures on iPhone. It doesn't require you to download or install software but simply plug your iPhone to computer. In this way, you can manage iPhone pictures directly on computer. One thing to be highlighted is that you can only manage photos and videos on Windows Explorer. If you want to transfer other kinds of files, you have to think about other solutions. Now let's read the following steps to learn how to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB drive.
1. Insert USB drive to computer and the computer will automatically detect USB drive.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable. After that, open Windows Explorer and tap on "iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM" and you can see pictures on iPhone.
3. Hold "Ctrl + A" to select all pictures or "Ctrl" and click pictures you want to transfer, then press "Ctrl+C".
4. Create a folder on USB drive and tap on "Ctrl + V" to save pictures from iPhone to USB drive.
Part 2: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via iCloud
As for how to save pictures from iPhone to USB drive, iCloud can also provide good solution. It facilitates you to back up pictures, calendars, mails, etc. from iPhone to USB. Next, the following steps will teach you how to save pictures from iPhone to USB drive.
1. On iPhone device, go to "Settings > Apple ID > iCloud" and click "Photo". Scroll down and toggle "iCloud Photo Sharing" on.
2. Open www.iCloud.com and input Apple ID and password. Usually, if it is your first time to log in computer websites, it will require you to enter verification code.
3. You can see different kinds of contents on iCloud. Now locate "Photos" and you can see photos on your iPhone. In the right interface, hold "Ctrl" and select photos you need to transfer.
4. Mouse over the download icon at top right corner, then a pop-up window will ask you to choose target output directory. You can choose USB drive to save your pictures. In this way, you save pictures from iPad to USB drive.
Part 3: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Email
The alternative to solve "how can I transfer pictures from iPhone to USB flash drive" is via email. Other than a good communication tool, email is also helpful in transferring any file and share to your friend or family. In this way, why not try to take advantage of email to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB flash drive?
1. Open Photos app on iPhone.
2. Choose "Albums" and select the albums including photos you would like to copy to USB flash drive. Tap on "Edit" and check photos you want to transfer.
3. Now tap on the Share button and choose "Mail" in the pop-up window. You will switch to email editing page. Usually, if you have already logged into email account before, you don't need to enter email again. Place your another receiver email and tap on "Send".
4. On your computer, insert USB flash drive to computer and log into the receiver email to download the attached files. Set your USB flash drive as the output directory to save photos.
This way is also workable to transfer other kinds of files like videos, PDF files and so on.
Part 4: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via AirDrop
AirDrop pitches itself as a good iOS device transferring tool that is able to transfer files wirelessly like movies, photos, contacts, websites, bookmarks and so on between iPhones, iPads, and Macs. If you want to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB driver, you can adopt AirDrop. Before you use AirDrop, please ensure that both iPhone and Mac are using the same Wi-Fi and keep their Bluetooth toggled on. Now let's learn how to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB driver via AirDrop.
Step 1: On your iPhone, swipe upward to enter "Control Centre" and tap on AirDrop to toggle it on, then select "Contact Only" or "Everyone". Usually, your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will be automatically opened. Launch Photo app and select photos, then tap on the Share icon. You can see many Apple devices available to share with, choose your Mac and wait for your Mac to authorize the transferring.
Step 2: On Mac, launch "Finder" and choose "Go > AirDrop" in the toolbar. Make sure your Mac log into the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. In the "Finder" interface, choose "Allow me to be discovered by Everyone/Only/No One". When you get a prompt from your iPhone to ask you to authorize the transferring, please choose to approve it. Later on, iPhone photos will be saved under the "Downloads" folder.
Step 3 Now plug your USB drive to your Mac and copy photos from the folder where you save photos from iPhone.
Part 5: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via iPhoto
If you want to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB drive on Mac computer, iPhoto will be the first method coming to your mind. With the help of the software, you can directly delete photos by directly dragging them to the Trash to spare more space for your iPhone or you can export photos from Photo Stream. Worth to mention, iPhoto is already renamed Photo. Now, I would like to introduce how to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB driver via iPhoto.
1. Connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable and insert USB driver to Mac. Generally speaking, iPhoto will automatically open and you can see all iPhone photos there.
2. In the left sidebar of iPhoto interface, click on "Devices > My iPhone" and you can see a list of iPhone photos show up on the right interface.
3. To transfer pictures from iPhone to USB driver, select photos by holding "Command" and clicking on photos. After that, choose "Import Selected" to import them to a specific folder. If you want to back up all photos, you can click "Command + A" to select all photos and then choose "Import All Photos" at top right corner.
4. A window will pop out and you can select USB drive as the destination place to save those photos from iPhone.
Part 6: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to USB Drive via Leawo iTransfer
Featuring a modern and simple interface, Leawo iTransfer is powerful iPhone USB picture transfer that can transfer photos, contacts, TV shows, movies, e-books and so on between iPhone, PCs and iTunes. This iPhone USB picture transfer also allows users to transfer purchased and non-purchased items. Furthermore, you can select multiple items in the same time and transfer or delete them directly. As for how to save pictures from iPhone to USB flash drive, you can take a look at the following steps.
You could also transfer photos from iPhone to computer first and then transfer it to USB drive.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XR, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Launch iPhone USB pictures transfer
Insert USB drive and iPhone to computer. Launch this iPhone USB pictures transfer and it will automatically recognize iPhone. In the right interface, you can see some basic introduction to your iPhone like type, capability, version and serial number. In the left sidebar display different kinds of contents like app, music, movies, TV shows, books and so forth.
2. Select pictures on iPhone
In the left sidebar, you can go to"iPhone > Library > Camera". Now you can see iPhone pictures show in the right interface. Press "Ctrl" on the keyboard and select photos you need to transfer, then click the transfer icon in the lower right corner or you can right click the selected pictures to choose "Transfer to > My Computer".
3. Transfer pictures from iPhone to USB drive
A dialogue will jump out and we can choose a destination folder. Here we can choose USB drive as the output directory. Now click "Transfer Now" to save pictures from iPhone to USB drive. Isn't it simple to learn how to transfer pictures from iPhone to USB flash drive?